SiouxSports.com Forum

Future UND/ Bison football Game

Dagger

The $190k offer with both games in Fargo was just an attempt to get Faison to grovel at GT's feet. GT either gets that from UND or is able to pretend he tried even though he knew he would be told to F off. What an a$$.

Oh - and please tell me again how they can't get enough games because teams are afraid of him. The parents of current players are still spouting that bs.

Actually, the $190k was for a single guarantee game, not 2 games.

I found something odd. GT and the Bison fans need 6 home games, plus that precious FBS game for $$$$. 2015 there is NO FBS game. 2009 they had 5 home games.

2015 OOC:

@ Montana

vs Weber St

Open

2009:

@ Iowa State

@ SHSU (part of H/H)

vs Wagner

So if NDSU is so strapped for cash why no FBS in 2015, and why sign a home and home in an 11 game season like they did with SHSU? I know because games were hard to get in the GWFC. THAT IS THE REASON FAISON WANTED TO PLAY THE BISON EVERY YEAR!!!!

FBS teams aren't real excited about scheduling NDSU and getting beat, that is why they don't have an FBS game for 2015 yet. But they will get one scheduled if the UND thing doesn't work out.

I found something odd. GT and the Bison fans need 6 home games, plus that precious FBS game for $$$$. 2015 there is NO FBS game. 2009 they had 5 home games.

2015 OOC:

@ Montana

vs Weber St

Open

2009:

@ Iowa State

@ SHSU (part of H/H)

vs Wagner

So if NDSU is so strapped for cash why no FBS in 2015, and why sign a home and home in an 11 game season like they did with SHSU? I know because games were hard to get in the GWFC. THAT IS THE REASON FAISON WANTED TO PLAY THE BISON EVERY YEAR!!!!

SHSU travelled to Fargo first during NDSUs transition. You may remember Steve Walker connecting with Kole Heckendorf for the game winning TD pass late in the 4th against Rhett Bomar. That contract was made when NDSU was still in the Great West and needed OOC games. When the SHSU contract was signed UND was still in the scheduling refusal mode with NDSU. The season ticket holders were upset about only having 5 home games in 2009 but Gene wouldn't buy out of the contract because SHSU helped them out.

A 2015 FBS game hasn't been scheduled yet but I'd be willing to bet one gets scheduled soon enough.

I get that this is a UND site and everything GT does is evil but may I ask why aren't you guys upset with BF for rejecting GTs first offer? Those games wouldve already been played and the days of this same old pissing match would've been long over.

i knew that and meant $190k per game. Doesn't change my point.

Why not take it? UND doesn't generate $190k in gate revenue for a home game and probably doesn't make 50k after having to pay an OOC opponent to come to the Alerus. Plus, it is pretty much an easy road win for UND if you listen to people on this site. It sounds like a no lose situation for UND.

Why not take it? UND doesn't generate $190k in gate revenue for a home game and probably doesn't make 50k after having to pay an OOC opponent to come to the Alerus. Plus, it is pretty much an easy road win for UND if you listen to people on this site. It sounds like a no lose situation for UND.

i will turn that around on you. if you say money is the main factor in the decision - why won't GT take the home and home with UND? Much better financially for him than a home and home with Weber St. And a guaranteed win if you listen to SU fans.

i will turn that around on you. if you say money is the main factor in the decision - why won't GT take the home and home with UND? Much better financially for him than a home and home with Weber St. And a guaranteed win if you listen to SU fans.

As has been said many times. When it comes to UND, it is not a home-home. It would be a home-home-home-home-home-home-home......for a long time. UND dug their grave as far as the game goes...

SHSU travelled to Fargo first during NDSUs transition. You may remember Steve Walker connecting with Kole Heckendorf for the game winning TD pass late in the 4th against Rhett Bomar. That contract was made when NDSU was still in the Great West and needed OOC games. When the SHSU contract was signed UND was still in the scheduling refusal mode with NDSU. The season ticket holders were upset about only having 5 home games in 2009 but Gene wouldn't buy out of the contract because SHSU helped them out.

A 2015 FBS game hasn't been scheduled yet but I'd be willing to bet one gets scheduled soon enough.

