SiouxSports.com Forum

Tamboleavi

Frozen4sioux

Biz - I was compairing Miller & Kristo to each other NOW. I'm a fan of the Rangers so I follow both of them pretty close. I was hoping the Kristo would get a shot right away at the beginning of the year. But his play away from the puck was not as strong defensively. Miller was stronger on the boards. Miller seems to be the bubble boy for the Rangers this year, and Kristo will probably be right behind him.

Now Kristo is leading the Wolfpack in points and goals, very much how Nelson did for the Sound Tigers last year. If he keeps scoring goals, he'll get his call up sooner or later.

Just because he is leading the Wolfpack does not mean he will ever play higher. If you go through the AHL teams or just a lot of different players who did great in the AHL that never played at all in the NHL. Just like great ECHL players never going higher or any type of league for that matter. Kristo has this year and next mostly to prove he can play higher. After that it is the A or Europe for him.

Miller also got his signing bonus the day he inked his deal. If you can get the rookie max deal or darn close, you'd be crazy not to take the money and skip college. You'd be crazier to blow the money thinking its all going to be champagne and caviar.

I know that there are people who know more about taxes here than I do but I do not think he took his bonus in a lump some that day.

...but what ever happened to wanting to come to UND to win a national title? Sick of UND being a bargaining chip or a stop on the road for these kids. As a fan, I would much rather have green banners accumulate instead of guys playing in the NHL.

Could not agree more. Get back to recruiting guys who want to win titles while IN Grand Forks...not after they LEAVE Grand Forks.

• Upvote 2

Just because he is leading the Wolfpack does not mean he will ever play higher. If you go through the AHL teams or just a lot of different players who did great in the AHL that never played at all in the NHL. Just like great ECHL players never going higher or any type of league for that matter. Kristo has this year and next mostly to prove he can play higher. After that it is the A or Europe for him.

Very true.

Brandon Bochenski is a good example of playing great in the A and not the N. The simple Peter Principle in action.

I don't think anybody is suggesting that Kristo will have a long career in the NHL simply because he is leading the Hartford Wolfpack in scoring. Most would just like to see him get a chance. It's not uncommon for a player to get a call up because he is leading his team in scoring, especially on team looking for offense like the Rangers have most of the season.
  • Upvote 1

I don't think anybody is suggesting that Kristo will have a long career in the NHL simply because he is leading the Hartford Wolfpack in scoring. Most would just like to see him get a chance. It's not uncommon for a player to get a call up because he is leading his team in scoring, especially on team looking for offense like the Rangers have most of the season.

They sure were last year.

Tram O'Leave, wouldn't have a clue what this means...

You will hear a lot of can't and a lot of won't, but you give it everything you can because you believe in yourself and your

teammates. You push yourself with your heart, mind and soul, and smile every night knowing you put love and passion into it. Thank you, Chicago. Luol Deng

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder who he blames for things "moving slowly". Obviously a world class facility with training facilities better than what some NHL teams have is no way to better your game.

Games. Just need to play games. Right Frattin?

Exactly, Frattin didn't have much of senior season so obviously jumping ship after an entire semester is understandable... :glare:

Honestly, I was upset at first but the more we hear from Hakstol, the team, and now Tambellini I'm so glad he's no longer part of this team. There's no room for the "what can you do for me" attitude, especially on this team.

• Upvote 1