SiouxSports.com Forum

What's it going to take to hang #8?

yababy8

I take it you mean besides BC. One NT every 3.5 years on average does seem like parity to me. I would have been happy with 1 in the last 10. How about you.

I'm not sure what I need to explain since my post quite clearly detailed the ten titles in the past fourteen years won by schools NOT named Boston College...what's not clear?

You're right - he is entitled to his own opinions. However, if all you're going to do on this site is come on and post:

ffffire Hhak

all haill hhak!

patented thrid perid letdownnn

jjjust buzzzed bud

You're not adding anything to the conversation. Please go away.

And frankly - I don't care whether you think I add anything or not, I'm here to stay. You don't like - you leave!

You're right - he is entitled to his own opinions. However, if all you're going to do on this site is come on and post:

ffffire Hhak

all haill hhak!

patented thrid perid letdownnn

jjjust buzzzed bud

You're not adding anything to the conversation. Please go away.

I'm not sure what I need to explain since my post quite clearly detailed the ten titles in the past fourteen years won by schools NOT named Boston College...what's not clear?

Nothing - I just don't see as much parity as you apparently do based on one team winning a NT 4 times in 14 years. I think they have pretty much established that they are a notch above everybody else - clear?

Nothing - I just don't see as much parity as you apparently do based on one team winning a NT 4 times in 14 years. I think they have pretty much established that they are a notch above everybody else - clear?

So 5 different WCHA teams winning national titles in a 14 year span isn't "parity" in a conference to you? Seems like that's a pretty good run for one conference. Imagine if only ONE WCHA team was head and shoulders above the rest during that same time-span...dare I say they'd out-number BC in terms of titles?

So 5 different WCHA teams winning national titles in a 14 year span isn't "parity" in a conference to you? Seems like that's a pretty good run for one conference. Imagine if only ONE WCHA team was head and shoulders above the rest during that same time-span...dare I say they'd out-number BC in terms of titles?

But your initial post made reference to the ten years BC did not win as well as reference to the 5 different winning teams from one conference during that time period. Therefore I viewed your statement as one regarding college hockey in general and, my response was with regard to college hockey in general only.

If you want to throw BC out the equation then I completely agree with you that there is great parity in college hockey. But, based on 4 titles in 14 years (as well as 3 runner-up finishes in the other ten years), there is no doubt in my mind that BC and parity do not belong in the same sentence over the last 14 years. And it remains my opinion (and trust me as a born and raised Grand Forks boy it pains me to say it) that BC has separated themselves from the rest of college hockey over the last decade plus of college hockey.

yeah hockeyisgr8

I doubt most of these people on here are bron and raised in GF like us

some people don't understand the true grand forks love for winning

I don't know how many were bron in grand forks. Some of us were born here and have lived around Grand Forks most of our lives. I'm pretty sure that most people that are interested in sports really love winning. That isn't special to Grand Forks.

But your initial post made reference to the ten years BC did not win as well as reference to the 5 different winning teams from one conference during that time period. Therefore I viewed your statement as one regarding college hockey in general and, my response was with regard to college hockey in general only.

If you want to throw BC out the equation then I completely agree with you that there is great parity in college hockey. But, based on 4 titles in 14 years (as well as 3 runner-up finishes in the other ten years), there is no doubt in my mind that BC and parity do not belong in the same sentence over the last 14 years. And it remains my opinion (and trust me as a born and raised Grand Forks boy it pains me to say it) that BC has separated themselves from the rest of college hockey over the last decade plus of college hockey.

There is parity in hockey just like there was parity from 78-00 only it was us not BC that seperated ourselves.

First, gfhockey, doesn't have to go away. We are all entitled to our own opinion, even if you don't like it.

Second, I don't think anything he said in his post that prompted you to tell him to go away was in any way inaccurate, so why do you object to those statements?

Apparently you are not reading his garbage than!

I also feel he should just go away!

There is parity in hockey just like there was parity from 78-00 only it was us not BC that seperated ourselves.

another aspect of this is that college hockey in general is down in talent. overall, today's college hockey is not on the same level as it was from 2000-2010.

Back on topic - A lesson we saw reinforced today - never go into a prevent or defensive shell - It never seems to end well for us. Keep doing what got you the lead in the first place.

One of the first things I thought of when the women did that... we've seen it bite our asses and it sure as heck bit the women today.

I'd concur that BC has been the gold standard of college hockey since 2000 and don't disagree with anything you stated above.

I know parity is getting much better but when all nattys come from the former big 3 hockey conferences that doesn't necessarily ooze parity. However if another ecac team wins this year I will change my mind.

I wasn't trying to suggest conference parity as much as I was team parity. 5 of the 12 WCHA teams (and you could honestly say 10 WCHA teams since most of the past 14 seasons was played without Bemidji and UNO as conference members) have NCAA titles since 2000. That's an impressive statistic.