SiouxSports.com Forum

Tamboleavi

Frozen4sioux

I think it's selfish and bush league to leave mid-season (sorry, Mitch, but that includes you), unless you're failing the academic side. To do so when your team is already shorthandehed with injuries is even worse. And Brad confirmed it wasn't academics.

Yes, he only had 4 points in 16 games, but he was improving. And it's not like he wasn't getting any playing time.

I looked up the Calgary team to see their draft picks. One third rounder and a few seventh rounders. A few that were old enough to be drafted and were not. So what is playing with a bunch of 16, 17, and 18 year olds going to do for him? So he has half of this year and next year in the WHL and then off to the ECHL. Does anyone know why he went from Vernon to Surrey last year?

I looked up the Calgary team to see their draft picks. One third rounder and a few seventh rounders. A few that were old enough to be drafted and were not. So what is playing with a bunch of 16, 17, and 18 year olds going to do for him? So he has half of this year and next year in the WHL and then off to the ECHL. Does anyone know why he went from Vernon to Surrey last year?

He left because he is having a terrible season and they are in full blown panic mode regarding his development as a player. If he's sitting on a third line he's not developing at the rate the Rangers and his family want. If he goes to the WHL he most likely will do better given that he is playing against younger/less physically mature players. He will also get PP time up there. The falacy that those kids in the Dub don't work out and get bigger is a joke. However, the fact that he went against his word, left his team out to dry for not only this season, but next as well shows the character of this kid and his family. I don't knock anyone for going the CHL route if they so choose, however, I firmly believe that if you commit to a program you at least stay the year (or two) to get acclimated to that league. Both the CHL and NCAA routes are very good but leaving early January is a joke. This sounds terrible but I do not wish this kid the best.

Also, he was traded while in the BCHL.

• Upvote 3

Of note he is scheduled to play tonight..I highly suspect that this isn't something that developed today.

U would think possibly something that was discussed in BC with Hak Adam and family...shame they cant still add anybody...

Again what happened to that Ohmdahl that was in preseason wore #14

He left because he is having a terrible season and they are in full blown panic mode regarding his development as a player. If he's sitting on a third line he's not developing at the rate the Rangers and his family want. If he goes to the WHL he most likely will do better given that he is playing against younger/less physically mature players. He will also get PP time up there. The falacy that those kids in the Dub don't work out and get bigger is a joke. However, the fact that he went against his word, left his team out to dry for not only this season, but next as well shows the character of this kid and his family. I don't knock anyone for going the CHL route if they so choose, however, I firmly believe that if you commit to a program you at least stay the year (or two) to get acclimated to that league. Both the CHL and NCAA routes are very good but leaving early January is a joke. This sounds terrible but I do not wish this kid the best.

Also, he was traded while in the BCHL.

Question is why was he traded?

So if you are Hakstol, and you have two players of similar skills, one in traditional Major Junior territory, and one in non traditional Major Junior areas, I think you need to get the player more likely not to bolt, I don't care the connections to Canada. Max Coatta would have been a nice add at mid year had he not committed to Mankato.

Is it too late to bring in a recruit from the USHL before the semester starts?

Even if they are super talented, it may take a while to learn the systems and adjust to the college game. Was thinking of Jack Rowe in Fargo as a possibility because of age, but don't think he would add anything more than a Coltyn Sanderson, and who knows if he is still on the radar, even for next year.

This is the same bush-league move Derrick Byfuglien (Freshman D-Man from Roseau) pulled on us in 2000. Six games into his freshman season, he went whining and crying to Major Junior, complaining about lack of playing time. He also described himself as a "business man" making a "business decision". Well son, your career didn't amount to much, did it? Maybe if you had stuck around for two or three years, you might have developed into a solid defenseman. But no, you picked up your toys and went Major Junior. Just like Mr. Tambellini. :glare:

And, like with Mr. Byfuglien, I won't feel sorry for Mr. Tambellini if it doesn't work out for him. Goodbye and don't let your butt hit the door on the way out.