SiouxSports.com Forum

What's it going to take to hang #8?

yababy8

Hockey doesn't really work there, Bismarck Bulls played there when the Bismarck Express\Bismarck Bullets played at the VFW All Seasons Arena. The Bismarck Bobcats started there then moved to the VFW Sports Center(All Seasons Arena).

Beat me to the punch...it can't work any worse than Target Center, can it? :lol:

Beat me to the punch...it can't work any worse than Target Center, can it? :lol:

I've skated there when the UND hockey camp was there because of the flood. If I remember right the lowest seats are above or slightly above the hight of the boards. The end that wasn't expanded north I think you have to sit in the balcony.

I've skated there when the UND hockey camp was there because of the flood. If I remember right the lowest seats are above or slightly above the hight of the boards. The end that wasn't expanded north I think you have to sit in the balcony.

So you're sayin' there's a chance...

Good point.

I'll offer one up...can we have Grand Forks, Fargo, and maybe even the Bismarck Civic Center make an effort to consistently host NCAA men's regional hockey tournaments?

as far as the Bismarck Civic Center goes, would you really want o have a regional played there when that hockey will be the only hockey that for the most part is ever played, so no track record of having good ice? don't be surprised if in the next round of regional bids they don't start going back to on campus sights. they've already done that, I think it's next year in south bend and I wouldn't be surpised if that happens inthe next round with the Ralph getting one.

I second this

Thank you! I don't want to be critical of anyone who wants to post about the coaching tenure, I just would love to see a thread that isn't all about that.

..I just threw up a post suggesting a change to the Grimaldi line, Doesn't anyone have a thought on that? Everyone knows everyone elses position on the fire Hak thing.. Who thinks Rodwell would be a better fit to Grimaldi's right??

as far as the Bismarck Civic Center goes, would you really want to have a regional played there when that hockey will be the only hockey that for the most part is ever played, so no track record of having good ice? don't be surprised if in the next round of regional bids they don't start going back to on campus sights. they've already done that, I think it's next year in south bend and I wouldn't be surpised if that happens inthe next round with the Ralph getting one.

As opposed to playing Minnesota in the cozy confines of the Xcel Energy Center, in front of 8,000-10,000 of THEIR fans, vs playing in Bismarck, in front of 5,000-7,000 of North Dakota fans?

It was just a suggestion...especially since there don't appear to be many bidders for these things nowadays...

2015: Fargo

2016: Bismarck

2017: Grand Forks

Since 2001, Manchester, NH, and Worcester, MA have hosted a regional. Both are within 60 miles of Boston. That streak will continue thru at least 2016, too. Hmnn...

As opposed to playing Minnesota in the cozy confines of the Xcel Energy Center, in front of 8,000-10,000 of THEIR fans, vs playing in Bismarck, in front of 5,000-7,000 of North Dakota fans?

It was just a suggestion...especially since there don't appear to be many bidders for these things nowadays...

Since 2001, Manchester, NH, and Worcester, MA have hosted a regional. Both are within 60 miles of Boston. That streak will continue thru at least 2016, too. Hmnn...

I dont know about hockey, but the civic center holds more than 7k. I was there for dickinson trinity vs parshall when there was more than 11k

2004-2013 ten-year span:

WCHA: 3 (Denver 2004 & 2005, Wisconsin 2006, UMD 2011)

CCHA: 1 (Michigan State 2007)

Hockey East: 1 (Boston University 2009)

ECAC: 1 (Yale 2013)

Excluding last years outlier it looks as though the big three hockey conferences have won all nattys. Who was '08...BC? And 2010 I believe

the amazing part is Sandelin alllows that crap, all the UND blood must have been flushed out of him. and some people on here want him to replace Hakstol.

Actually the amazing part is that you believe UND is any different than other college teams in regards to "that crap."

I have agreed with you a lot lately on here, but this one is wrong. UND has never played the lay down act to draw a penalty, never seen it.

Yup, someone cue up a video of a Sioux player writhing on the ground in pain and getting up for the ensuing 5 min pp. If there is, I'll immediately withdraw my post but I don't ever remember it.

Actually the amazing part is that you believe UND is any different than other college teams in regards to "that crap."

I won't say it hasn't happened. but compared to other teams that do it on a regular basis, yes they are different. UND players also don't lay on the ice for 5 minutes pretending they are injured just to draw a penalty.

Don't forget Providence, RI, also within 60 miles of Boston. Providence hosted last year along with Manchester.

Can't you just go away?

First, gfhockey, doesn't have to go away. We are all entitled to our own opinion, even if you don't like it.

Second, I don't think anything he said in his post that prompted you to tell him to go away was in any way inaccurate, so why do you object to those statements?

First, gfhockey, doesn't have to go away. We are all entitled to our own opinion, even if you don't like it.

Second, I don't think anything he said in his post that prompted you to tell him to go away was in any way inaccurate, so why do you object to those statements?

You're right - he is entitled to his own opinions. However, if all you're going to do on this site is come on and post:

ffffire Hhak

all haill hhak!

patented thrid perid letdownnn

jjjust buzzzed bud

You're not adding anything to the conversation. Please go away.

Here's a couple of facts for you, gfhockey...

BC has won 4 of the last 14 titles, but EIGHT different schools have won the remaining TEN titles

FIVE DIFFERENT schools from ONE CONFERENCE have at least one title during that 14 year span

If that's not parity, I don't know what is.

I take it you mean besides BC. One NT every 3.5 years on average does seem like parity to me. I would have been happy with 1 in the last 10. How about you.

You're right - he is entitled to his own opinions. However, if all you're going to do on this site is come on and post:

ffffire Hhak

all haill hhak!

patented thrid perid letdownnn

jjjust buzzzed bud

Agreed, but the post that prompted the go away response said nothing about firing anybody, it was simply fairly accurate statements regarding what type of seasons the Sioux tend to memorialize.

You're not adding anything to the conversation. Please go away.