SiouxSports.com Forum

Future UND/ Bison football Game

Dagger

KFGO retweeted a blog by someone named Daniel Gunderson. Who is he and is he relevant to anything? He comes off like a whining know-it-all punk.

He is McFeely's producer/assistant, he went to NDSU. By the sound of his voice on the radio, he is somewhere in that 11-13 year old range, very annoying.

I miss when college athletics were more about the competition than money/politics. Back when rivalries meant something. When you anticipated the year you crushed your closest rival and sent them home with their tails between their legs. Back when fanbases' petty arguments were settled on the field when the teams faced off head to head.

Sadly we are to a point where money, power, and satisfying your own agenda are the most important things to most programs including our own. This isn't just an UND/NDSU thing either but just the latest example. We might as well start paying the athletes because money is already the main driving force behind most decisions in collegiate athletics.

Not sure if I'm missing something, but what's with the large time gap between emails? April of '11 they apparently "agreed" on some dates to play. Then in January of '13, a contract is mailed to Taylor for the previously discussed dates? That's almost 2 years. What took place during that 2 years that maybe caused Taylor to change his mind?

As a Bison fan, I'd love to see this game played. But life goes on down here in Fargo, and frankly it's been pretty good lately. So, if it never happens again, then whatever. Y'all need to get better and make the playoffs, then a possible matchup could happen.

KFGO retweeted a blog by someone named Daniel Gunderson. Who is he and is he relevant to anything? He comes off like a whining know-it-all punk.

Another graduate of FU putting their degree to good use - a lap dog pushing buttons for Mike McFeeley. Once in awhile Mike even throws him a bone and lets him talk on the radio.

Not sure if I'm missing something, but what's with the large time gap between emails? April of '11 they apparently "agreed" on some dates to play. Then in January of '13, a contract is mailed to Taylor for the previously discussed dates? That's almost 2 years. What took place during that 2 years that maybe caused Taylor to change his mind?

As a Bison fan, I'd love to see this game played. But life goes on down here in Fargo, and frankly it's been pretty good lately. So, if it never happens again, then whatever. Y'all need to get better and make the playoffs, then a possible matchup could happen.

Doesn't seem like making the playoffs is the current criteria for scheduling out of conference games - watching DII or a parochial school is what you are getting now. By the way there are just as many UND fans who are fine with the game not happening again - we're good with our out of conference schedule against San Jose State, Utah, Stoney Brook (2013 playoff team), Wyoming - how's your out of conference schedule looking?

Doesn't seem like making the playoffs is the current criteria for scheduling out of conference games - watching DII or a parochial school is what you are getting now. By the way there are just as many UND fans who are fine with the game not happening again - we're good with our out of conference schedule against San Jose State, Utah, Stoney Brook (2013 playoff team), Wyoming - how's your out of conference schedule looking?

My point was, make the playoffs and if we're there as well, maybe we'll meet. I wasn't saying at all that because you guys haven't sniffed the post season in a while, that we're not scheduling you. And I'm happy for those of you that are okay with the game not happening again, because what we want and what gets done are two entirely different things. Once both sides of fans realize that, we can all quit bitching about who said and did what. I'm good on our OOC schedule since you asked. My dad and I are planning a week long road trip/vacation to Ames, IA and ending up out west in Ogden, UT the following Saturday. And as far as Incarnate Word, getting a chance to see another home game and tailgating oppurtunity is great. And they're a D1 counter too so that helps.

I would like to see/hear what the people of North Dakota feel about these games happening. I bet if it was 60% or more in favor (which I think it would be), it wouldn't make a damn bit of difference to those working against it happening. There's a whole generation of kids out there who don't know what a great thing this was in the state of North Dakota. Also, I have 2 kids....one NDSU grad and one a UND Masters Degree grad. Neither one can understand why this isn't happening.

I would like to see/hear what the people of North Dakota feel about these games happening. I bet if it was 60% or more in favor (which I think it would be), it wouldn't make a damn bit of difference to those working against it happening. There's a whole generation of kids out there who don't know what a great thing this was in the state of North Dakota. Also, I have 2 kids....one NDSU grad and one a UND Masters Degree grad. Neither one can understand why this isn't happening.

Until GT leaves...the series won't continue.

NDSU will never play UND as long as Taylor is there. Let NDSU play Incarnate Word, and Ferris State. UND needs 3 games to fill in the next 4 years.

