SiouxSports.com Forum

Future UND/ Bison football Game

Dagger

Let's put it this way - we'll have no trouble beating you in attendance every year.

Dan, you and your buddies heading down to Minneapolis today for the big game? You had 20K for the football game down there a few years back, should be able to have at least a 1,000 for the Kittenball game today.

So North Dakota doesn't fall into the "team of interest" category? Based on what I've heard from the radio talking heads in Fargo this week and the posts on Bisonville and Izzo's blog, I think otherwise.

No strings attached with playing Montana, no pressure to schedule them ever again if we don't want to. That isn't the case with UND and it will never be the case.

This series won't resume until the ND legislature mandates it. That will likely be in the next session or the one after that. The terms will be every year and we'll all have to watch Gene Taylor cry publicly like a child once again.

With what is going on in the Bakken right now-rents are doubling, crime, totally inadequate infrastructure and manpower to deal with growth-do you really think the ND legislature will have the stones to put a football game up for a vote?

With what is going on in the Bakken right now-rents are doubling, crime, totally inadequate infrastructure and manpower to deal with growth-do you really think the ND legislature will have the stones to put a football game up for a vote?

It only takes one legislator. Every bill has it's day on the floor in ND.

Why not have the first game in Fargo and then play every year at the home of the team that won the year before?

Because schedules need to be set with 5-6 home games vs. road games and buildings need to be scheduled out. Getting 6 home games SET is the goal of most FCS AD's.

It only takes one legislator. Every bill has it's day on the floor in ND.

Which makes me believe even more that the legislators are not interested.

edit: wouldn't it have to be approved in committee before making it to a floor vote?

Which makes me believe even more that the legislators are not interested.

edit: wouldn't it have to be approved in committee before making it to a floor vote?

In North Dakota, all bills are guaranteed a vote on the floor -- no killing bills in committee.

Gene Taylor clearly has an inflated ego, and is letting emotion guide his business decisions. As difficult as it is to schedule home and homes, there's no reason not to play a team an hour away.

Gene Taylor is a POS. He is the most arrogant person this side of Rocky. Can't wait to the rubes jump ship in Fargo this fall.

Dan, you and your buddies heading down to Minneapolis today for the big game? You had 20K for the football game down there a few years back, should be able to have at least a 1,000 for the Kittenball game today.

Where's your SB team playing? Your track teams score any points yet?

Where's your SB team playing? Your track teams score any points yet?

They aren't playing, season is over. Get down there cheer them on, you guys have a well-rounded athletic department. They should receive the same support as any other sport.

They aren't playing, season is over. Get down there cheer them on, you guys have a well-rounded athletic department. They should receive the same support as any other sport.

You are pretty simple - that was my point. By the way your track teams are scoreless after the first day. Last place in the conference standings again.

So you have a team in the NCAAs and you are spending your time on a UND Fan site - you are the definition of pathetic and insecure.

It has become such a common occurrence.... Meh why bother explaining... You wouldn't understand

So you have a team in the NCAAs and you are spending your time on a UND Fan site - you are the definition of pathetic and insecure.

Just have to keep all the arrogance here in check. Face it your sports teams are going to be in the bottom of the BSC again. And everyone loves BF. Just like everyone loved Muss a few years ago.

Am I missing something here. Didn't UND clean NDSU's clock in every sport we played this year. Bison fans are on this website talking about how weak our sports programs are. Something just doesn't fit here. You would think being all over this website is the last place they would want to be. Too funny.

• Upvote 1

Says the bison troll so obsessed with und that he needs to come to his supposed non rival's board to defend the bison honor.

My goodness you get upset easy. I will have to admit this is the first time Ive ever been accused of trolling this site. I find that funny as I thought some of us were having a conversation and exchanging view points? As far as your "supposed non rival" comment where did you pull that one out of? NDSU and UND have and will always be rivals. Obsessed with UND? Really? Check my posting history. It says differently.

Now if you would like to add to the discussion with some pertinent facts please do so. Even a well thought out opinion would be welcome.

Am I missing something here. Didn't UND clean NDSU's clock in every sport we played this year. Bison fans are on this website talking about how weak our sports programs are. Something just doesn't fit here. You would think being all over this website is the last place they would want to be. Too funny.

Yes you folk did real well this year in the head to head meetings. Congrats. All that talk is rivalry talk dont you think? But other than that NDSU has dome pretty good on the national stage this year. 3 time defending National Champion in football. Made the big dance in MBB and made it past round 1 with a victory over Oklahoma. Wrestling and track have also been on the national stage. I could go on but you get the idea. So with those thoughts in mind can you tell me what what UND did this past year. Not a troll question as I truely dont know.

Yes you folk did real well this year in the head to head meetings. Congrats. All that talk is rivalry talk dont you think? But other than that NDSU has dome pretty good on the national stage this year. 3 time defending National Champion in football. Made the big dance in MBB and made it past round 1 with a victory over Oklahoma. Wrestling and track have also been on the national stage. I could go on but you get the idea. So with those thoughts in mind can you tell me what what UND did this past year. Not a troll question as I truely dont know.

You FU trolls are living Groundhog Day - you share your "pertinent facts" just about daily. You don't bring "well thought out opinions" you bring bison-swill - we get it - you are a bison fan on a UND site and the fact you come here regularly does speak of obsession - do you spend the same amount of time on your primary rival SDSU's site? And the comments made that "FU isn't UND's rival anymore" are taken directly from FU fans who use that song and dance to downplay every UND victory over FU.

Have you seen some of the ridiculous crap they have put up for vote in the last few sessions? A great example is them interjecting themselves into the nickname issue. In time, this could be right up there alley......

WBB made it to the big dance. the volleyball team won the big sky conference. the mens hockey team made it to the Frozen Four. the womens hockey team ended the longest streak in womens hockey.

WBB made it to the big dance. the volleyball team won the big sky conference. the mens hockey team made it to the Frozen Four. the womens hockey team ended the longest streak in womens hockey.

The items mentioned above, along with sending a number of current athletes to the winter Olympics. Along with another hand full of former athletes.