SiouxSports.com Forum

Craig Bohl to Wyoming

UND99

Wow I'd like to see how that breaks down...I mean really over $1 million in total comp on a $190k salary is a lot. Makes the move more understandable though.

To me it looks like the University can't pay him that much so the bonus money is all private and not actually part of the Salary provided by the University.

His contract goes past this year. Chances are Bohl may want to stick around for bonus reasons. They host more games = higher attendance percentage. More playoff wins = more money.

Good point.

I actually kind of hope they win it all again. What the heck.

The Bison have you a bit snowed, They went from great teams in the early 80s in d2 to the present great FCS team with little to no success. UND during that period was winning and making the playoffs often in d2, they just did not win as many titles (just 1). UND's transition to FCS through the present is very similar to the Bison's, neither had much success and had poor records during that time. UND still has to prove it can get to a high level over the next few years, but there's no reason to think that can't happen.

In what world do you live in? Your saying UND's transition was as successful as NDSU's? WOW! Talk about delusional..... Which big fb win are to pointing to?
  • Upvote 1

In what world do you live in? Your saying UND's transition was as successful as NDSU's? WOW! Talk about delusional..... Which big fb win are to pointing to?

I wouldn't be as harsh but I agree with Dan. Records may be similar but there is more to those records. That said I am excited for UND football going forward. Lots to look forward too.

I agree to a point, we lost to Sioux Falls, went 3-8 and had no FBS wins, but on the other hand beat a ranked Cal Poly team and had exactly the same number of GWFC wins as NDSU (one). But that's in the past and the Muss era is over, and it's time to move on.

But its up to the coaches to prepare the players. So if Bohl and four or five of his assistants are headed to Laramie how much coaching time is going to be spent game-planning and coaching for the next round of the FCS playoffs versus recruiting for Wyoming/filling out the staff there etc.? I don't know about you, but I've seen some very good employees take their foot off the gas once they've given their notice. ;)

According to the presser WY told Bohl to take care of business and finish out the season. You can take over your duties when you get here.

which one are you pointing to?....kansas, csu, minnesota, ball state??? big time fbs schools if you ask me...

NDSU's transition was more successful than UND's; I hope that's not what we're arguing.

UND had Mussman led teams whereas NDSU's team were actually led by a competent coach in Bohl. UND's teams were average at best during the transition, and they only got worse once getting into the Big Sky.

I still in in disbelief that NDSU is going to let Bohl and his staff that he has offered to come with him continue coaching. Will be interesting to see how the recruiting class holds up.

I am too and am just as surprised that Wyoming doesn't want him on the job full time for what they are paying him.

which one are you pointing to?....kansas, csu, minnesota, ball state??? big time fbs schools if you ask me...

With all due respect, you're going to rip on NDSU for BEATING those FBS schools? Any of those teams puts 100 up on UND this season.

Wyoming has shown FCS how much more it takes to be FBS, regardless of the occasional NDSU over Kansas State, Appalachian State over Michigan, or Georgia Southern over Florida games happen.

Take a good look at UMass and their transition from FCS to FBS and what a disaster it has been for them. They envisioned being a rival to Boston College - they're closer to dropping back down to FCS or dumping football altogether than they are to being even a mediocre FBS team.

I still in in disbelief that NDSU is going to let Bohl and his staff that he has offered to come with him continue coaching. Will be interesting to see how the recruiting class holds up.

They really don't have much of a choice, they have a playoff game next week and if everybody leaves who would prepare them, they wouldn't have anybody with any real knowledge left if Bohl and his top 5 coaches left? They're fortunate Wyoming didn't push him to come immediately, although my gut says Bohl made that a sticking point in negotiations.

I am too and am just as surprised that Wyoming doesn't want him on the job full time for what they are paying him.

Bohl can't win either way. He's a Bison-traitor if he leaves before the end of the season and he's a carpet-bagger if he stays and finishes out the year.

My thought is that Bohl took the job insisting to Wyoming that if asked, he will stay at NDSU until their season is done. I give him credit for not running to Laramie and leaving his team in Fargo in the dust. And I hope the Bison win a third-straight title. Yea, a Sioux fan just said that.

I still in in disbelief that NDSU is going to let Bohl and his staff that he has offered to come with him continue coaching.

What other option did NDSU have? Let Bohl and his staff walk and have Wilbur, Oxbow6, and WYOBISONMAN take over the interim coaching reins on Monday?

There are 31 pages on fleece hats over in the hockey thread LOL.

And I wore mine today as I took half the neighborhood girls sledding...I'll give my black one to Bohl next time I see him at Starbucks as a nice departing gift! ;)