I get that this is a UND site and everything GT does is evil but may I ask why aren't you guys upset with BF for rejecting GTs first offer? Those games wouldve already been played and the days of this same old pissing match would've been long over.

I understood BF's first offer because UND needed to fill 7 OOC games in the GWFC, playing NDSU every year helps that, every other year helped a little. When UND joined the BSC and we only needed to fill 3 OOC games I see where GT came from however playing every year and an FBS game means 1 game per season to fill with over 100 DI teams to choose from. UND has had 2 teams back out but it was early in the GWFC days and no scheduling problems recently as we need only 3 games to fill in the next 4 years. NDSU has had a few teams backout, MSU being very recent, and has scheduling problems almost every year (Ferris St being recent). Home and Home series solves that, and if there is a big buyout clause in case someone backs out at least you get a big chunk of change in your pocket. 6 home games are nice but when you lower yourself to DII teams as your 6th home game...that's pathetic, especially when that could've been filled with a team an hour away. BF is thinking big picture (H/H) that fills 2015 and 2017 for UND's schedule that would mean UND has no empty spots until 2018 (one open spot), GT's offer of 2015 at Fargo works, 2017 at Fargo doesn't work as UND would have 4 home games that year instead of 5, and that one game in 2015 at Fargo is fine, but that fills 2015 and does nothing to fill 2017. The more seasons you fill the better or else you could get stuck calling schools in the DII, DIII, or NAIA directory.

I am not sure why it is so hard to understand that NDSU's scheduling philosophy means that we play very few home and homes. The entire model is built around paying teams to come to Fargo for one game. Occasionally a home and home is sprinkled in when it involves a team of interest(Montana) or the opportunity presents itself to play a home and home in a 12 game season and still have six home games(Weber State).

Not sure what's so hard to understand about UND"s scheduling philosophy under Faison. 1 time money games with FBS schools that pay a significant amount and home/home series with FCS schools unless they're willing to take a modest one-time payday for a road game.

As has been said many times. When it comes to UND, it is not a home-home. It would be a home-home-home-home-home-home-home......for a long time. UND dug their grave as far as the game goes...

Why doesn't GT sign a home/home contract to get the series restarted and see what happens? Faison is the one dealing with someone who makes a proposal and then wouldn't sign a contract after its agreed to.

I understood BF's first offer because UND needed to fill 7 OOC games in the GWFC, playing NDSU every year helps that, every other year helped a little. When UND joined the BSC and we only needed to fill 3 OOC games I see where GT came from however playing every year and an FBS game means 1 game per season to fill with over 100 DI teams to choose from. UND has had 2 teams back out but it was early in the GWFC days and no scheduling problems recently as we need only 3 games to fill in the next 4 years. NDSU has had a few teams backout, MSU being very recent, and has scheduling problems almost every year (Ferris St being recent). Home and Home series solves that, and if there is a big buyout clause in case someone backs out at least you get a big chunk of change in your pocket. 6 home games are nice but when you lower yourself to DII teams as your 6th home game...that's pathetic, especially when that could've been filled with a team an hour away. BF is thinking big picture (H/H) that fills 2015 and 2017 for UND's schedule that would mean UND has no empty spots until 2018 (one open spot), GT's offer of 2015 at Fargo works, 2017 at Fargo doesn't work as UND would have 4 home games that year instead of 5, and that one game in 2015 at Fargo is fine, but that fills 2015 and does nothing to fill 2017. The more seasons you fill the better or else you could get stuck calling schools in the DII, DIII, or NAIA directory.

The tickets sell at NDSU. Ferris State may be pathetic but it still sells out every time. If MSU doesn't pull a !@#!$ so late in the year a lower level school doesn't happen. The fact is NDSU is filling the schedule with 6 home games and selling out the dome within hours of going on sale to the public. UND wants NDSU to give them special scheduling treatment just because they're UND. Well unfortunately right now UND isn't a conference mate and they are currently just another OOC scheduling option. If you don't like the offer for a OOC game then don't sign but if you choose not to sign suck it up and quit the whining.

NDSU wants their 6 home games. The FB home games are their bread and butter just like hockey home series for UND. If UND hockey only had 6 home games a year I highly doubt they'd be willing to entertain very many offers that would cause a 5 game home schedule.

