SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA selection show 11am ESPNU

AZSIOUX

We're in!!!! Love this.

Not afraid of anyone in this tournament. Everyone has holes. At this point, we are playing with house money.

Sioux are going to be an energized bunch. Schlossman tweeted that Simmer watched the entire Wisconsin game with his gear on. Knew it could be the last time he ever wore the Green and White.

They know that they really could have not been playing next weekend and have nothing to lose.

I expect a loose and pumped up Sioux team next weekend. Whomever it may be... Wisco, Union... Whomever... Bring it on. We're in and we're dangerous.

• Upvote 1

Can't sleep, too thrilled that the Sioux had such a huge day! I think this is the best I've felt about the Sioux making the NCAA's. I can't tell if it just that they made it by the hair of their.. or if I feel so positive about how they will do in the tourney?

I still think that it is within this team to win it.

We are top of the line in all but two areas:

1. Letting in the occasional soft goal.

2. Our play in tight around the net. We NEED to play with more poise, smooth pace and focused deliberateness. Wisconsin is a good example of that. I would take our team up and down the ice against Wiscky except around the net where they do a better job of slowing it down so they can make great set ups and nice shot opportunities.

When you're one of the last teams in don't bitch about where you're sent.

It won't happen but UND's best possible 1st round draw would be playing your diving team at the X. But you can breathe easy.........

And I'll chip in a couple grand if you want to order up some Fatheads of Zach Parise to fill the empty seats around you at the X so when the TV cameras pan the crowd it isn't so embarrassing. We all know you Gopher fans don't travel well.

• Upvote 1

See ya after your ONE and DONE!! Get the Golf Clubs ready Ladies!!!!

Have had this trip planned for months so I'll have tee time spots available for you and Mariucci in PHX when your squad doesn't make it out of the regionals...as a #1 seed...again.

Come on, Mariucci...most of the time I like reading posts by fans of other teams on here but i'm starting to think you are upset and feel violated by the unannounced rectal prostate exam you received from Gopher Nation earlier today...

FYP............

I'm surprised no one is thinking that they'll swap 15 and 16 for travel *and* attendance:

- Bobby Mo could bus to BC's regional in Worcester (533 miles, saving a plane)

- DU could go to St. Paul on their no-matter-what-they-fly flight

- More DU fans would go to MSP over Worcester

And I do believe Vermont will be kept east and UND will be in Cincy.

Final thought: Moy's brackets are set for conference rivals to meet in both eastern regional finals (BC-UML, Union/Quin). I'd swap UML and Quin. They'd complain about the "extra travel" but Worchester to Bridgeport is like Mayville to Portland around here. (Bridgeport to Worcester is 114 miles.)

I'll take UW over Union in a heartbeat, but who cares, we're in.

Maybe a nothing-to-lose gift like this is the best possible way this team could get to the dance. Virg Foss once said he thought Gino would have the best chance at winning with a team expected to win, while Blais would be his choice with an underdog. Blais was intense in his way, obviously, but he had a kind of "what the hell" quality that helps players loosen their grip, IMO. Maybe these Flowers From Bucky will loosen our boys up a bit.

Bring on whomever whereever.

It won't happen but UND's best possible 1st round draw would be playing your diving team at the X. But you can breathe easy.........

And I'll chip in a couple grand if you want to order up some Fatheads of Zach Parise to fill the empty seats around you at the X so when the TV cameras pan the crowd it isn't so embarrassing. We all know you Gopher fans don't travel well.

yep that crossing the river is a bit much for gopher nation

The only reason to match us up with Wisconsin is to save on a flight for Vermont. The brackets fall into place perfectly without any inter-conference match-ups without that switch. I think the committee should keep it as is and let things fall as they may. Here are my brackets:

East

Union

Quinnipiac

Providence

North Dakota

Northeast

Boston College

Lowell

Mankato

Denver

Midwest

Wisconsin

Ferris State

Colgate

Vermont

West

Minnesota

Notre Dame

St. Cloud

Robert Morris

I agree with this. I don't see any reason to mess with bracket integrity.

I agree with this. I don't see any reason to mess with bracket integrity.

True, but the NCAA maybe make changes to save money and improve attendance. More sioux fans to cincinatti that going all the way east. Regardless, i'm just glad we're in. Still think the best improvement they could make to this tourney is have every region at a campus location. So tired of games played in near empty arenas.

Wake up this morning and my favorite group of hockey players have life.

Similar situation to Yale. They ran the gauntlet last year playing on borrowed time. 23 wins doesn't buy you much this day in college hockey. But boy am happy the chips fell where they did.

I think the Sioux will be in Cincy and get Wisconsin in the first game. I've watched Wisconsin play a few times now and they have more scoring ability than the last few years but also seem a little weaker on defense and have had some turnover problems on the back end. They have had very solid goaltending most of the year but I thought a couple of the goals Rumpel gave up to Ohio State last night were pretty weak.

I'm going to play devils advocate here and switch things up with the 4 seeds. I know that bracket integrity says that it should be 1 vs 16, but when 1 clearly doesn't perform for its semi final game, lets send a message. NCAA talks about attendance. How is sending UND to CInncy going to help attendance and RM to St Paul. So here is my solution. Send UND to St. Paul, RM to Bridgeport, Vermont to Worcester and Denver to Cincy. This would make it more feasable for larger attendance and send a message that you have to earn the #1 seed on playoff finals weekend. I know this is far fetched, but why not? There were so many complaints last year after the attendance fiasco. Lets fix it. MSU to St. Paul instead of Notre Dame, send them to cincy.

Eff our record... eff that we backed in... I will even lay of the fire Hak crap for a bit. Too close of a call for this Sioux fan but I'll take it.

GO SIOUX!!!! We are in the tourney. I'm not scared of anybody, hopefully Hak and the boys aren't either.

Time to play Sioux hockey!

Agree.