SiouxSports.com Forum

UND and the Big Sky could go FBS

SiouxVolley

1 hour ago, UNDBIZ said:

I didn't say I wanted to. It's just a likely conclusion to cut costs. 

The Slummit would withdraw any offer if it was publically evaluated by a facuty committee.  A President needs to accept or reject an offer in private without media.  The only committee that would be involved is a high dollar Foundation committee, and that wouldn't be broadcasted in the media.

A WAC / Big Sky realignment wouldn't have those rules.  The IAC would not take the southwest choice, even if a presumed Plains / Northern Rockies WAC signaled it would go FBS.  There is still time to leave the WAC and go to the Slummit if UND doesn't want to go FBS by 2020.

The IAC would axe tennis when the WAC is chosen.  Not on campus, not required by the WAC and expensive to fund a competitive team with foreign scholarships.  

21 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

So bozoville hasn't been bad mouthing the Big Fluffy since NDSU was rejected several times?

What does that have to with you guys looking for a conference?We arent having to look for a new conference. You are. Nice try sparky. LOL

Youve been bad mouthing the Summit for years but now that conference could save your bacon. Oh the irony.

• Upvote 1

On 9/5/2016 at 10:44 PM, bison73 said:

What does that have to with you guys looking for a conference?We arent having to look for a new conference. You are.

We're not looking. It's called a full review. Asking internally "Are we in the right conference?" is not the same as actively looking for a new one. 

40 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

We're not looking. It's called a full review. Asking internally "Are we in the right conference?" is not the same as actively looking for a new one. 

Of course you are correct. 

So what happens to SVs prediction of UND going FBS  if you arent in th BSC anymore? He has ponificated for how long that NDSU would have to join the BSC and follow UND to go FBS.  Kind of throws a wrench in that prediction doesnt it. :D

• Upvote 1

On September 5, 2016 at 10:16 PM, SiouxVolley said:

A WAC / Big Sky realignment wouldn't have those rules.  The IAC would not take the southwest choice, even if a presumed Plains / Northern Rockies WAC signaled it would go FBS.  There is still time to leave the WAC and go to the Slummit if UND doesn't want to go FBS by 2020.

Shocking that a committee looking into a budget shortfall and looking for ways to cut expenses would nix a move up to FBS with elevated expense and no viable way to increase revenues with such a move. And you can tell me all you want that a move to FBS will not increase expenses  much, and I will tell you if it doesn't, you aren't doing it correctly. 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

Shocking that a committee looking into a budget shortfall and looking for ways to cut expenses would nix a move up to FBS with elevated expense and no viable way to increase revenues with such a move. And you can tell me all you want that a move to FBS will not increase expenses  much, and I will tell you if it doesn't, you aren't doing it correctly. 

As I stated numerous times, an FBS move would be dependent on a major stadium upgrade with fancy suites and more seats that would grow revenue, just like the REA did for hockey.  But you bizon trolls are not interested in hearing or even contemplating about a major gift to UND, that is clear.   A stadium upgrade is needed for UND to go FBS.  If that isn't clear by know, you trolls are illiterate or worse.

If UND doesn't have a mjor gift coming, then they should consider the MVFC, which hasn't offered and probably wont.

39 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

As I stated numerous times, an FBS move would be dependent on a major stadium upgrade with fancy suites and more seats that would grow revenue, just like the REA did for hockey.  But you bizon trolls are not interested in hearing or even contemplating about a major gift to UND, that is clear.   A stadium upgrade is needed for UND to go FBS.  If that isn't clear by know, you trolls are illiterate or worse.

If UND doesn't have a mjor gift coming, then they should consider the MVFC, which hasn't offered and probably wont.

So you are saying that the NCAA isnt going to change the rules to allow UND to go FBS like you predicted?

• Upvote 2

51 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

Why do you keep bringing up a major gift? You have no knowledge of such. So why should we contemplate it? Your situation doesnt lend itself to a move to FBS.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

No, you can't get off that easy. UND to FBS was supposed to be a done deal. You can't now say that it was predicated on a "major" donation (whatever that means) all along. The deal is either done or it isn't. So, it's time for you to answer this direct question or STFU: do you really believe that there is a done deal in place to move UND up to FBS or not?

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Gothmog said:

No, you can't get off that easy. UND to FBS was supposed to be a done deal. You can't now say that it was predicated on a "major" donation (whatever that means) all along. The deal is either done or it isn't. So, it's time for you to answer this direct question or STFU: do you really believe that there is a done deal in place to move UND up to FBS or not?

""Fullerton doesn't have the final say with the Big Sky. The Board of Directors does, which is Big Sky Presidents. Fullerton essentially told Big Sky Presidents that we're going FBS whether you like it nor not. If you don't, you can go FCS among the few remaining (looking at Suu, UNC,NAU, Weber, Isu)."""

Fullerton can only say such a thing if be knows he has the backing of the majority of Presidents. If he has the support of only a few, he would be fired. Pretty simple.

According to this quote from him I would say yes.  I can find more of the same if this doesnt jog his memory.:)

On 8/23/2016 at 2:41 AM, SiouxVolley said:

One other thing:  the art of negotiation doesn't include making statements to the press on what you want before it's negotiated. That is an absolutely foolish thing to do if you want a bargain prices.  Kennedy knows that, as he is not negotiating, but merely putting a rubber stamp on a move too the WAC with a committee.  If he truly wanted another conference like the MVFC or Slummit, he would keep his mouth shut and not send out public emails broadcasting negotiations.

The WAC isn't a negotiation, as it has already happened.

I like this one also

On 2/10/2016 at 3:42 PM, SiouxVolley said:

His retiring does not change a thing.  It shows that a plan is more than one person agreeing.

Then why did he say he gave up on it because he couldnt sell it? :)

Do I need to find that quote for you also?

Youre batting average isnt very good.

On September 1, 2016 at 1:20 PM, The Sicatoka said:

It's on statewide, just not free OTA television. 

https://www.midco.com/about/service-areas/ 

Its on statewide tv except for the towns not covered by midco in the link above, except for those that didn't pay to upgrade to digital tv boxes in the communities in the link above, except for the rural residents with no cable option, except for dish network subscribers, except for direct tv subscribers, and except for cord cutters who use ota to get their tv. 

Thats a lot of exceptions so if they can still claim statewide tv, something doesn't seem right.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, bison73 said:

""Fullerton doesn't have the final say with the Big Sky. The Board of Directors does, which is Big Sky Presidents. Fullerton essentially told Big Sky Presidents that we're going FBS whether you like it nor not. If you don't, you can go FCS among the few remaining (looking at Suu, UNC,NAU, Weber, Isu)."""

Fullerton can only say such a thing if be knows he has the backing of the majority of Presidents. If he has the support of only a few, he would be fired. Pretty simple.

According to this quote from him I would say yes.  I can find more of the same if this doesnt jog his memory.:)

There isn't any doubt that he's said it's a done deal many times. The question is did he really believe it at the time and does he believe it now? I think the answer is no, he didn't believe it then, and he doesn't believe it now. Let's see if he's willing to be truthful.