SiouxSports.com Forum

Future UND/ Bison football Game

Dagger

I'm referring to him talking about sending contracts in the past.

Are you talking about the Forum story about restarting the game... and Miller went to Brian for comments. Hardly running to the media

Take the deal and find out.

So give Taylor everything he wants and then maybe he'll be gracious enough to give up something that he has already proposed. I'm sure Faison is jumping at the opportunity to trust GT when he's already moved the goalposts on him once changed terms on something that was agreed to.

My comment is in regards to this comment----may be the operative word is REALLY.

If Taylor really wanted the game he would have signed the contract and not change the venue in 2017.

So what you're saying is that Taylor was never negotiating in good faith. Big shocker there.

Weird... Why did they quit playing the game then?

This game belongs to Gene now. Brian's complaining in the media has probably only hurt the chances of it getting played.

Like bison73 said... Take the giant guarantee.... Get your foot in the door and then we can see what happens.

Can you point out all these instances where Faison complained in the media? I mean other than on BV where apparently if you keep repeating something, then it must be true.

What's the big deal. The first 2 games should be in Fargo. UND hosted the last game so the next game to fulfill UND's obligation to to return that game that they backed out of would be the 2015 game. The next game in 2017 would be the start of a new rotation of games, which NDSU should get to host also. Why wouldn't UND take a guarantee of $190,000 for a game in 2015? They have traveled to Idaho, Fresno, etc. on a charter plane and stayed in hotels for the same amount. Seems kind of hypocritical of Mr Faison to me.

Did UND actually back out of a contract in 2003 or just announce that after FU left the NCC they were not going to continue the series? I think what actually happened and the story you tell yourself are a little off.

So give Taylor everything he wants and then maybe he'll be gracious enough to give up something that he has already proposed. I'm sure Faison is jumping at the opportunity to trust GT when he's already moved the goalposts on him once changed terms on something that was agreed to.

So what you're saying is that Taylor was never negotiating in good faith. Big shocker there.

Can you point out all these instances where Faison complained in the media? I mean other than on BV where apparently if you keep repeating something, then it must be true.

I still love how they consider SDSU their "rival". I didn't notice the numerous !@#$ that happens at SDSU thread, or the !@#$ that happens at UNI thread at BV. Must be hidden among the 100's of UND threads.

Did UND actually back out of a contract in 2003 or just announce that after FU left the NCC they were not going to continue the series? I think what actually happened and the story you tell yourself are a little off.

UND broke off all games after 03 with SDSU yet we completed a h/h with them. USD broke off all games with NDSU but managed a 2 for 1 game with no slack from Taylor. Just proves more and more of a douche Taylor is.

This is just a the thing that the UND media relations (GF sports writers) have on the shelf when everything go to sh*t at UND. EERC losing money, Racist T- Shirts, near last place finish in the conference by both men & women. Is there anything actually new in the articles? Nothing. It's been on the shelf. Bank on it.

Given the history regarding UND and NDSU and their football programs, both schools deserve to host each other at their home stadium. Anyone who disagrees does not understand the history and the rivalry.

You need to realize that most bizun fans are age 12-22 and the older ones have an IQ around 80. They have no idea of the history of the rivalry.

This is just a the thing that the UND media relations (GF sports writers) have on the shelf when everything go to sh*t at UND. EERC losing money, Racist T- Shirts, near last place finish in the conference by both men & women. Is there anything actually new in the articles? Nothing. It's been on the shelf. Bank on it.

It shows more and more of a douche that GT is for stringing the rivalry and BF along, but hey anyone with half a brain (so that leaves Bison fans out) could have told you that.

You need to realize that most bizun fans are age 12-22 and the older ones have an IQ around 80. They have know idea of the history of the rivalry.

plus they have selective memory, the rivalry didn't exist prior to 1960, and it stopped at 1992.

I am sorry bison fans, but you lost your "trump" card when GT signed a home and home with Weber State.

