SiouxSports.com Forum

2015 Recruiting

Hambone

Nobody else offered Palendech, Edwards or Golladay out of high school though, so there is no way they were good recruits. All 3 of them were from the same signing day class.

They were all steals. Very good recruits that others missed on. I think people get too caught up in other offers for players, it doesn't mean they're any good just like one offer didn't mean Brock Jensen wasn't good.

They were all steals. Very good recruits that others missed on. I think people get too caught up in other offers for players, it doesn't mean they're any good just like one offer didn't mean Brock Jensen wasn't good.

I believe Vince was laying down some sarcasm for those who say none of our Minnesota recruits are any good.

While it certainly raises legitimate questions, it doesn't concern me if a UND commit's only other offers are D2.  There were plenty of guys on the UND roster prior to the move up that we all know were capable of playing at the I-AA level, but ended up in the NCC.  If Bubba is reaching on those guys it is up to him to develop them into a capable FCS player.

If I'm not mistaken, Zach Zenner and Jake Wieneke each had one division I offer out of high school. I doubt SDSU sniffs the playoffs this year without those two. Those are the types of players UND can hopefully uncover in the future. I feel optimistic that between Momoh, Engwall, Rooney, Santiago, Rodgers and Lawrence, UND has done quite well in MN this year, regardless of who else did or did not offer those kids. The 247 rankings seem to support this opinion: http://247sports.com/Season/2015-Football/CompositeRecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&State=MN

We wanted to get back to recruiting upper Midwest. So far we have 4 of the top 30 in Minnesota + Lawerence and Santiago, 2 of the top 10 in Canada, and some of the top North Dakota kids who fans at both schools think could be good players. I'd say the coaches are doing what they asked.

On a side note, a former FU player who now coaches at Moorhead is very disappointed Lawerence is coming to Grand Forks. Feels he will be a steal in this class and was in FUs ear to offer the kid.

We wanted to get back to recruiting upper Midwest. So far we have 4 of the top 30 in Minnesota + Lawerence and Santiago, 2 of the top 10 in Canada, and some of the top North Dakota kids who fans at both schools think could be good players. I'd say the coaches are doing what they asked.

On a side note, a former FU player who now coaches at Moorhead is very disappointed Lawerence is coming to Grand Forks. Feels he will be a steal in this class and was in FUs ear to offer the kid.

I was thinking that must have bothered the Moorhead coach a lot - what kind of restrictions are there on what he could say to Lawrence - technically he is very much an FU booster. (says a lot about Lawrence's character that he chose UND knowing what he was hearing probably daily from his coach.)

I would think that we would need to get another QB in this class other than the Rugby kid. Seems like we have had a lot of QBs not stick around very long here other than the 3 soon to be juniors (assuming they stick around).

Agreed, another QB would be great. Not sure where things are at with Trey Anderson. But, he might be a real steal.

Very few teams in the FCS  have the scholarship money that UND has this year.

Agreed, another QB would be great. Not sure where things are at with Trey Anderson. But, he might be a real steal.

We need to get him. He's got steal written all over him. That injury will make him a better player and leader but also keeps other schools away. Just the way the ball comes out of his hand is something you can't teach. He really flicks it.

We need to get him. He's got steal written all over him. That injury will make him a better player and leader but also keeps other schools away. Just the way the ball comes out of his hand is something you can't teach. He really flicks it.

I know you like him you're the one who pointed him out to me. I watched almost all the videos for the QB's we had an interest in and watched two of them live. He was one of three I'd say that really popped at me. One of the those three committed to NIU and I thought Anderson atleast by video is better.

I know you like him you're the one who pointed him out to me. I watched almost all the videos for the QB's we had an interest in and watched two of them live. He was one of three I'd say that really popped at me. One of the those three committed to NIU and I thought Anderson atleast by video is better.

Had that one from Colorado verbaled anywhere? He looked like a ball player also. Kind of a Favre like delivery.

Had that one from Colorado verbaled anywhere? He looked like a ball player also. Kind of a Favre like delivery.

SW MN State can't remember his name. There was a kid from Pennsylvania that some how ended up on our radar that had a good looking video as well.

Very few teams in the FCS  have the scholarship money that UND has this year.

I made that point before that with limited scholarships things even out. SU has an established roster taking up money, without infinite scholarships, you run out of money trying to keep upper classmen happy while having enough to get all the recruits you want. I am surprised Ellefson is the #8 player in MN, I think that is too high given the competition. As always, just an opinion and recruiting is part speculation with projection, hope, and wishful thinking.

