SiouxSports.com Forum

Tamboleavi

Frozen4sioux

When I first read that Tambellini had left the program, my first reaction was, "this sure is a kick in the nuts." However, upon reading everyone's posts here, plus the tone of Hak and Simpson's responses, I'm thinking that perhaps this can be addition by subtraction. Perhaps the remaining guys can use this as a positive motivator going forward into the second half.

Tambo isn't even close to the player brock was or is. You could see tambaleavi has some skills but some just don't have patience. See ya. UND players will move on and probably already have. Opens up a chance for somebody else!

• Upvote 1

Wow.....so if he would have given them even a week or so more notice.... left right away after semester instead of taking the free ride to BC and a canucks game.....

Hak could have brought somebody in with more time...

Classless move.

He's a kid. Kids make mistakes and learn from them. Get off his back and move on. Like the team has.

Some of y'all complaining about last weekend hurting recruiting need to take a look in the mirror and ask if criticism of student athletes on this board can affect it as well.

Now criticism of paid professionals...I see nothing wrong with that.

I just don't understand this. The Rangers said at the draft they expected him to be a 4 year college player. The 90% that do this end up playing some form of minor league hockey/overseas. when that's over, there's no education to fall back on. Seems like a panic move. If they are good enough, they will play in the NHL regardless of where they developed.

Maybe it wasn't a mistake? For those of you that think Nchc is a complete step above the whl....you may be mistaken.

Or maybe it's because he's now playing in a league of 15-20 year olds. The average freshman college hockey player is 20. Those few years can make a huge difference in physical maturity and difficulty to play against.

• Upvote 2

Chris Dilks@ChrisDilks

Adam Tambellini has 3 points two periods into his WHL career. Had 4 in 16 games at the NCAA level. It's not so bad dining at the kiddy table

First off, for those of you who think the Dub is a walk in the park you are clearly mistaken, however he may be playing with some skilled players. Also, most of you are correct that the players are younger. I am a huge backer of college hockey but to stay the WHL is a step down is 100% false. That league is absolutely littered with talent. Let the so called expert posters attempt to bash my comment now.

Also, style of play and linemates may have a lot to do with this.

Portland has 4 players that played in this past world junior tournament. I know that team didn't go too far but still. When is the last time und had 4 current players in the world junior tournament?

I can think of twice in recent history where we had 3- Murray, Stafford, and Parise then Oshie, Toews, and Chorney.

We've had an MVP (Parise) and 2 directorate all stars (Parise and Toews)

Or maybe it's because he's now playing in a league of 15-20 year olds. The average freshman college hockey player is 20. Those few years can make a huge difference in physical maturity and difficulty to play against.

Agree on your last sentence however there are more 19 and 20 year olds in that league. I don't believe there are any 15 year olds in the Dub. When players are granted exceptional player status (ohl) they typically are sure fire a top 3 NHL pick....that's talent that doesn't come around college (anymore).