Take the one game payout. Everyone knows it wouldn't end there. One game will lead to many more. I wish Faison would've thought about that with Taylor's first offer how many years ago. We'd probably talking about who beat who already instead of who's dodging who over and over again.

I am not sure why it is so hard to understand that NDSU's scheduling philosophy means that we play very few home and homes. The entire model is built around paying teams to come to Fargo for one game. Occasionally a home and home is sprinkled in when it involves a team of interest(Montana) or the opportunity presents itself to play a home and home in a 12 game season and still have six home games(Weber State).

So North Dakota doesn't fall into the "team of interest" category? Based on what I've heard from the radio talking heads in Fargo this week and the posts on Bisonville and Izzo's blog, I think otherwise.

This series won't resume until the ND legislature mandates it. That will likely be in the next session or the one after that. The terms will be every year and we'll all have to watch Gene Taylor cry publicly like a child once again.

Its not upset that the game isn't happening, its watching how Taylor does business. He first said his hands were tied by the nickname, that was proven to be lie a couple different ways. Than it was dates, well over the years there have been many that have opened up. Than its how FU won't schedule home and homes, not true. Now it comes out that he agreed to terms and than went back on his word. Throwing out two games in Fargo is not realistic and only done by GT to make it look like he is making an attempt at moving talks forward.

UND football has more things to worry about than its scheduling, its in good shape there. The best part of all this has been the number of different excuses and attempts at changing the subject that have been brought up by FU fans in the last 10 pages. Its obvious that GT is bitter about the events 12 years ago and won't schedule the game. There is no more to it than that.

• Upvote 4

Its not upset that the game isn't happening, its watching how Taylor does business. He first said his hands were tied by the nickname, that was proven to be lie a couple different ways. Than it was dates, well over the years there have been many that have opened up. Than its how FU won't schedule home and homes, not true. Now it comes out that he agreed to terms and than went back on his word. Throwing out two games in Fargo is not realistic and only done by GT to make it look like he is making an attempt at moving talks forward.

UND football has more things to worry about than its scheduling, its in good shape there. The best part of all this has been the number of different excuses and attempts at changing the subject that have been brought up by FU fans in the last 10 pages. Its obvious that GT is bitter about the events 12 years ago and won't schedule the game. There is no more to it than that.

Agreed

This series won't resume until the ND legislature mandates it. That will likely be in the next session or the one after that. The terms will be every year and we'll all have to watch Gene Taylor cry publicly like a child once again.

Meh. Probably won't happen.

Bright side of waiting for the game to be played is that as of now, they won't play till und is good enough to make the playoffs, and that means und would have a great shot at winning the first game. My god would that be hilarious...

• Upvote 2

The tickets sell at NDSU. Ferris State may be pathetic but it still sells out every time. If MSU doesn't pull a !@#!$ so late in the year a lower level school doesn't happen. The fact is NDSU is filling the schedule with 6 home games and selling out the dome within hours of going on sale to the public. UND wants NDSU to give them special scheduling treatment just because they're UND. Well unfortunately right now UND isn't a conference mate and they are currently just another OOC scheduling option. If you don't like the offer for a OOC game then don't sign but if you choose not to sign suck it up and quit the whining.

NDSU wants their 6 home games. The FB home games are their bread and butter just like hockey home series for UND. If UND hockey only had 6 home games a year I highly doubt they'd be willing to entertain very many offers that would cause a 5 game home schedule.

Take the one game payout. Everyone knows it wouldn't end there. One game will lead to many more. I wish Faison would've thought about that with Taylor's first offer how many years ago. We'd probably talking about who beat who already instead of who's dodging who over and over again.

You are selling out the dome in hours because you are the 3 time NC...just 4 years ago you weren't selling out in hours. When NDSU comes down to earth your fanbase will thin out, and we will see how many people will show up to a game against Ferris.

You are selling out the dome in hours because you are the 3 time NC...just 4 years ago you weren't selling out in hours. When NDSU comes down to earth your fanbase will thin out, and we will see how many people will show up to a game against Ferris.

Let's put it this way - we'll have no trouble beating you in attendance every year.

Let's put it this way - we'll have no trouble beating you in attendance every year.

No !@#$, your stadium is bigger. That's like saying und hockey will have no problem beating ndsu football in total attendance.