SiouxSports.com Forum

Future UND/ Bison football Game

Dagger

Looks like Taylor wants an excuse not to have a game between the two.

Short term, the advantage goes to the College of Home Economics at the University of Agriculture and Applied Science.

Long term, It just makes FU look bad. Like they needed any help...

So SDSU, USD, Montana, Missouri State all can have home and home games with UND but not NDSU. I love how he changed the home and home to all games in Fargo, I think he spent too much time on Bisonville. After this I don't care of they play again. Faison tried, Taylor remained a douche.

• Upvote 1

You mean like that time that one school sat on multiple contracts for several sports which they publicly and privately promised to sign only to publicly and with great fanfare cancel the whole thing at the last second, leaving the other school to find out from the media? You know, publicly lying to and misleading the other for the sole purpose of causing damage to their department? Yeah GT is totally in the wrong here and his position is without merit.

I'm glad you understand.

Looks like Taylor wants an excuse not to have a game between the two.

Short term, the advantage goes to the College of Home Economics at the University of Agriculture and Applied Science.

Long term, It just makes FU look bad. Like they needed any help...

So much for their motto anyone, anywhere, now it's anyone but UND and anywhere as long as it's in Fargo.

Glen Taylor and NDSU remain adamant in demonstrating why they are simply a school of agriculture and applied sciences and not a real flagship university, like THE University of North Dakota.

UND has never NOT wanted to play, but NDSU uses the perceived notion that they are so holy and untouchable, that they don't have to play the game. That is just ignorant and incompetent thinking. Two rivals only 75 miles apart should play each and every year - anything less is simply an excuse. As the emails show, Taylor is the one using the excuse. Faison has tried to carry it out, but Taylor continues to turn it down. Its the simple "everything to lose, nothing to gain" mindset at play here. A loss to UND could completely switch the positioning of UND and NDSU in the FCS landscape, and apparently Taylor is scared of that.

Eventually, in two to three years, NDSU will be around 0.500 and UND will be over 0.500, and then, NDSU will want to play. Its the typical arrogant attitude that I would only expect out of NDSU athletics.

At that time, Taylor wrote in an e-mail to Faison: “Let’s focus on 2015 in Fargo on September 19th (that is the only date that works for us in 2015) and return to Grand Forks in 2017 on September 9th or 16th. Let me know which date you prefer in 2017. Once we finalize dates let’s discuss on how we want to put this out.”

Faison responded: “The dates of September 19th in Fargo in 2015 and September 9th in Grand Forks in 2017 will work for us in the renewal of football competition between UND and NDSU. I would suggest that we meet in person to work through the details (tickets, start times, media strategy for the announcement, etc.) and that we do this as expeditiously as possible.”

Taylor suggests.

Faison agrees to Taylor's idea.

Taylor then reneges.

Some would say there was a handshake agreement: Taylor offered, Faison accepted (shook the hand).

Taylor reneging after that is not the way of North Dakotans.

This shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone. I and many others have said on this board a hundred times that the game will not happen as long as Gene Taylor is at the helm. This is just another example of Taylor's shady business practices. I have to chuckle a little bit when I think about GT whining on the radio and TV when Montana St. backed out of their contract. Sure this is a bit different since there was no signed contract but it is now public record that Taylor verbally agreed to the series then, sat on the contract for a year, then after two years demanded to change terms of the verbal agreement. Ah well, not the first time Taylor has been caught in a lie, and surely won't be the last.

I actually prefer they don't play in football, mainly because I feel it makes the rivalry games in the other sports all that more intense. But the funniest thing to me about the article was when GT emailed Faison and said:

"A lot has changed since 2010 with our ticket demands and revenue number we need to generate out of football,” Taylor wrote. “We would still be willing to offer you a guarantee for 2015 and 2017.”

Not long after that, he proceeded to agree to home-and-home agreements with Montana and Weber St. You can't make this stuff up. So to all the Bison fans that say that FU "holds all the cards", or "calls the shots", or "doesn't need the game", you can all just check that at the door. It is pretty obvious that the only reason the game isn't happening is because Taylor holds a grudge toward North Dakota. That is fine, I am not complaining about it, that is their prerogative.

• Upvote 3

This shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone. I and many others have said on this board a hundred times that the game will not happen as long as Gene Taylor is at the helm. This is just another example of Taylor's shady business practices. I have to chuckle a little bit when I think about GT whining on the radio and TV when Montana St. backed out of their contract. Sure this is a bit different since there was no signed contract but it is now public record that Taylor verbally agreed to the series then, sat on the contract for a year, then after two years demanded to change terms of the verbal agreement. Ah well, not the first time Taylor has been caught in a lie, and surely won't be the last.

