SiouxSports.com Forum

UND and the Big Sky could go FBS

SiouxVolley

14 minutes ago, zonadub said:

The end result -winning the war - is correct. The frontal assault on Berlin is correct.

the submarine victory in Tokyo is not the right battle. It took a couple more years to end it. (SV's stated date is 2018)

the war being won - the goal - was correct. So, I would contend that the prediction was (would be) correct.

again, personally, I think it is a long shot at best, but, speaking of long shots, who would have bet that UND would get a Big Sky invite after NDSU had been turned down (twice!?) ?

by the way, for all the bison posters out there, iirc, SV has always said NDSU would be invited to join an FBS Big Sky.

The end result is predictable...there are only two options.  Win/Lose.  Very easy to say "The allies will win."  Claiming a 1943 victory would make the projection very very wrong. I could say the Steelers will win the Super Bowl in 2017.  If they don't win this upcoming season...I would be wrong(and sad).  If they win in 2018, I am still wrong(and happy)...if they win in 2019..I am still wrong(and happy).

5 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

The end result is predictable...there are only two options.  Win/Lose.  Very easy to say "The allies will win."  Claiming a 1943 victory would make the projection very very wrong. I could say the Steelers will win the Super Bowl in 2017.  If they don't win this upcoming season...I would be wrong(and sad).  If they win in 2018, I am still wrong(and happy)...if they win in 2019..I am still wrong(and happy).

Except that you are comparing predictions about annual sporting events to the outcome of a single, long term event. Not in any way comparable.

36 minutes ago, Gothmog said:

So, asking for evidence is "heckling?" I'd be happy to accept SV's theories ... if he would provide evidence. So far, he's been unable to do so.

I thought it was "entertainment".
Do you ask Jesse Ventura for evidence when you watch "Conspiracy Theory" too? :)

1 hour ago, Herd said:

The FCS Pioneer League has a Champion, plays good FCS teams, gets a Playoff berth, and has a chance to go undefeated with the right schedule.   It is essentially what the Big Sky would be if FBS, and is an example of why teams are required to join existing conferences at the FBS level.

What's to say a team gets invited to an existing FBS conference and struggles just as mightily there as any team (even the winner) in an upstart FBS conference? 

10 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I thought it was "entertainment".
Do you ask Jesse Ventura for evidence when you watch "Conspiracy Theory" too? :)

Yes, I find Sioux Volley to be very entertaining. Jesse, not so much. 

In the very first post of this thread, asked bizon trolls to kindly not post in it, but to no avail.

To many UND fans, the idea of going FBS is so foreign to them, that it is unthinkable.  

But bozoville has been talking and making plans for FBS for years.  If UND fans do, that is somehow forbidden and breaks a sacrosanct pact among the selves, as only bizons should be allowed to talk like that.  Bozoville will allow SDSU to talk FBS, but only if SDSU follows their lead.  

Bozoville will grant UND that it has hockey, which is a niche sport in Fargo and everywhere but Grand Forks and Canada. 

Adding hockey is also a taboo subject on bozoville.

We have to be educated on bozoville's taboos, otherwise the inundation will continue.

The Muslims have sharia law, and the bizons have bozo law to be compliant with.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

14 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

And you have some strange Shemitah Law...looks like everyone has their own lunacy they adhere to.

29 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

In the very first post of this thread, asked bizon trolls to kindly not post in it, but to no avail.

To many UND fans, the idea of going FBS is so foreign to them, that it is unthinkable.  

But bozoville has been talking and making plans for FBS for years.  If UND fans do, that is somehow forbidden and breaks a sacrosanct pact among the selves, as only bizons should be allowed to talk like that.  Bozoville will allow SDSU to talk FBS, but only if SDSU follows their lead.  

Bozoville will grant UND that it has hockey, which is a niche sport in Fargo and everywhere but Grand Forks and Canada. 

We have to be educated on bozoville's taboos, otherwise the inundation will continue.

You know sometimes your posts at least seem to make sense. This isn't one of those times.

13 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

And you have some strange Shemitah Law...looks like everyone has their own lunacy they adhere to.

Shemitah is just acknowledging and accepting the Heavenly Father's grace and everything will be fine.

