SiouxSports.com Forum

What's it going to take to hang #8?

yababy8

Ive been called a moron bafoon idiot dumbbeep a jack beep thats just off top my head. Idk what tohers have been called

The harder you guys go after me the harder i go on thus board

Bring it on

I believe it's spelled buffoon...also I thought there was a d-bag once; I will check on this and let you know.
  • Upvote 1

I haven't lowered my expectations for the program at all.

1. I expect the program to be competitive for a national championship. I expect they will be in the NCAA tournament a high majority of the years, with a legitimate chance to advance.

2. I expect the program to be clean. No recruiting scandals. No payments to student athletes. No academic cheating.

3. I expect the players to be treated with the same respect shown to other students, so that they leave the University with fond memories and good feelings about their experience. I want them to be proud to be UND alum, happy to come back and support the University, willing to send their own children there.

4. I expect the team to compete for league and conference tournament titles.

5. Finally, I want the program to be considered in that elite class of 5-7 programs at the top of NCAA college hockey.

In my opinion, the UND hockey program has met those standards under Hakstol, and under his predecessors.

That's pretty much how I feel. And expanding on Hovey's first point, I want to be able to watch a UND team that is consistently among the best teams in the country, so the games are both fun to watch and meaningful. Hak's teams have given that. Hak has not won a NC yet, and we all expect that; but he also has not put us through three for four years like Minnesota recently went through under Lucia, or some of the bad years Eaves had recently, or some of Sandy's teams in in Duluth, or the disaster Miami has been this year.

That's pretty much how I feel. And expanding on Hovey's first point, I want to be able to watch a UND team that is consistently among the best teams in the country, so the games are both fun to watch and meaningful. Hak's teams have given that. Hak has not won a NC yet, and we all expect that; but he also has not put us through three for four years like Minnesota recently went through under Lucia, or some of the bad years Eaves had recently, or some of Sandy's teams in in Duluth, or the disaster Miami has been this year.

To be fair, Miami has been hit even harder than we have by decommits. Makes this year's team all the more impressive though. Very unrealistic but this year's team could have had Nelson in his senior year along with JT Miller in his junior year and Matteau as a sophomore.

You can't have the best players possible and the highest NHL recruits possible...without taking into consideration that they're likely at UND for at best, 2-3 years. Union, Quinnipiac, Yale...hmnn....those schools might be onto something with those four-year guys.

In the grand scheme of things....only one of the teams you have mentioned has done anything and none of them have had any long term success. I still stay with our recruiting process. We just need a better balance of blue chippers to 4 year players. For a while there Hak was going all in on too many blue chippers.

Good point... Also, if fans think it's been fun and games around the team this season, it hasn't... It's been crunch time since they started the season 4-7-2. If anything, one could argue that this is Hak's best coaching job so far. There's a lot of pride behind that bench and in that locker room. For the most part this is a very young team with players in key areas that are also very young.

I like your comment about it having been crunch time for the past several weeks since their poor start. If anything, this stretch could-and should-make them battle-tested come playoff time.

So hheres a simple yes or no question

If hak isnt picking the right playas is he doing his job efficiently?

Is his job to produce nattys or ahl playas?

There was some links posted on another thread stating test results about "trolls" I thought they were very informative.

I no longer hate the garbage you type, rather, now that I understand your type I can say with much sympathy, I feel sorry for you.

Everyone though, stop feeding the troll.

I know that goes for me also.

Ok, you can argue that expectations have been lowered on siouxsports.com. I don't agree but here's a better question: Why does it matter if a small sample of Sioux fans on a message board's expectations have been lowered?

The real problem I would have is if Hakstol lowered his expectations and started acting like we had a good run and we were happy to get as far as we did. That has never been shown or alluded to by Hakstol or any player that has played under him. They're the guys that are sitting in the locker room at the end of the season and can't take their jerseys off while they break down in tears because they killed themselves for this program.

Who cares if you think 'our' expectations have been lowered? The program still expects to win it all.

Some of you guys write the best stuff! This one made me yell YEAH!

im a new poster, I really enjoy reading the threads on here but I thought id add one of my thoughts. since the Saturday n. mich. game it seems like hak started to become a different style of coach. he doesn't seem so set in his ways to just dump and chase and he's giving the defense a lot more free reign to pinch. I personally like hak as a coach and I believe by the end of his tenure as coach he will be regarded as one of the best coaches und ever had. this team is a lot more like the bc teams that beat us. hak is adjusting his recruiting style too. I think within the next couple years he'll bring home a natty. people in my opinion greatly underestimate the amount of talent on this team. imho

In the grand scheme of things....only one of the teams you have mentioned has done anything and none of them have had any long term success. I still stay with our recruiting process. We just need a better balance of blue chippers to 4 year players. For a while there Hak was going all in on too many blue chippers.

So on the 'Hak's an idiot' hand it's 'what have you done in recent memory?' but on the Union, Quinnipiac, and Yale hand, it's 'long term success' and 'grand scheme of things'.

I'm still confused...

