SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux Gophers the 2014 Championship Edition

Vegas_Sioux

Agreed, some of his questions were quite odd. Hak answered them well though.

Yeah, PA doesn't know squat about hockey and could care less about the college game. I don't mind listening to him on radio for Vikes games as he's a huge homer to the point it's funny but his 9 to Noon is almost un-listenable, at least to me.

Regardless of history it still managed to match the NACHO for competitiveness.
Regardless of no history, neither league will be as good as the old league. Hockey East in the current college hockey landscape will continue to be the best league in the nation. i'm not sure why either conference would want to debate mediocrity. ok, that's a stretch but i'm sure you can get the jest of it.

Regardless of no history, neither league will be as good as the old league. Hockey East in the current college hockey landscape will continue to be the best league in the nation. i'm not sure why either conference would want to debate mediocrity. ok, that's a stretch but i'm sure you can get the jest of it.

Truth. Thanks, Barry Alvarez! Awesome! :glare:

Fact he still has a job speaks volumes to the radio market in the Twin Cities area.

Garbage show and market overall

Who will be refs? Guessing ECAC or HE. Haven't watched much east hockey this year to know how different afield have possibly been

Just landed in Philly, big Sioux Yeah Yeah shout on touchdown. Gopher fans onboard not amused.

I have found a fair number of their fan base doesn't have a sense of humor. If you think I am kidding. All you have to do is read the buffoon's twitter account that trying to conduct a parody of Schlossman. I am finding that fans like him are more the norm. Sports are supposed to be fun, but some take it too far. Also, someone on twitter told me that they went to the Wild game last night in a Bruins jersey and a Sioux hat and had a Gopher chirp them the whole game. Non stop. What happened to manners?

• Upvote 1

All this kind of stuff after 30 or 40 yrs is why I hate them. It used to be fun but when they either want to fight or cry it takes most of the fun out of it. That is why I don't care if we ever play them but if we do it is a must win

• Upvote 1

Here's a perfect example of what I am talking about. from an SBN Blog. I would actually question the mental stability of this Gopher fan.

F**k that. If that’s the case, then to hell with the Tournament.

This isn’t a rivalry. I’m a rival of Wisconsin, and of Iowa, and sorta-kinda of Michigan. We grunt grumpily at each other pregame and during play, and then we grill brats afterwards and recognize that, really, aside from the color of our sweatshirts we’re not all that different. You went to your local land-grant research giant, I went to mine. That’s fine. I’ll grunt grumpily at you next season, friend.

North Dakota isn’t a rivalry. North Dakota is a f**king enemy. People who root for Wisconsin are misguided; people who root for North Dakota are bad f**king people. Wretched floodplain cult funded by a Nazi-fellating lump of human slime so loathsome he managed to draw a seven-figure fine from Las Vegas for making them look bad.

After last season, the one shining silver lining I saw is that we could theoretically never play the Fighting Sioux Flickertails ever again. And I’ll tell you what, it was one hell of a silver lining. Well, here we are. Another game. That’s fine. That feeling returns: this could, in principle, be the last time we ever play North Dakota. They could be shuttered tomorrow; the state could recognize the burning need for a tech school in Williston, or something. Don’t get me wrong, it’s not fear. 5-2-1 over the last two seasons is great. 0-0 would have been better.

They are an awful collection of Canadian junior thugs, brought together by an awful athletic department, and rooted for by awful people. I hope the place burns to the ground in a safe, controlled, non-dangerous manner, and I will personally drive north the next day to salt the blessed earth underneath.

#ROSEBOWL

by Erik T on Apr 9, 2014 | 9:40 AM reply rec (3) flag

Here's a perfect example of what I am talking about. from an SBN Blog. I would actually question the mental stability of this Gopher fan.

not really surprising , pretty much sums up "gopher nation", they, I am sure are proud of this poster boy..

I don't know about the rest of you but I sensed a lot of fear in that typing and that is worse then drunk typing, (queue gfhockey)

I have found a fair number of their fan base doesn't have a sense of humor. If you think I am kidding. All you have to do is read the buffoon's twitter account that trying to conduct a parody of Schlossman. I am finding that fans like him are more the norm. Sports are supposed to be fun, but some take it too far. Also, someone on twitter told me that they went to the Wild game last night in a Bruins jersey and a Sioux hat and had a Gopher chirp them the whole game. Non stop. What happened to manners?

ive sat by some really nice and courteous rodent fans And really enjoyed it but ive unfortunately had the misfortune of sitting by skippy too