The stock market took a bad tumble starting last September as predicted by some rabbi's, like Jonathon Cahn, did it not.

The trolls here are more like Al Queda, the Taliban, and Isis in words, but not deeds, than you will admit.

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

What's to say a team gets invited to an existing FBS conference and struggles just as mightily there as any team (even the winner) in an upstart FBS conference? 

Every conference has a bottom of the barrel team.  The NCAA would not want a bottom of the barrel conference.  They told the CAA no when it was a pretty good conf. 

10 minutes ago, Herd said:

Every conference has a bottom of the barrel team.  The NCAA would not want a bottom of the barrel conference.  They told the CAA no when it was a pretty good conf. 

west of the Mississippi is a little different than the east...there is room for one more FBS conference and its a conference that is currently a FBS conference with no FB playing schools....Western Athletic Conference.

1 hour ago, SiouxVolley said:

You mention ndsu and disparage ndsu in 95% of your posts, practically begging for ndsu folks to respond to you.  You are the ultimate troll, and the single reason bison folks post here.   Please Don't pretend that it somehow bothers you. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

17 minutes ago, Herd said:

The NCAA has said the WAC has FBS status, even though it has no members.  Can't get any lower in the barrel than that. 

2 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

west of the Mississippi is a little different than the east...there is room for one more FBS conference and its a conference that is currently a FBS conference with no FB playing schools....Western Athletic Conference.

13 minutes ago, Herd said:

UMass, ODU, and Georgia St chose to accept FBS bids to other conferences.  The NCAA does not allow the CAA to elevate itself to FBS unless it can get eight FBS teams to join.  The WAC can already invite to FBS, even though it's not even now an FCS conference.

The Sun Belt elevated itself to an FBS conference, as the NCAA allowed it at the time.  Ten years later they outlawed similar circumstances, but they never too the WAC ability to make FBS schools.  Wonder why?  But bozoville always has said they would only settle for the MWC, so stick with that goal.

7 minutes ago, Herd said:

You mention ndsu and disparage ndsu in 95% of your posts, practically begging for ndsu folks to respond to you.  You are the ultimate troll, and the single reason bison folks post here.   Please Don't pretend that it somehow bothers you. 

Maybe 25% of my posts.  Was trying to be nice and get you an invite to the Big Sky / WAC but you construe that as hate speech.

The idea that UND has an option to go FBS sends you trolls into a tizzy.

25 minutes ago, Herd said:

Once again, when was the CAA ever an FBS football conference previously?

Maybe 25% of my posts.  Was trying to be nice and get you an invite to the Big Sky / WAC but you construe that as hate speech.

The idea that UND has an option to go FBS sends you trolls into a tizzy.

You have that power?

2 hours ago, Herd said:

And The Big Sky Conference told ndsu no when it was a pretty good athletics program.....twice.

I'm not saying anything in this thread is imminent....only that things can change....fast.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, JohnboyND7 said:

You have that power?

The trolls are warning us in this thread that FBS for us is all an illusion set forth by me.  

In the mean time, they are discussing a new Fargo built FBS stadium and attached arena to the Fargo dome that would get them into the Big 12.  They deny that the Big12 dream is an illusion, but this thread is.

If I used proper grammar and meaning, I was just trying to be nice and warn NDSU fans that an FBS WAC will form and eventually they might offer NDSU, if their fans survive the resultant Fargo-centered apocalypse of UND going to FBS first.

The trolls are warning us in this thread that FBS for us is all an illusion set forth by me.  

In the mean time, they are discussing a new Fargo built FBS stadium and attached arena to the Fargo dome that would get them into the Big 12.  They deny that the Big12 dream is an illusion, but this thread is.

If I used proper grammar and meaning, I was just trying to be nice and warn NDSU fans that an FBS WAC will form and eventually they might offer NDSU, if their fans survive the resultant Fargo-centered apocalypse of UND going to FBS first.

What does outer space smell like?  wow

42 minutes ago, bison73 said:

What does outer space smell like?  wow

Dude, get a spacesuit and someone with a brain to help you.  Your body will explode like an Isis suicide bomber if you go out to deep space without a suit, like you have done on this thread and others.

On the other hand, it smells like sausage guts, so you might like it.