Take the deal and it will happen. Faison screwed the pooch along time ago when he DEMANDED a game every year. He could of had the home and home back then. Since then NDSUs scheduling strategy has changed. If he REALLY wants the game take the terms of this deal to get your foot in the door. If hes not willing to do so then quit bitching. UND isnt bargaining from a position of strength.

Take the deal and it will happen. Faison screwed the pooch along time ago when he DEMANDED a game every year. He could of had the home and home back then. Since then NDSUs scheduling strategy has changed. If he REALLY wants the game take the terms of this deal to get your foot in the door. If hes not willing to do so then quit bitching. UND isnt bargaining from a position of strength.

NDSU's scheduling has changed?? home and home with Weber State vs home and home with UND. What am I missing? How come 3 MVFC teams plus Montana can schedule a H/H with UND but NDSU won't.

NDSU's scheduling has changed?? home and home with Weber State vs home and home with UND. What am I missing? How come 3 MVFC teams plus Montana can schedule a H/H with UND but NDSU won't.

What's the big deal. The first 2 games should be in Fargo. UND hosted the last game so the next game to fulfill UND's obligation to to return that game that they backed out of would be the 2015 game. The next game in 2017 would be the start of a new rotation of games, which NDSU should get to host also. Why wouldn't UND take a guarantee of $190,000 for a game in 2015? They have traveled to Idaho, Fresno, etc. on a charter plane and stayed in hotels for the same amount. Seems kind of hypocritical of Mr Faison to me.

What's the big deal. The first 2 games should be in Fargo. UND hosted the last game so the next game to fulfill UND's obligation to to return that game that they backed out of would be the 2015 game. The next game in 2017 would be the start of a new rotation of games, which NDSU should get to host also. Why wouldn't UND take a guarantee of $190,000 for a game in 2015? They have traveled to Idaho, Fresno, etc. on a charter plane and stayed in hotels for the same amount. Seems kind of hypocritical of Mr Faison to me.

What's hypocritical is Taylor wanted every other year after Faison wanted every year so now Faison is giving him not only that but the dates of what Taylor wanted, in Fargo in 15 and in GF in 17 but now it's Taylor changing the terms to both in Fargo, what happened to anyone, anywhere. So NDSU isn't scared to go Ogden and Missoula but scared to go to Grand Forks. Thanks Gene I didn't know our building is frightful to the 3 peat champs.

UND took Gene's terms on the home and home. and then Gene changed his mind. Who is to say if UND took the 2 games in the Fargodome that Gene wouldn't then demand a third game in the dome before signing the contract? It's a moving target with Gene, why should anyone believe that's changed suddenly?

• Upvote 2

The scheduling of Weber State with a home and away game will haunt GT and his credibility for a long time. GT has talked himself in circles one too many times.

What's hypocritical is Taylor wanted every other year after Faison wanted every year so now Faison is giving him not only that but the dates of what Taylor wanted, in Fargo in 15 and in GF in 17 but now it's Taylor changing the terms to both in Fargo, what happened to anyone, anywhere. So NDSU isn't scared to go Ogden and Missoula but scared to go to Grand Forks. Thanks Gene I didn't know our building is frightful to the 3 peat champs.

If Faison really wanted to play the game he would take the $190,000, which would be all profit, and play it. They have traveled to Idaho to play a game and have lost money, as he said the contract wasn't even enough to cover expenses for the trip. He didn't demand a return trip from Idaho.

The scheduling of Weber State with a home and away game will haunt GT and his credibility for a long time. GT has talked himself in circles one too many times.

So Faison will travel to Idaho and lose money but won't take 200 grand to go to Fargo? Maybe he has some credibility problems.

If Faison really wanted to play the game he would take the $190,000, which would be all profit, and play it. They have traveled to Idaho to play a game and have lost money, as he said the contract wasn't even enough to cover expenses for the trip. He didn't demand a return trip from Idaho.

If GT really wanted to play the game, he would have signed the contract with the terms that he proposed, not changed them after a contract was already sitting on his desk.

If Taylor really wanted the game he would have signed the contract and not change the venue in 2017.

So Faison will travel to Idaho and lose money but won't take 200 grand to go to Fargo? Maybe he has some credibility problems.

Faison didn't negotiate the below market deals with Idaho, Bunning did. The only away, non-return games Faison has signed for UND have been with FBS schools and they have paid well over $190K.