The Colorado QB - Pomona HS - Justin Roberts was offered by Southwest Minnesota State and Nebraska Kearney.  He has not committed anywhere yet.  Has visits scheduled to Washburn and CSU-Pueblo the D2 National Champs.   North Dakota, South Dakota State and Georgetown are still talking to him but no official offer.   Dad was starting QB at UNC back in the early 90's and had some free agent tryouts in NFL.  So good blood lines.  Be interesting to see if UND pulls the trigger or not. 

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1508037/highlights/171099380

2015 Pomona quarterback Justin Roberts picks up first offer.

Earlier this week 2015 Pomona quarterback Justin Roberts gained his first offer coming from Southwest Minnesota State. Roberts had a great season helping his Pomona Panthers to a 9-3 record and a quarterfinal berth in playoffs.  For the season Roberts hit on 66% of his passes for 1,659 yards and thirteen scores against only three interceptions. 

At 6-4 195 pounds Roberts has great size, a good arm and solid athleticism.  Roberts’ game is made of strong feet in the pocket and he is especially adept throwing in multiple situations from multiple platforms.  Roberts’ mechanics, pocket awareness and understanding of the game were key to his very high completion rate this season. 

Beyond the Southwest Minnesota offer Roberts is hearing from Washburn, CSU-Pueblo, North Dakota, Georgetown, San Diego and Drake.  Wake Forest has also contacted, looking at Roberts as a preferred walk-on. In January Roberts will take visits to Washburn and CSU-Pueblo. 

The Colorado QB - Pomona HS - Justin Roberts was offered by Southwest Minnesota State and Nebraska Kearney. He has not committed anywhere yet. Has visits scheduled to Washburn and CSU-Pueblo the D2 National Champs. North Dakota, South Dakota State and Georgetown are still talking to him but no official offer. Dad was starting QB at UNC back in the early 90's and had some free agent tryouts in NFL. So good blood lines. Be interesting to see if UND pulls the trigger or not.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1508037/highlights/171099380

2015 Pomona quarterback Justin Roberts picks up first offer.

Earlier this week 2015 Pomona quarterback Justin Roberts gained his first offer coming from Southwest Minnesota State. Roberts had a great season helping his Pomona Panthers to a 9-3 record and a quarterfinal berth in playoffs. For the season Roberts hit on 66% of his passes for 1,659 yards and thirteen scores against only three interceptions.

At 6-4 195 pounds Roberts has great size, a good arm and solid athleticism. Roberts’ game is made of strong feet in the pocket and he is especially adept throwing in multiple situations from multiple platforms. Roberts’ mechanics, pocket awareness and understanding of the game were key to his very high completion rate this season.

Beyond the Southwest Minnesota offer Roberts is hearing from Washburn, CSU-Pueblo, North Dakota, Georgetown, San Diego and Drake. Wake Forest has also contacted, looking at Roberts as a preferred walk-on. In January Roberts will take visits to Washburn and CSU-Pueblo.

Yep, that's the guy. My bad I thought I read somewhere he committed already.

Could there be a better situation for him then to come here - redshirt for year and let the knee recover and then be competing for a starting job. In my opinion you can never have enough QB's on a roster - typically they are some of the best athletes and can move positions if needed.

Of note. Mikey Daniels of South Dakota favorites a lot of Maurice's tweets in recruiting. I'm hoping we still have some room for him. I would guess he's waiting on something from Nebraska as he has a lot of Twitter action with them. But him and Olivera could be a good tandem in the future. Also getting the second best player out of South Dakota couldn't hurt recruiting any im guessing.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Michael-Daniel-148656

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1335399/michael-daniel

We have to get him. 

Also, I know the assumption is that Maurice's tweet was about Ja'Won Arrington but any chance it is about Kyree Hollis? I didn't see him on UAB's actual roster but believe he went there and he is following a bunch of different UND coaches.

We have to get him.

Also, I know the assumption is that Maurice's tweet was about Ja'Won Arrington but any chance it is about Kyree Hollis? I didn't see him on UAB's actual roster but believe he went there and he is following a bunch of different UND coaches.

I did some digging and it looks to me as if Hollis is going to Umass. Can't find anything to confirm that though.

We have to get him.

I don't think there's enough solid info public to know who it is 100% but I know for sure Arrington was suppose to be on campus with Rabb. That is why I'm leaning towards Arrington.

I also think Daniels is going to be a good player and if we get him I think that would be the extent of RBs for us. With Simmons, potentially Arrington, Olivera, Santiago, Sharp (who I think has the potential to leave) and Daniels gives us a lot more options than we're had before. Though I could see one of the potentially 3 Freshman red shirting and bringing in one more JUCO.