SiouxSports.com Forum

UND and the Big Sky could go FBS

SiouxVolley

2 hours ago, supersioux said:

I believe that is the goal but the Big Sky must ok it!

And the Summit

UND can't just declare they are joining a conference, there has to be an invite. Considering the buddy buddy relationship between Faison and Douple, this is not a given  

really hope this is not the goal.

2 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

This is off topic but relevant.  For years, I've been pushing a stock called Sarepta  (SRPT) to family and friends that has an anti-sense approach to treating genetic diseases at the RNA level.  Today, their first drug for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy was approved, which allows DMD kids to actually form muscle tissue and avert a death sentence and maybe live like kids with Beckers MD, a milder form that allows them a much longer life span.  The Duchenne kids would lose the ability to form any muscle tissue at age 8 and would die because their bodies would not breath and their heart couldn't hardly beat as no new Dystrophin muscle tissue would form.  The kids on this new drug are still walking after five years, which was unheard of, but the FDA bureaucrats didn't want to approve it because their study didn't have kids on placebo that died as proof that the drug worked.  Today, the kids won, which I am so thankful for.

Those that believed me and perservered have been truly blessed, as SRPT is up 80% today, and up 500% for the year, in time for the Jubilee.  

This whole topic might seem anti-sensical to this forum, but I believe there is sense in anti-sense technology.   IN this case, the Big Sky and WAC will realign and the WAC schools will have an FBS opportunity if they choose.  This will happen soon, and Kennedy is getting the IAC to approve it.  Tennis will be dropped and travel to the Southwest will no longer be conference travel.

I hope you scored enough to build a new football stadium. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Siouxphan27 said:

I hope you scored enough to build a new football stadium. 

Would love to give a stadium, but right now it would probably be made of legos. A partial scholarship endowment is probable, but maybe not for fb.

But my main point was that I thought Sarepta's drug was a sure thing, but it happened much later than what I originally thought. Most of the talking heads on CNBC and elsewhere said SRPT had no chance but totally disagreed with them and stood my ground with money on the line.  The same thing holds true for UND going to the WAC and then FBS.  All the talking heads are so clueless, like the trolls and other message boards. It will happen, but FBS will happen much later than I originally thought.  God is good, all the time.

On 9/8/2016 at 3:42 PM, SiouxVolley said:

Next week Montana has scheduled a press conference next week to show  a new athletic finances study.

It must be news worthy as they wouldn't schedule a press conference.

In 2011, Denver Pioneers people said the Montanas almost moved to the WAC.

Could Montana be the first to move to the WAC, which will give it the right to go FBS Later?

Idaho, Montana, and MSU seem to like UND's potential, as Idaho wanted us in the BSC or else their contract to move was void.

Those schools one would think would want to partner with NDSU to go FBS.  But instead they have chosen UND.  Maybe their President know more about UND's possible donors than we do.

A Montana move to the WAC even without FBS now would set off an earthquake in the Big Sky.

A WAC and Big Sky FCS divisions.  Divisions have been talked about by everyone in the Big Sky.  This might be the moment.

BTW, October 4th ends Rosh Hashanah, which is the end of this Jubilee year.

Corresponding, there are a lot of financial reports that the dollar may no longer be the world currency on Sept 30th.  Instead, a new world currency that has not yet been issued will replace the dollar as the key currency in the world and that currency would be issued and controlled by the IMF.  Obama wants the rest of the world to catch up, so he wont confront the IMF.  If this happens, gold could go to record levels, and US markets would see a marked reduction, especially banks.  Much of my portfolio consists of gold and silver mines, which I will sell probably next year and buy stocks that have been vastly reduced.

What was said in this meeting?

I can't remember where the committee discussion is at but in the Herald article today Faison as quoted as saying he has been in contact with three conferences about UND's affiliation.  

I had thought Big Sky, MVFC and Summit but it was also stated those conferences wouldn't discuss membership in a "new" conference until February.  

Athletics Director Brian Faison told the committee he has been in contact with three conferences about UND's affiliation. The other leagues likely would not discuss potential for UND's membership in a new conference until February, said Daniella Irle, deputy director of athletics.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/news/education/4118652-und-athletics-committee-asks-scenarios-involving-sport-cuts

Three? Really? Three? Summit. MVFC. Would they count the BSC as a third they've "been in contact" with? That really doesn't make sense to say it that way, does it. So what's the third? 

