SiouxSports.com Forum

Future UND/ Bison football Game

Dagger

No NDSU has not said that. They have said the first two games will be held in Fargo. Its a shame that you had to cancel the rivalry. I would love to see the game played. Because it should be about "the game". IMO But its now its a big business. Business relationships must be developed AGAIN to make this happen. The terms have been given to restart the game. If Brian REALLY wants this game he will accept the terms and take the money.

Dont let your egos get in the way. If you really want the game that is.

They can say whatever they want, doesn't mean anything. If it was about "the game", it would be an equal contract. Business relationships already exist, the teams play in all other sports. Why would Faison change how he operates to appease someone who won't honor an offer that they make.

As for cancelling the rivalry, are you saying that without a doubt, the two teams would still be playing yearly had UND filled an OOC with NDSU over a decade ago?

Faison has been consistent in how he schedules. He has not scheduled any road "money" games unless they are FBS and have all paid well more than what GT is offering. The only road FCS games that have been scheduled have been either the front or back end of a home/home contract. UND has had no problem keeping their schedule full with this strategy, even though they have had games bought out by opponents.

Plus your AD keeps trying to negotiate this in the media which doesnt play well.

No one has yet to provide an example of this. Continuing to repeat it over and over does not make it true. Please show an instance where this was done.

• Upvote 1

I found something odd. GT and the Bison fans need 6 home games, plus that precious FBS game for $$$$. 2015 there is NO FBS game. 2009 they had 5 home games.

2015 OOC:

@ Montana

vs Weber St

Open

2009:

@ Iowa State

@ SHSU (part of H/H)

vs Wagner

So if NDSU is so strapped for cash why no FBS in 2015, and why sign a home and home in an 11 game season like they did with SHSU? I know because games were hard to get in the GWFC. THAT IS THE REASON FAISON WANTED TO PLAY THE BISON EVERY YEAR!!!!

So 1-1, then 2-0 then 1-0 and Faison countered that with 1-1 with the 1 being in GF up to 3 years later. So a 5 year gap between games isn't good enough for GT?

Faison counter-proposed moving the proposed 2017 Grand Forks game to 2018, 2019 or 2020.

The Cy-Hawk series went dark for 43 years, I think that's where we are headed here. That used to sadden me a bit, now I'm just indifferent.

Still disappoints me some, but hear what you're saying. A tired subject. I sincerely hope Faison's working hard to fill the holes in upcoming schedules and not waiting for this debacle to come to fruition. It's clear, on this subject at least, Taylor's not a reliable negotiating partner and has no real interest other than covering his ass for PR purposes.. Long past time to move on to other options. This one's dead.

I sincerely hope Faison's working hard to fill the holes in upcoming schedules and not waiting for this debacle to come to fruition. It's clear, on this subject at least, Taylor's not a reliable negotiating partner and has no real interest other than covering his ass for PR purposes.. Long past time to move on to other options. This one's dead.

Agreed. Fill the dates and put this one to bed.

Gene Taylor does not want to play the game. You can do all the talking you want and give all the excuses you want, but the fact is the game is not happening for one reason only. It is spite. We wouldn't play the game in 2004 and he will go to his grave angry at UND . All the players in that situation 12 years ago are long gone. It is time for Gene Taylor to grow up and do his job as a mature adult. Gene needs to be put in timeout. If Gene wanted the game to happen it would be on the schedule in a heartbeat.

Because you hosed NDSU on the FB schedule. Not too hard to figure out. Plus your AD keeps trying to negotiate this in the media which doesnt play well.

But all this stuff is nothing but noise. If you want the game take the deal.

I thought it was about the nickname.

Gene Taylor does not want to play the game. You can do all the talking you want and give all the excuses you want, but the fact is the game is not happening for one reason only. It is spite. We wouldn't play the game in 2004 and he will go to his grave angry at UND . All the players in that situation 12 years ago are long gone. It is time for Gene Taylor to grow up and do his job as a mature adult. Gene needs to be put in timeout. If Gene wanted the game to happen it would be on the schedule in a heartbeat.

Keep in mind this was an individual who said forgery, voter and petition fraud was: "No big deal!"

• Upvote 1

Because you hosed NDSU on the FB schedule. Not too hard to figure out. Plus your AD keeps trying to negotiate this in the media which doesnt play well.

Play well with whom? Gene is more than happy to negotiate in the media when he believes it suits his purpose, so I can't imagine you think he cares about that.

Your excuses for GT are terrible. FU's president and AD cry to the media about everything from funding to people being too hard on football players who broke the law. Somehow that is acceptable?

