SiouxSports.com Forum

What's it going to take to hang #8?

yababy8

True....my point is that as a recruiter....it would be tough to pass up on high recruits to look at older kids.

Anyway....I have hendo's stick from milwaukee.

Yea, there are pluses and minuses to both.

You have his stick from Milwaukee? I have connections here thru a mutual friend and could probably get that autographed for you. PM me if you'd like...

Yea, there are pluses and minuses to both.

You have his stick from Milwaukee? I have connections here thru a mutual friend and could probably get that autographed for you. PM me if you'd like...

I actually skated with him and Notreman about a month and a half ago....couldn't even get the nerve to ask him. I didn't even know it was them until another guy noted who they were (because he knew I was a big UND fan). The stick has been sitting in my dad's garage in GF for awhile now. I need to get that done though.

Which team had more NHL talent? Which team was better?

MM makes a good point, but I think even he will agree that the '97 team was a team that nobody saw coming. Kind of a perfect storm of talent and timing.

FWIW, I loved the chances of the '07 team. Seriously - they were good enough that I hauled the wife and little kids all the way to St. Louis to watch them win number 8. In the end, we got no championship, and a long drive home with a Hobey consolation prize.

As others said, you just don't snub a blue chip player - so I think it's unreasonable to try to make a team out of 4 year committed players. That's just not UND hockey right now, and I guess I'm not sure if we want it to be. Just the same, I think it takes a good mix of both types of players to get it done. 2011 was another year where we had the team to do it - a virtual lock. But a good Michigan defensive game plan doused those flames too. So is a good coaching scheme the missing link? I'm not calling for Hak's head, but we just can't seem to get over the hump even with great squads on the ice. That's frustrating sometimes.

In the end, I have no answers. I just want another banner. A green one.

• Upvote 1

Did Notermann hit any pipes? :)

I remember him hitting quite a few back in the day.

Watching him and Spiewak out there together was always fun...

Haha...I don't recall however I never realized how good he was. Hendo was the better college player I believe but when you take hitting out of the game Notermann is awesome. Super crafty.

Speez (Spiewak's dad) still posts on here from time to time.

I had the pleasure of meeting him at the Notre Dame tourney that the Sioux were in a few years ago.

Agree, Speez is a great guy and I had the pleasure of meeting him once in Mankato. MIss those days, Speez!

hahaha cool. yeah Spiewak and Noterman were the best PK tandem i've seen at UND. really fun to watch.

Agree, they were great even as freshmen.

Which one is he over there?

I think he just posted under his name, John C. Notermann. I don't think he's posted over there for years. He dropped by occasionally after Jason graduated, but I think he realized he had better things to do than debate with MN fans. I haven't seen him for quite awhile. I think I last saw him 6-7 years ago at Tom Reid's during the Final 5.

Those were fun times dagies.

Always enjoyed the trips to GF & other towns to watch the Sioux play.

Coldest I've ever been in my life was in GF in February until this year.

I even got to see one Natty & a post away from a second.

Those were rebuilding teams that were never predicted to win it all.

You never know when the right chemistry comes together to get it done.

Hak will get it done. I shake my head when I read some of these responses.

I'm fortunate that I am a Sioux fan & not the fan of the perennial loser that I almost was.

It is definitely much more fun watching a contender every year. Makes the winters much easier to deal with.

^This, you never know if it'll be your year. Which, despite some heartbreak recently, makes excited everytime the tournament comes around and we're in it.

Those were fun times dagies.

Always enjoyed the trips to GF & other towns to watch the Sioux play.

Coldest I've ever been in my life was in GF in February until this year.

I even got to see one Natty & a post away from a second.

Those were rebuilding teams that were never predicted to win it all.

You never know when the right chemistry comes together to get it done.

Hak will get it done. I shake my head when I read some of these responses.

I'm fortunate that I am a Sioux fan & not the fan of the perennial loser that I almost was.

It is definitely much more fun watching a contender every year. Makes the winters much easier to deal with.

Where do you live now? Just wondering if your winter has been as brutal as eastern North Dakota's.

I think he just posted under his name, John C. Notermann. I don't think he's posted over there for years. He dropped by occasionally after Jason graduated, but I think he realized he had better things to do than debate with MN fans. I haven't seen him for quite awhile. I think I last saw him 6-7 years ago at Tom Reid's during the Final 5.

I follow him on Twitter as well.