In this case, I suspect "new" means "different". 

26 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

http://www.grandforksherald.com/news/education/4118652-und-athletics-committee-asks-scenarios-involving-sport-cuts

Three? Really? Three? Summit. MVFC. Would they count the BSC as a third they've "been in contact" with? That really doesn't make sense to say it that way, does it. So what's the third? 

In this case, I suspect "new" means "different". 

Would assume that the 3 conferences he has been talking to are the Big Sky, Summit, and the MVFC.  I really don't see the Valley expanding at this time.  But who knows.  The Summit would take us in a second.  Makes the conference 10, and you have a travel partner with NDSU.  I think that UND has the best chance to try to become a football affiliate in the Big Sky and Summit for the rest of its sports.  

I like how everyone assumes its the mvfc and summit that kenndey is talking about...why isn't everyone talking about how it would save soooo much money if the old wcha is brought back (which is like the old ncc being the mvfc)...maybe that is what kenndy is talking about "conference affiliation" and maybe its why asu wasn't allowed into the nchc because the increased travel costs???  taking a bus to bemdiji, Mankato, and Houghton would save und tons of money on travel...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

20 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

I like how everyone assumes its the mvfc and summit that kenndey is talking about...why isn't everyone talking about how it would save soooo much money if the old wcha is brought back (which is like the old ncc being the mvfc)...maybe that is what kenndy is talking about "conference affiliation" and maybe its why asu wasn't allowed into the nchc because the increased travel costs???  taking a bus to bemdiji, Mankato, and Houghton would save und tons of money on travel...

Paying $1.5 million to leave the conference wouldn't save much though.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

So you really think that leaving the NCHC to rejoin the WCHA is something that UND is actually considering?!!  Ummm.......ok??

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

headline from the herald the other day..."und back to d2?"....I guess anything is on the table...

Some idiotic committee member made that suggestion.  It is obviously the dumbest solution to the problem and Faison has already said that it is not an option.  So everything is not on the table.  

If UND wants to make significant cust sto its budget that will affect it every year, travel costs are a great way to do that.  Joining the Summit in all sports but Football will drastically cut those costs.  Like the Summit or not, that is the most viable option.  Making 4 flights out west for football is a heck of a lot cheaper than making 40 flights to the west coast for all the other sports!

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Some idiotic committee member made that suggestion.  It is obviously the dumbest solution to the problem and Faison has already said that it is not an option.  So everything is not on the table.  

If UND wants to make significant cust sto its budget that will affect it every year, travel costs are a great way to do that.  Joining the Summit in all sports but Football will drastically cut those costs.  Like the Summit or not, that is the most viable option.  Making 4 flights out west for football is a heck of a lot cheaper than making 40 flights to the west coast for all the other sports!

yes Faison might have said that but he has been neutered by the kenndey so his word doesn't mean much...til I hear kenndey say that the NSIC is NOT an option, it is still an option imo...

Some of you may want to back off on calling the Summit Conference the "Slummit."  UND very well may be a part of that conference...maybe sooner than we think (and no, I have no inside knowledge.)  There is nothing wrong with the Summit Conference.  It is not a revolving door as some like to say.  It may have been at one time, but since the Dakota schools entered it has stabilized. There are many positives to being in the Summit.  Not saying the Big Sky is bad to be in as there are many positives that conference as well.  It's up to Kennedy to determine which one is the best fit, I wouldn't be surprised if The Summit turns out to be the answer.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, dmksioux said:

Some of you may want to back off on calling the Summit Conference the "Slummit."  UND very well may be a part of that conference...maybe sooner than we think (and no, I have no inside knowledge.)  There is nothing wrong with the Summit Conference.  It is not a revolving door as some like to say.  It may have been at one time, but since the Dakota schools entered it has stabilized. There are many positives to being in the Summit.  Not saying the Big Sky is bad to be in as there are many positives that conference as well.  It's up to Kennedy to determine which one is the best fit, I wouldn't be surprised if The Summit turns out to be the answer.

I guess it depends on what you would call a revolving door?  if it means people/schools come and go like as they like...yeah the scummit would be comparable to a revolving door.