So on the 'Hak's an idiot' hand it's 'what have you done in recent memory?' but on the Union, Quinnipiac, and Yale hand, it's 'long term success' and 'grand scheme of things'.

I'm still confused...

I can't even tell what you are trying to say. Who called Hak an idiot? Also yes, Yale has won but I don't think you completely change your recruiting style simply because some ECAC teams are having some recent success. Let's see how long teams like Q and Union stay in the top 5-10 range. Those teams are 100% built of 4 year players and most of them come in at 20. I still like seeing the young studs come in.

Ive been called a moron bafoon idiot dumbbeep a jack beep thats just off top my head. Idk what tohers have been called

The harder you guys go after me the harder i go on thus board

Bring it on

if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, talks like a duck, it's a duck

I can't even tell what you are trying to say. Who called Hak an idiot? Also yes, Yale has won but I don't think you completely change your recruiting style simply because some ECAC teams are having some recent success. Let's see how long teams like Q and Union stay in the top 5-10 range. Those teams are 100% built of 4 year players and most of them come in at 20. I still like seeing the young studs come in.

I didn't say you called Hak an idiot - that's kind of a generalization of the 'fire Hak' crowd. You may like the 18 year old studs coming in into REA, but Union, Quinnipiac, and Yale seem to prefer the 20 year olds who are going to stay for four years. That philosophy seems to be catching on as they've had some success out there in the past 4-5 seasons, whereas our 20-21 year olds are looking to jump to the NHL.

Take a look at the 1997 roster:

http://www.undsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=204977254

Now how about the team 10 years later...

http://collegehockeystats.net/0607/rosters/ndkm

Which team had more NHL talent? Which team was better?

I didn't say you called Hak an idiot - that's kind of a generalization of the 'fire Hak' crowd. You may like the 18 year old studs coming in into REA, but Union, Quinnipiac, and Yale seem to prefer the 20 year olds who are going to stay for four years. That philosophy seems to be catching on as they've had some success out there in the past 4-5 seasons, whereas our 20-21 year olds are looking to jump to the NHL.

Take a look at the 1997 roster:

http://www.undsports...TCLID=204977254

Now how about the team 10 years later...

http://collegehockey...07/rosters/ndkm

Which team had more NHL talent? Which team was better?

Yes, but we are a different type of program than those you mentioned. Those other schools could never pull in blue chip recruits. From Hak's perspeective, it's tough to turn away from a great talent to find that stud overager (4 year) player. Many people seem to search for the blue chip (early draft picks) that flop, however there are many more overage (undrafted) players that absolutely amount to nothing...and it isn't even close. Again, the reason we are consistently good is because we have better players than our opposition (on average). Union, Q and Yale simply hit the cards right on some overage players, these teams could be an afterthought next year, whereas, UND won't they will still be a good hockey team. You are showing one example. When comparing UND to those teams you mentioned, the success isn't even close, besides last year's success of Yale. Yale is also losing their best player after this year, they may have a rough going next year.

Yes, but we are a different type of program than those you mentioned. Those other schools could never pull in blue chip recruits. From Hak's perspeective, it's tough to turn away from a great talent to find that stud overager (4 year) player. Many people seem to search for the blue chip (early draft picks) that flop, however there are many more overage (undrafted) players that absolutely amount to nothing...and it isn't even close. Again, the reason we are consistently good is because we have better players than our opposition (on average). Union, Q and Yale simply hit the cards right on some overage players, these teams could be an afterthought next year, whereas, UND won't they will still be a good hockey team. You are showing one example. When comparing UND to those teams you mentioned, the success isn't even close, besides last year's success of Yale. Yale is also losing their best player after this year, they may have a rough going next year.

Yale's beaten North Dakota twice in four years in the regionals...they must be doing something right.

I miss players like Peter Armbrust and Brad DeFauw from the 1997 team - Matt Henderson, too. They weren't exactly 'blue-chip' recruits, but they were winners.

Yale's beaten North Dakota twice in four years in the regionals...they must be doing something right.

I miss players like Peter Armbrust and Brad DeFauw from the 1997 team - Matt Henderson, too. They weren't exactly 'blue-chip' recruits, but they were winners.

Henderson was a walk on...and he walked off with the Frozen Four Most Outstanding Player in 97.

I haven't lowered my expectations for the program at all.

1. I expect the program to be competitive for a national championship. I expect they will be in the NCAA tournament a high majority of the years, with a legitimate chance to advance.

2. I expect the program to be clean. No recruiting scandals. No payments to student athletes. No academic cheating.

3. I expect the players to be treated with the same respect shown to other students, so that they leave the University with fond memories and good feelings about their experience. I want them to be proud to be UND alum, happy to come back and support the University, willing to send their own children there.

4. I expect the team to compete for league and conference tournament titles.

5. Finally, I want the program to be considered in that elite class of 5-7 programs at the top of NCAA college hockey.

6. Hang NCAA Participation banners for achieving #1-#5 above.

True....my point is that as a recruiter....it would be tough to pass up on high recruits to look at older kids.

Anyway....I have hendo's stick from milwaukee.