Weber State was a big help during the transition. We have a great relationship with them. And by the way Gene Taylor is one of the most respected & successful AD's in FCS.

Weber State was a big help during the transition. We have a great relationship with them. And by the way Gene Taylor is one of the most respected & successful AD's in FCS.

South Dakota wasn't a big help during your transition as they cancelled all games with you, but when they moved to DI, GT got a 2 for 1 deal with them. UND didn't help SDSU with their transition by cancelling all games with them, but they got a home and home game, so I don't know how that holds any water.

Do you just repeat what other Bison fans say and what you read on BV? Come up with some fresh thoughts once in awhile.

"A great relationship"...LOL.

That may be true but this goes against all you previous arguments about how playing us makes no financial sense. So traveling 1500 miles to Utah does? Keep talking in circles buddy.

• Upvote 3

Do you just repeat what other Bison fans say and what you read on BV? Come up with some fresh thoughts once in awhile.

"A great relationship"...LOL.

They played once in 2004 when NDSU was a non-counter. Where was WSU when NDSU was looking for a DI game and ended up with Ferris State? How come they haven't played each other since 04, if the relationship is "great".

That may be true but this goes against all you previous arguments about how playing us makes no financial sense. So traveling 1500 miles to Utah does? Keep talking in circles buddy.

We had six home games already locked up, that gave us the opportunity to find a home and home that started on the road so we could bank a home game for a future season. This isn't that difficult.

We want six home games and an FBS game every year. That is the goal. The home and home with Weber State was a means to get closer to that objective.

They played once in 2004 when NDSU was a non-counter. Where was WSU when NDSU was looking for a DI game and ended up with Ferris State? How come they haven't played each other since 04, if the relationship is "great".

We played twice, had a home and home. Only so many non-conference games we can schedule Darell, opportunities are limited because we want six home games and one FBS

We had six home games already locked up, that gave us the opportunity to find a home and home that started on the road so we could bank a home game for a future season. This isn't that difficult.

We want six home games and an FBS game every year. That is the goal. The home and home with Weber State was a means to get closer to that objective.

That philosophy is already out the window in 2016. Next excuse?

If Faison really wanted to play the game he would take the $190,000, which would be all profit, and play it. They have traveled to Idaho to play a game and have lost money, as he said the contract wasn't even enough to cover expenses for the trip. He didn't demand a return trip from Idaho.

The $190k offer with both games in Fargo was just an attempt to get Faison to grovel at GT's feet. GT either gets that from UND or is able to pretend he tried even though he knew he would be told to F off. What an a$$.

Oh - and please tell me again how they can't get enough games because teams are afraid of him. The parents of current players are still spouting that bs.

• Upvote 1

We played twice, had a home and home. Only so many non-conference games we can schedule Darell, opportunities are limited because we want six home games and one FBS

My mistake, you played them the next year, so between 2005 and 2013 you couldn't schedule your "great relationship" buddy?

The $190k offer with both games in Fargo was just an attempt to get Faison to grovel at GT's feet. GT either gets that from UND or is able to pretend he tried even though he knew he would be told to F off. What an a$$.

Oh - and please tell me again how they can't get enough games because teams are afraid of him. The parents of current players are still spouting that bs.

Anyone (except UND), Anywhere (except Grand Forks). Taylor's scheduling motto.

McFeeley said UND has been irrelevant in football since the 80's. It seems like UND beat NDSU like 10 times in the last number of years we played NDSU. UND was owning NDSU in football leading up to the move to D1. He didn't mention how really irrelevant NDSU was during those years leading up to 4 years ago. It is funny how that memory is inconsistent. UND does need to bow down to NDSU. We are having less trouble filling a schedule than NDSU. If Gene Taylor doesn't want the game to continue that is his call I guess. No matter what anyone says the game is good for everyone and not just in Fargo.

Explain how they were a great help and how the relationship was so great.