I actually prefer they don't play in football, mainly because I feel it makes the rivalry games in the other sports all that more intense. But the funniest thing to me about the article was when GT emailed Faison and said:

Not long after that, he proceeded to agree to home-and-home agreements with Montana and Weber St. You can't make this stuff up. So to all the Bison fans that say that FU "holds all the cards", or "calls the shots", or "doesn't need the game", you can all just check that at the door. It is pretty obvious that the only reason the game isn't happening is because Taylor holds a grudge toward North Dakota. That is fine, I am not complaining about it, that is their prerogative.

I was a big proponent on them resuming the series, but after this BS grudge by Taylor I don't care if they don't play. I am sure Dom Izzo and Mike McFeeley will be on this.

this thread is drowning in irony.

All of these could just as easily be coming from the other direction.

Really? I didn't see Faison agree to terms and then decide that he wasn't going to honor his original commitment.

You mean like that time that one school sat on multiple contracts for several sports which they publicly and privately promised to sign only to publicly and with great fanfare cancel the whole thing at the last second, leaving the other school to find out from the media? You know, publicly lying to and misleading the other for the sole purpose of causing damage to their department? Yeah GT is totally in the wrong here and his position is without merit.

You've been reading the revisionist history of events on the FU message board a little too much. And regardless of past events, who is GT punishing? The coaches and the administration that have long left UND? He's really showing those guys a lesson by holding a grudge a decade later.

Apparently his position is with merit in all sports but one, which kind of invalidates your reasoning.

Taylor suggests.

Taylor then reneges.

Some would say there was a handshake agreement.

Taylor reneging after that is not the way of North Dakotans.

And this is why Gene will never get a much better gig than what he has at SU.

That's the first thing I thought of when I read the article.

How they even feign righteous indignation about Montana St with a straight face is pathological.

I was a big proponent on them resuming the series, but after this BS grudge by Taylor I don't care if they don't play. I am sure Dom Izzo and Mike McFeeley will be on this.

That's if Mike can get his head out of GT's butt long enough to find the mic.

Really? I didn't see Faison agree to terms and then decide that he wasn't going to honor his original commitment.

You've been reading the revisionist history of events on the FU message board a little too much. And regardless of past events, who is GT punishing? The coaches and the administration that have long left UND? He's really showing those guys a lesson by holding a grudge a decade later.

Apparently his position is with merit in all sports but one, which kind of invalidates your reasoning.

Last I looked UND hasn't had to scramble for games since Central Arkansas backed out roughly 4 years ago unlike NDSU. UND's schedule almost 100% full from now to 2018, a lot of holes to fill at Moo U in the next 4 seasons.

Everything Gene Taylor says is complete BS. Nothing is more in your face than NDSU signing a home and away with Weber State. Correct me if I am wrong but I think they did. I wonder if the media will ask him about all the inconsistencies. I personally don't care if we ever play them again. Gene Taylor has lost all credibility..

Everything Gene Taylor says is complete BS. Nothing is more in your face than NDSU signing a home and away with Weber State. Correct me if I am wrong but I think they did. I wonder if the media will ask him about all the inconsistencies. I personally don't care if we ever play them again. Gene Taylor has lost all credibility..

http://www.gobison.c...0218141501.aspx

North Dakota State, under new head coach Chris Klieman, will play six road and six home games. NDSU opens Aug. 30 at Iowa State of the Big 12 Conference and goes to Weber State on Sept. 6. The two-game contract calls for Weber State to play in Fargo on Sept. 12, 2015.

My bet is that the Fargo media will sit on this story. They most likely won't even address it.

- KVLY- is the Moo U mouthpiece. All one has to do is to see what story their sportscasts lead with. It was 2 days after NDSU had played in Men's NCAA and they didn't even have another sport playing while our Women were playing Texas A&M- and they led with 5 minutes of post game reacts from 48 hours prior.

-Kolpack has a "special" relationship GT

- I've seen Izzo almost in tears after UND has beaten NDSU in Basketball, that was a couple of years ago at REA---literally looked like he was crying when he was walking away from the broadcast table. Or maybe he had watery eyes from allergies :whistling:

They take their cues from GT, and if there is anything this situation teaches is that you go with what GT says or he won't play with you.

Honestly, it's fine. It's the only thing they have. The only thing. If for some reason we were to beat them in football too...they simply can't afford to take that chance.

• Upvote 1