SiouxSports.com Forum

UND and the Big Sky could go FBS

SiouxVolley

9 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

you think the crowds are bad on a thursday night the betty against montana...imagine the roaring crowds against the mastdons of iupuipu of indiana????  that will cost moe than "thousands"

You're comparing the best BSC school to the worst Slummit school. Sdsu usd and ndsu would all result in more fans at the Betty than Montana. Omaha would probably be a similar crowd to Montana and wiu and the Indiana alphabet soups would be similar to the rest of the BSC not named Montana or Weber. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Yep, and its only for mobile devices. Had it been an app for Roku, Apple TV, Etc. I would have been impressed.

I can even get the mobile app to work, as soon as I open it, I get an error and it closes.

It seems like someone should have told them it's a Jubilee year. This won't suffice.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

you think the crowds are bad on a thursday night the betty against montana...imagine the roaring crowds against the mastdons of iupuipu of indiana????  that will cost moe than "thousands"

Each conference has its dogs.  Although I will admit - IUPUI has too many letters and sounds too funny to be taken seriously.   

4 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

You're comparing the best BSC school to the worst Slummit school. Sdsu usd and ndsu would all result in more fans at the Betty than Montana. Omaha would probably be a similar crowd to Montana and wiu and the Indiana alphabet soups would be similar to the rest of the BSC not named Montana or Weber. 

couple years back sdsu came here and we blew them out...same 1200 cotton tops watching...when usd was with us in the gwc the same 1000 cotton tops were there...the sodak schools don't really bring the fans out in droves....the ndac yes but we already play them in non conference games every year anyways...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, mksioux said:

Each conference has its dogs.  Although I will admit - IUPUI has too many letters and sounds too funny to be taken seriously.   

I wonder if after graduating and taking out student loans their IU-PU-I alumni don't call it IU-PU-IOU. 

• Upvote 1

Jerry Falwell Jr has said publicly on campus at Liberty, that Liberty will get an FBS invite within two months.

Liberty can't get their phones answered by the Sunbelt, which doesn't want them.

JMU would get in well before Liberty if CUSA or the MAC were looking.  The AAC and the MWC wouldn't look at FCS schools.

But,

Liberty was talking with the WAC and trying to get a bid back in 2011.  The WAC will need ten FCS teams all transitioning to FBS at the same time.  Liberty could get an affiliate FBS membership from the WAC, and they would pay some pretty big coin for the right to it.  Liberty now has 80k students, mostly online, so they are cash rich.  FBS would be viewed as advertising expenses for them.  They would have to participate in a WAC FCS league to officially say that have an FBS bid.

Liberty to get an FBS offer in mere months

9 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

No comments on how Liberty will go FBS?  The only foreseeable way that Liberty could get an FBS bid within months is the WAC, and somehow that isn't news here.  

Forgive me for being right all along, when the trolls and naysayers said I was full of it.

There's nothing indicating a WAC FBS for anyone, including Liberty. I'll hold the applause until there is. 

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

is there a difference between liberty and baylor when it comes to their relgious activities?  seems like you never hear anything about baylor but if someone says liberty is a candidate for fbs they say oooohhh their a bunch of reglious bigots???

Both Baylor and Liberty are Southern Baptist institutions, but Southern Baptists arent very chained to church hierarchies, as are many other Protestant denominations.  Some people just hate Jerry Falwell's legacy, and they maintain that against Liberty U.  Baylor is more mainstream in its teachings by SBC standards, but clearly not almost totally secular as TCU and SMU.

Baylor has plenty of haters too, but not as vocal.  Brittney Griner's sexuality didn't stop her from attending Baylor.  Liberty may have a much more strict student code, but not like BYU's.

Personally wouldn't send kids to Liberty, but their are some very good people there.  Kids that go there almost always return as better and more complete well rounded adults IMHO.  Of course their are exceptions.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

Which proves my FBS point, as the WAC used to be one.

Key words "use to be."

The Big Sky having an app proves nothing. Having an app makes it easier to access Big Sky sports on your phone, since everyone for the most part has smart phones. The Big Sky has a Twitter account that must mean they are going FBS.

7 minutes ago, cberkas said:

Key words "use to be."

The Big Sky having an app proves nothing. Having an app makes it easier to access Big Sky sports on your phone, since everyone for the most part has smart phones. The Big Sky has a Twitter account that must mean they are going FBS.

Well all FBS conferences do have Twitter. Therefore 1+1=potato.

53 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

As if an FBS conference doesn't have an app.

I ve been wrong on the timing, but won't be wrong on the substance.

Youre trying to hang your hat on an app?  After all the flatulating BS youve been espousing youre trying to say you were right about an app? :silly:

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

No comments on how Liberty will go FBS?  The only foreseeable way that Liberty could get an FBS bid within months is the WAC, and somehow that isn't news here.  

Forgive me for being right all along, when the trolls and naysayers said I was full of it.

Who cares about Liberty? Hence no its not news worthy. 

FYI Youre still full of it. Why would you think that fact had changed?

5 minutes ago, bison73 said:

Who cares about Liberty? Hence no its not news worthy. 

FYI Youre still full of it. Why would you think that fact had changed?

I've been waiting on you trolls to say how Liberty is going to get an invite to FBS in a few months.  Still waiting ...

You don't have an answer so you accuse me of being full of it, when you just hate anything UND related.

6 minutes ago, dakotadan said:

But the BSC was announcing a new app. Not the WAC. How this that proof of an FBS WAC? 

Well obviously the current WAC schools willingly leaving the WAC for the BSC hinged on the BSC completion of a mobile app. Now the last hurdle is out of the way. 

;)

• Upvote 1