SiouxSports.com Forum

Tamboleavi

Frozen4sioux

Its hard to watch his speech when they raised his number to the rafters because he's so humble to a fault. He kept saying that he didn't deserve the credit and the players and coaches should be the ones being recognized. The crowd at the Joe just wanted him to be honored but Yzerman being the player he is tried to deflect the praise.

He isn't my moniker on this site for nothing...love that guy

There isn't a better way to develop and improve. Guess he didn't think that was the case, and that scoring more in the CHL would get him to the NHL more quickly. We'll see.

I guess if it takes games to get his interest to try and improve and not full weeks of practice and weight training, etc, then I'm glad he's gone. Whats the old saying......the ones with success are doing things to get better with nobody watching?

Best Toews story I ever heard: (told by Mark Poolman at a coaches clinic I attended)

~Its after a tough WCHA weekend at the Ralph on a Saturday night after all the fans have gone and there are only a handful of people in the building. He's heading out (Poolman), when he sees a light on in the training room/weight room. He goes in and sees whats going on and he sees none other than Jon Toews on a bike, drenched in sweat going full speed by himself. He goes over and asks him "Jon, what in the world are you doing?" Toews tells him flat out that he isn't in good enough shape, and he had to get better.

Moral of this story. Things might have been moving slowly for Toews at the time, but he fixed it himself and didn't look for an excuse, or a way out. He's playing in the NHL, has a gold medal, two stanley cups, the list goes on.

• Upvote 1

He must be fast as all get out. He looks like the needle and the haystack or miracle player.

I don't see it with Tambellini.

That guy also put in 4 years in college and has an ivy league education.

Sorry. My post was in regard to this statement.

Tambellini will never see the ice in the NHL.

He is straight up NOT TALENTED ENOUGH, NOR DRAFTED HIGH ENOUGH.

Sorry kid, facts are stubborn things.

From the W to the A to Europe...

After his monstrous first game, he has racked up a whopping 1G and 1A and played minus 1 hockey over the subsequent 4 games.

I put up this player as an example of working toward a goal and achieving it. By the way, I had no idea who this guy was until I saw he was a second star in a NHL game, pretty surprised to see Brown University

After his monstrous first game, he has racked up a whopping 1G and 1A and played minus 1 hockey over the subsequent 4 games.

I put up this player as an example of working toward a goal and achieving it. By the way, I had no idea who this guy was until I saw he was a second star in a NHL game, pretty surprised to see Brown University

We aren't disagreeing then at all. My comments regarding Tambellini which you refer "not drafted high enough and not talented enough" refer to a player who is choosing a shorter, easier route, quitting from a lot of people's perspectives among other things.

Not talented nor drafted highly can still equal NHL with some luck as your anecdotal player exemplifies; certainly a ton of hard work and dedication, no short cuts, finding a role, having a unique package to fill that role, and NEVER QUITTING. Another more Sioux example is absolutely Matt Frattin.

Bitter? Get off the kids back. People make mistakes, maybe he'll realize he made one, maybe not.

One of the best rookies this year in the NHL and playing a top 6 center role for the Tampa Bay Lightning was undrafted and signed as an overager out of the CHL and he is Tyler Johnson.

Draft status has nothing to do with NHL success....

One of the best rookies this year in the NHL and playing a top 6 center role for the Tampa Bay Lightning was undrafted and signed as an overager out of the CHL and he is Tyler Johnson.

If you're drafted highly you have to prove to the ownership that you can't play. If you're undrafted or drafted late, you have to prove you can.

Not saying its a death sentence to not go in the first or second round, but your path is a lot easier, thus more forgiving of youthful indiscretions and poor choices.

One of many. It really is amazing ow many low draft picks end up as top players with long careers. Just as amazing as how many high picks flash and burn.

That Martin St Louis guy turned out to be quite a find for Tampa Bay too...he wasn't exactly a number 1 draft pick.