SiouxSports.com Forum

Future UND/ Bison football Game

Dagger

All the trump cards? UND is a DI counter how was your Ferris State game? If NDSU was a bubble team that partial credit of a game could've costed you a playoff berth. NDSU is not the FBS, so we don't see you as high and mighty as you see yourself. I guess Montana saw us as equals and agreed to a h/h when we were still in the GWFC. I guess Weber is your equal and you wanted a h/h with them. So UND=UM, and NDSU=WSU.

Darell, they went undefeated and won their 3rd straight title. I'm not sure they were real concerned about being on the playoff bubble.

Darell, they went undefeated and won their 3rd straight title. I'm not sure they were real concerned about being on the playoff bubble.

I put if they were a bubble team like UNI or Southern Utah.

NDSU has all the trump cards right now.and the vast majority of the Bison fan base is totally ambivalent about a game. If the Bison fans cared, it would happen. NDSU needs home games and UND absolutely does not need to be playing the Bison in Fargo repeatedly. So, there is not going to be a game for a long while. Enough on this tired topic.

I could care less if we ever play them again. We have outstanding competition on our schedule now and I am fine with that.

Your quote on BV... So Incarnate Word and Weber State is outstanding competition? Oh wait this from the fanbase who pumped up DII Ferris State in comparision to Alabama. :silly:

I put if they were a bubble team like UNI or Southern Utah.

I'm on your side in the overall argument, but if we are proposing alternate realities and answering them with our own hypothetical, then I would suggest if the ac was not the 2 time defending champ with a winning fbs record to boot, they would probably have had less scheduling difficulty and Ferris would have not been necessary.

I'm on your side in the overall argument, but if we are proposing alternate realities and answering them with our own hypothetical, then I would suggest if the ac was not the 2 time defending champ with a winning fbs record to boot, they would probably have had less scheduling difficulty and Ferris would have not been necessary.

But if GT would rather schedule DII teams over UND (by not filling the hole with a H/H) and if NDSU finishes 6-6 (with a DII win) or 6-5 (with a DII win) they could be left out of the playoffs because of the partial credit given for a DII win.

6-0

Overall winning record head-to-head in Football

Possess the Nickel Trophy

Real DI where are coach doesn't jump up to the low-end of the higher division to quadruple his salary.

We good

But if GT would rather schedule DII teams over UND (by not filling the hole with a H/H) and if NDSU finishes 6-6 (with a DII win) or 6-5 (with a DII win) they could be left out of the playoffs because of the partial credit given for a DII win.

Awww shucks then. Really hurts that a .500 ball club gets left at home.

Exactly. Finally NDSU fans admit he is the one holding it up due to his ego.

I never said he was holding it up due to ego. Fact--he has offered to play the game. Take the deal and get your foot in the door. Its your ego that wont allow you to do it.

South Dakota wasn't a big help during your transition as they cancelled all games with you, but when they moved to DI, GT got a 2 for 1 deal with them. UND didn't help SDSU with their transition by cancelling all games with them, but they got a home and home game, so I don't know how that holds any water.

Its because you destroyed a business relationship. Take the deal to get your foot in the door. You have bridges you need to build.

I never said he was holding it up due to ego. Fact--he has offered to play the game. Take the deal and get your foot in the door. Its your ego that wont allow you to do it.

Fact - GT offered a home and home. Fact - Faison accepted the deal. Fact - GT wouldn't sign the contract.

What part of GT's ego prevented that contract from being signed? Why should Faison negotiate and accept unfavorable terms with someone who won't accept a deal that they propose and then continues to move the goal posts?

Gene offered it three times and changed his mind after two of two of them, basically altering his own offer. Faison accepted the 2013 offer to the point where they were deciding on a presser or not.

Its because you destroyed a business relationship. Take the deal to get your foot in the door. You have bridges you need to build.

Spin it this way...SDSU and NDSU destroyed a business relationship with the other teams in the NCC, including USD (which NDSU restored), by moving out of the conference and out of the division. Take the home and home like your buddies in Brookings did and get past this black hole in the series.

Why didn't this "business relationship" get destroyed with basketball, volleyball, baseball, or soccer?

You guys gotta get sick of making up excuses for Gene. Just admit, its his ego. Then we can all move on and hope he somehow deflates its enough to sign a contract.

So basically NDSU has said they will not play a game in Grand Forks. The only offer NDSU will accept is a game only in Fargo. Gene Taylor is proposing something that will never happen and he knows that. In other words there is no negotiation. The result is Gene Taylor will just have to live with all the bad press he will receive. The resistance he is displaying to resume the rivalry will have consequences in the lasting image people will have of him long after he is gone. The rivalry that has taken place between the two schools for decades has a special spot in the hearts of a lot of North Dakotans. That endured rivalry doesn't deserve to be held just in Fargo. UND has won more games between the schools when they have played so maybe the game should be played only in Grand Forks. Of course that would not be right. The game belongs to both schools and all the people of North Dakota.

No NDSU has not said that. They have said the first two games will be held in Fargo. Its a shame that you had to cancel the rivalry. I would love to see the game played. Because it should be about "the game". IMO But its now its a big business. Business relationships must be developed AGAIN to make this happen. The terms have been given to restart the game. If Brian REALLY wants this game he will accept the terms and take the money.

Dont let your egos get in the way. If you really want the game that is.

Why didn't this "business relationship" get destroyed with basketball, volleyball, baseball, or soccer?

You guys gotta get sick of making up excuses for Gene. Just admit, its his ego. Then we can all move on and hope he somehow deflates its enough to sign a contract.

Not making excuses at all. But if it makes you feel better you go with that.

No NDSU has not said that. They have said the first two games will be held in Fargo. Its a shame that you had to cancel the rivalry. I would love to see the game played. Because it should be about "the game". IMO But its now its a big business. Business relationships must be developed AGAIN to make this happen. The terms have been given to restart the game. If Brian REALLY wants this game he will accept the terms and take the money.

Dont let your egos get in the way. If you really want the game that is.

No no no. Gene specifically stated after the 2 for 1 offer that he will no longer honor it and can only be a 2 for 0, now. Then, he countered his own 2 for 0 with a 1 for 0.

The guy was negotiating with himself.

Spin it this way...SDSU and NDSU destroyed a business relationship with the other teams in the NCC, including USD (which NDSU restored), by moving out of the conference and out of the division. Take the home and home like your buddies in Brookings did and get past this black hole in the series.

YOU need to take the deal to get past the black hole that you created. Dont let your egos get in the way.

No no no. Gene specifically stated after the 2 for 1 offer that he will no longer honor it and can only be a 2 for 0, now. Then, he countered his own 2 for 0 with a 1 for 0.

The guy was negotiating with himself.

Provide the link to that quote.

Answer the question: why didn't this relationship get destroyed with the other sports?

Because you hosed NDSU on the FB schedule. Not too hard to figure out. Plus your AD keeps trying to negotiate this in the media which doesnt play well.

But all this stuff is nothing but noise. If you want the game take the deal.

The Cy-Hawk series went dark for 43 years, I think that's where we are headed here. That used to sadden me a bit, now I'm just indifferent.

I was at Iowa when they didnt play as well. But they did play ISU is other sports.