SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux Gophers the 2014 Championship Edition

Vegas_Sioux

There needs to be a sign on them. "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience."

No matter how good you are at tennis, you can never be better than a wall. I played a wall once, they're fu**in relentless.

I think Pringles' initial intention was to make tennis balls, but on the day that the rubber truck was supposed to show up, a big truckload of potatoes arrived. And Pringles, being a laid-back company, said, "F it. Cut 'em up."

• Upvote 1

So after all of those years of making such a big deal about recruiting only in state (and being "Minnesota's Pride On Ice"), now the Gophers are "America's Team"? I don't think it works that way. You're not the Cowboys.

Come to think of it, can North Dakota be #NorthAmerica'sTeam since Thomas Vanek played at Minnesota?

Dave

It's getting to be a long time since the 1980's for my memory, so someone can either confirm this or deny it ever happened. But I could swear one time when the gophers came up to Grand Forks their cheerleaders hauled a long banner around the ice, showing to the crowd, that said something like "Minnesota Gophers: America's Team". And I think they got showered with drink cups.

Anyone?

It's getting to be a long time since the 1980's for my memory, so someone can either confirm this or deny it ever happened. But I could swear one time when the gophers came up to Grand Forks their cheerleaders hauled a long banner around the ice, showing to the crowd, that said something like "Minnesota Gophers: America's Team". And I think they got showered with drink cups.

Anyone?

Don't know if they got showered, but yes they did haul around a sign like that.

Anyone?

Check the 1:58 mark of this most excellent video!

• Upvote 1

Pat Sweeney's mustache looked awesome even in the 80's!! :lol:

You beat me to it! I remember the video evidence from this video. Related note: in elementary school, I put a tape recorder by the TV, recorded this song, and brought the tape into school for show and tell. No lie.

Miami? Having not seem them play much this year I have to wonder how this is possible given this past season.

Miami has great talent, but things didn't go right this year, they got into a losing funk, and didn't recover until the playoffs. They reminded me of some of the Gopher teams of recent years who had all the talent, but didn't even finish in the top of the WCHA for home ice in the playoffs. I agree that they will be scary next year.

Miami has great talent, but things didn't go right this year, they got into a losing funk, and didn't recover until the playoffs. They reminded me of some of the Gopher teams of recent years who had all the talent, but didn't even finish in the top of the WCHA for home ice in the playoffs. I agree that they will be scary next year.

Some very good teams often find themselves in a funk if they get off to a slow start...and never recover. I think that was the case with Miami this season. If the RedHawks get off to a 4-0 or 6-0 start to the season next year, look out.

I think Pringles' initial intention was to make tennis balls, but on the day that the rubber truck was supposed to show up, a big truckload of potatoes arrived. And Pringles, being a laid-back company, said, "F it. Cut 'em up."

I haven't slept for ten days, because that would be too long.

Last week I helped my friend stay put. It's a lot easier than helping someone move. I just went over to his house and made sure that he did not start to load [stuff] into a truck.