SiouxSports.com Forum

College Hockey 2013-2014 (Non-UND hockey)

Snake

Anyone notice the one Denver goal (happened right in front of us) where the puck was rung around the boards, just before going behind the net the puck shot straight out in front of the net to a Denver player and he shot it in?

They won by one?

Only bad bounce I seen on our end, seen several on the other end during all four games!

Article form the Strib: LINK

Alas, college sports revolve around money, TV networks and branding nowadays, and this split seemed inevitable once the Big Ten launched its network. Rivalries don’t rank high in that pecking order, no matter how much fans cling to their history and tradition.

Both conferences encountered some growing pains this weekend. Crowds on the first day of the Big Ten tournament were so sparse that officials could have counted attendance by hand. In one display of protest, a group of Gophers fans, including Jake John, unfurled a banner that read “B1G Mistake.”

So I was at my cousin's wedding in St Paul last night, said a little prayer as we drove by the X on the way to the reception. Then at the reception, I was talking to my other cousin, who is a UW alumni, and I explained our predicament, and he just calmly says, "The Badgers will get it done." And this was when they were down by 2 goals in the third. So it was a happy night for both sides at this wedding.

When will Denver and C. Springs get off their asses and bid for the regionals again?!?! Attendance at the regionals there was really good.

I don't see CC bidding on one until this ban on campus rinks is gone, yes I know World Arena isn't on campus.

Next time around at the X should have higher attendance. I know a lot of people that said they weren't going this year just to show their disapproval for the separation of the WCHA. I didn't agree with their view because if Detroit miraculously gets higher attendance the B1G will more than likely keep it there starting in year 5. Club level at the X was pretty full for most of the tournament, though.

Minnesota shouldn't have trouble with Robert Morris, but I did find it interesting they have the third best winning percentage in the country since the new year, behind only BC and Union. On January 1st Robert Morris was, I believe, 2-12-4 or something like that. I know they play in an awful conference, but a team playing good in college hockey can beat almost anyone during the time they're hot. Especially when Minnesota hasn't been playing too well recently. Shall be interesting

If people thought attendance sucked at the X, wait till next year at the Joe.

The fact that the conference officials took so much exception to the B1G Mistake sign and took it away is both humorous and concerning. I guess it struck a nerve. Of all the signs people get away with and this one gets confiscated speaks to the point that the new conferences are mistakes.

Next time around at the X should have higher attendance. I know a lot of people that said they weren't going this year just to show their disapproval for the separation of the WCHA. I didn't agree with their view because if Detroit miraculously gets higher attendance the B1G will more than likely keep it there starting in year 5. Club level at the X was pretty full for most of the tournament, though.

Minnesota shouldn't have trouble with Robert Morris, but I did find it interesting they have the third best winning percentage in the country since the new year, behind only BC and Union. On January 1st Robert Morris was, I believe, 2-12-4 or something like that. I know they play in an awful conference, but a team playing good in college hockey can beat almost anyone during the time they're hot. Especially when Minnesota hasn't been playing too well recently. Shall be interesting

They weren't going to the big10 conference tourney because they disapproved the disbanding of the wcha? Well Sioux fans showed up to Minneapolis. I know I know most of those fans live down there now. But 94 west was packed with Sioux fans on Friday. Could it be that goofy fans are just obsessed with und? Excitement lost? Too bad their coach had to crush it for them with their short term non conference scheduling.

They weren't going to the big10 conference tourney because they disapproved the disbanding of the wcha? Well Sioux fans showed up to Minneapolis. I know I know most of those fans live down there now. But 94 west was packed with Sioux fans on Friday. Could it be that goofy fans are just obsessed with und? Excitement lost? Too bad their coach had to crush it for them with their short term non conference scheduling.

"Yeah, it's not a healthy rivalry right now." (thanks Lucia-pet)

I didn't go because the whole thing pissed me off. Will go next time it's in town. Not sure why you think gopher fans are so obsessed with und, his post makes no mention of anything that might suggest that. Seems like und fans are upset with their new conference and somehow blame the gophers for that.

I didn't go because the whole thing pissed me off. Will go next time it's in town. Not sure why you think gopher fans are so obsessed with und, his post makes no mention of anything that might suggest that. Seems like und fans are upset with their new conference and somehow blame the gophers for that.

You're not sure why UND fans think gophers are obsessed with UND? I think the fact that gopher fans keep trolling Siouxsports is the main reason for that!

• Upvote 4

Just for the record, traffic was very happy on the way back on Sunday as well. Lots of cars leaving MPLS heading back up I-94 and there were a lot of UND fans at the Marriott as well.

And just think, double the number of Ohio State fans might show up. Hah....hahahaha....hahahahaha......

So 10?

....I don't know if I saw an Ohio State fan, actually :lol:. Other than the band. I only saw 2 Penn State fans. I saw about 20 older people wearing Iowa Hawkeyes (?!?!?) hockey jerseys. Very few Michigan State fans too. There were some Michigan fans but, as expected, it was mostly Minnesota and a pretty decent amount of Wisconsin.