Per Tom Miller tweet:

RT @DomIzzoWDAY Spoke with #NDSU AD Gene Taylor this morning; says talks not dead with #UND on playing football will continue negotiation

Is that to please Bison fans hoping to renew the rivalry (there are some of those), or to please lawmakers who are thinking of "making" both schools play each other.

So Faison will travel to Idaho and lose money but won't take 200 grand to go to Fargo? Maybe he has some credibility problems.

Idaho vs NDSU? In the state of North Dakota, as far as the fans are concerned, that isn't even a comparison. Stop siding with the ridiculous argument made by Fargo in that the Ag school is so much more relevant than UND so UND should have to follow their terms. That's bullsh*t.

If Gene Taylor can schedule home and homes with Montana and Weber State, there is absolutely no reason a home and home can't get scheduled with UND. Taylor is doing a disservice to the State of North Dakota and the rivalry's tradition. UND doesn't need NDSU either, so don't get that idea. Bubba is on the brink of adding tremendous passion to our program, and as a result, were gonna only improve significantly each and every season. Watch as we continue to recruit and combat NDSU's recruiting interests. Regardless if the game is played, UND will improve, NDSU will decline, and the playing field will be even real quick.

• Upvote 1

Answer the question: why didn't this relationship get destroyed with the other sports?

Because gene is afraid that overall und ticket sales already exceed ndsu ticket sales (all sports). Agreeing to a home and home would be the nail in ndsu's coffin when it comes to head to head comparable ticket sales.

Someone's got a case of little man syndrome and it must be contagious in Fargo seeing all the bizun excuses made here.

They can say whatever they want, doesn't mean anything. If it was about "the game", it would be an equal contract. Business relationships already exist, the teams play in all other sports. Why would Faison change how he operates to appease someone who won't honor an offer that they make.

As for cancelling the rivalry, are you saying that without a doubt, the two teams would still be playing yearly had UND filled an OOC with NDSU over a decade ago?

Faison has been consistent in how he schedules. He has not scheduled any road "money" games unless they are FBS and have all paid well more than what GT is offering. The only road FCS games that have been scheduled have been either the front or back end of a home/home contract. UND has had no problem keeping their schedule full with this strategy, even though they have had games bought out by opponents.

No one has yet to provide an example of this. Continuing to repeat it over and over does not make it true. Please show an instance where this was done.

Without a doubt? No cant say that. But considering how long ago it was and all of the open dates that were available during that time the game could have been scheduled years in advance. You wouldnt have the added animosity etc. Plus if BF would have taken the deal GT offered but not guaranteeing a game every year the rivalry would have already been renewed. Me thinks you need to look in your own back yard to understand why this game isnt being played. If it makes you feel better to point at GT be my guest. It wont get you any closer to playing the game. Give BF a call and tell him to take the deal now offered. It gets your foot in the door and will renew interest in the game.

If GT doesnt schedule the game after that then you can start pointing the finger.

Without a doubt? No cant say that. But considering how long ago it was and all of the open dates that were available during that time the game could have been scheduled years in advance. You wouldnt have the added animosity etc. Plus if BF would have taken the deal GT offered but not guaranteeing a game every year the rivalry would have already been renewed. Me thinks you need to look in your own back yard to understand why this game isnt being played. If it makes you feel better to point at GT be my guest. It wont get you any closer to playing the game. Give BF a call and tell him to take the deal now offered. It gets your foot in the door and will renew interest in the game.

Would NDSU play UND from 2004-2008 when UND was a DII team and then a non-counter? Which meant in 2005, and 07 NDSU would play at a DII team. Makes you wonder when GT would've pulled the plug on the series.

Would NDSU play UND from 2004-2008 when UND was a DII team and then a non-counter? Which meant in 2005, and 07 NDSU would play at a DII team. Makes you wonder when GT would've pulled the plug on the series.

I believe we werent playoff eligible at the time. So why would he have pulled the plug? But the question is pretty irrelevant because you had already pulled the plug.

Sac and Davis never stopped... Face it... UND had their chance to put it on NDSU... Could have even said "Well they are D1" if they lost... But they didn't. Tough to blame Gene for that eh?

My mistake, you played them the next year, so between 2005 and 2013 you couldn't schedule your "great relationship" buddy?

I am not sure why it is so hard to understand that NDSU's scheduling philosophy means that we play very few home and homes. The entire model is built around paying teams to come to Fargo for one game. Occasionally a home and home is sprinkled in when it involves a team of interest(Montana) or the opportunity presents itself to play a home and home in a 12 game season and still have six home games(Weber State).