SiouxSports.com Forum

2015 Recruiting

Hambone

I am seriously just asking a question.

I have never seen this list before and was just wondering if UND received any big Minnesota commitments over any other FCS or FBS schools.

I dont know if they did, but I know they beat out a certain in state FCS team for a DL from New Town and a DE/OLB from Winnipeg. IMHO NDSU shouldn't be losing any kids to UND with where their program is at..

Recruiting is a crapshoot, based on previous posts I hardly doubt you are seriously just asking a question.  With a great University and New Indoor Facility UND will be just fine when it comes to recruiting and football. Bubba's first class was great and I'm sure this one will be even better with 12 months to recruit compared to 1. Thanks for your continued interest in UND Football and Recruiting. 

• Upvote 3

So.....the only commits of UND from the State of Minnesota, according to this compilation, are those in which UND was the only offer or those which UND was the only FCS offer, beating out a D2 school?

If you're at all aware of how recruiting works, you know that each school operates on their own schedule and evaluates talent differently. A number of UNDs commits committed quite early, perhaps before other schools stepped up. Sometimes it is true that the early bird gets the worm.

I also know for a fact that some kids soured on your program before offers were being made. It may come as a surprise to you, but not every kid feels the way you do about your school, your community, your coaching staff, etc.

As for the accuracy of the Gopher Hole list, all I can say is that it's well known in MN and the guys that run it are pretty plugged in. Like anything there are probably some errors or omissions but on the whole it's pretty accurate.

he'll need to cover 6'4 TE's whether he's at linebacker or safety 

At safety his alignment would at least give him a cushion.

As a hs player at 190 running a 4.7 is a big and slow safety, but he could certainly get into that 225 range and that puts him at a beast of a middle.  That's what the ac got out of Mays.

If you're at all aware of how recruiting works, you know that each school operates on their own schedule and evaluates talent differently. A number of UNDs commits committed quite early, perhaps before other schools stepped up. Sometimes it is true that the early bird gets the worm.

I also know for a fact that some kids soured on your program before offers were being made. It may come as a surprise to you, but not every kid feels the way you do about your school, your community, your coaching staff, etc.

As for the accuracy of the Gopher Hole list, all I can say is that it's well known in MN and the guys that run it are pretty plugged in. Like anything there are probably some errors or omissions but on the whole it's pretty accurate.

Don't know what you guys are all upset about. Just asking if what I looked at was accurate.

Curious to see that Bubba is winning recruiting battles with D2 schools and not much else. I would have figured he would be killing it with that indoor practice facility, amazing academics, and pull of the Big Sky.

I do realize how recruiting can be funny though. NDSU was Brock Jensen's only D1 offer and we know how that turned out.

Didn't know about the Canadian kid. Was not aware NDSU even recruited there. The New Town kid's dad played at UND so that is logical that he went there I guess.

Don't know what you guys are all upset about. Just asking if what I looked at was accurate.

Curious to see that Bubba is winning recruiting battles with D2 schools and not much else. I would have figured he would be killing it with that indoor practice facility, amazing academics, and pull of the Big Sky.

I do realize how recruiting can be funny though. NDSU was Brock Jensen's only D1 offer and we know how that turned out.

Didn't know about the Canadian kid. Was not aware NDSU even recruited there. The New Town kid's dad played at UND so that is logical that he went there I guess.

We have a lot of faith in Bubba because of the class he was able to pull off last year when he didn't start until January. We won't know how good these classes will be for a few years. His first one was promising thougj

Momoh will be an OLB coming off the edge......a lot.

The inexact science of recruiting. In the 90's UND had a highly touted Mask kid and a guy that was second fiddle, Riendeau. Just one of so many examples of how all teams miss on big recruits and hit on lesser recruits. It seems like the Thielen kid from DL was missed although UND and NDSU were told the kid is a late bloomer. UND probably had to take a few 'flyers' last year considering the time table. I expect this recruiting class to be more of a foundation for years to come.

Mods...please end this SH*t. The playing dumb backhanded compliments are ruining this thread.

Address this already.

• Upvote 2

Of note. Mikey Daniels of South Dakota favorites a lot of Maurice's tweets in recruiting. I'm hoping we still have some room for him. I would guess he's waiting on something from Nebraska as he has a lot of Twitter action with them. But him and Olivera could be a good tandem in the future. Also getting the second best player out of South Dakota couldn't hurt recruiting any im guessing.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Michael-Daniel-148656

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1335399/michael-daniel

Of note. Mikey Daniels of South Dakota favorites a lot of Maurice's tweets in recruiting. I'm hoping we still have some room for him. I would guess he's waiting on something from Nebraska as he has a lot of Twitter action with them. But him and Olivera could be a good tandem in the future. Also getting the second best player out of South Dakota couldn't hurt recruiting any im guessing.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Michael-Daniel-148656

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1335399/michael-daniel

Army has offered and I think there is some interest by some other FBS programs. Obviously UND should pursue this kid if he fits the program - he would be a great addition talent-wise.