SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux Gophers the 2014 Championship Edition

Vegas_Sioux

not really surprising , pretty much sums up "gopher nation", they, I am sure are proud of this poster boy..

I don't know about the rest of you but I sensed a lot of fear in that typing and that is worse then drunk typing, (queue gfhockey)

Here's a perfect example of what I am talking about. from an SBN Blog. I would actually question the mental stability of this Gopher fan.

What a scumbag!!!! WOW!

Well... I hope this A-hole sees this and it really pisses him off:

The No. 1 moment in DDC's countdown of his Top 10 moments in the UND/Minnesota rivalry... Chris Porter's wrap around

http://daddydumpandchase.blogspot.com/2014/04/ddcs-top-10-moments-in-undminnesota_9.html

Wow I know a lot of Gopher fans and have a lot of friends who are Gopher fans but I've never met one that shares this guys attitude.

this might be a first... I have family members that went to UMN and played there.

hahahaa all that hate from the Gopher fan(s)...? I take it as a compliment. If the SIOUX hockey team and fans can get this guy's goat this bad, we must doing something right. :lol:

With that much hate and anger, a loss tomorrow might take ten years off his life expectancy.

What a scumbag!!!! WOW!

Well... I hope this A-hole sees this and it really pisses him off:

The No. 1 moment in DDC's countdown of his Top 10 moments in the UND/Minnesota rivalry... Chris Porter's wrap around

http://daddydumpandc...innesota_9.html

Thanks for posting this, though I've watched it recently it is an all-time classic. Made better because I watched that game in a bar full of gopher fans who sat and glared at me when I jumped up from the bar and yelled "YES!!!: HA! Better still was this goal coming as sweet redemption on the heels of Blake Wheeler's hail mary in the Final Five. It's one thing to lose the Broadmoor, but quite another to move on to the Frozen Four and send the gophers home. That was a great goal.

this might be a first... I have family members that went to UMN and played there.

Well I guess they do share some views as they definitely don't like the Sioux and they certainly see them as rivals but they don't make the stupid jokes about Nazi money, flooding, and wanting UND to burn to the ground but part of that may be because most are from NW Minnesota and they respect the storied tradition of the program as well. They also are smart enough hockey minds to realize we don't have a bunch of old Canadian thugs and are a pretty similar style to what they play. There are stupid fans in every fanbase and I guess I'm just lucky that the Gopher fans I know aren't near as stupid as the guy that wrote that post.

I expect bad behavior from gopher fans. I have experienced it at every Sioux v Gopher game I have attended, throughout the years. I guess that is what a rivalry is, at least between these two teams. I have actually grown to accept it as a form of entertainment. ;)

Cepis was my least favorite of all time ... He was a poor man's Hextall. Ya love him if he's your, and you hate him if he is with the opponent.

Actually I'd be embarrassed if he was mine, he was cheap by anyone's standards.

I'm curious who thinks some if not most of the team wear something hidden under their uniforms with the Sioux logo ?

Not likely...I'm sure There are very clear team rules on what is allowed to be worn during games...especially on college hockey's biggest stage...the ncaa would just love another chance to stick it to UND again.