SiouxSports.com Forum

College Hockey 2013-2014 (Non-UND hockey)

Snake

In the 33 year history of the award, only five Hobey Baker winners have led their team to the national championship:

Forward Tony Hrkac (North Dakota, 1987)

Forward Lane McDonald (Harvard, 1989)

Forward Paul Kariya (Maine, 1993)

Defenseman Jordan Leopold (Minnesota, 2002)

Defenseman Matt Gilroy (Boston University, 2009)

Seven other Hobey winners fell just short, falling in the title game:

Forward Neil Broten (Minnesota, 1981)

Defenseman Mark Fusco (Harvard, 1983)

Defenseman Tom Kurvers (Minnesota-Duluth, 1984)

Forward Scott Fusco (Harvard, 1986)

Forward Jason Krog (New Hampshire, 1999)

Defenseman Mike Mottau (Boston College, 2000)

Forward Blake Geoffrion (Wisconsin, 2010)

Dave

Adam Wilcox for Hobey!

• Upvote 3

Union is going to beat BC. My "take it to the bank" pick-of-the-day.

They're a clog it up kind of team. Those are the teams that give Minnesota and BC trouble. Rick Pizzo from BTN said a few weeks ago that Union is his pick to win it all and with the potential matchups that they have looming it's entirely possible.

I feel like tomorrow's UND-UM game is going to be lower scoring. My guess is that UND is going to try slow the game down and clog everything up. That's how you beat this Minnesota team and one would assume Hakstol and company know that. That's how Wisconsin was able to beat Minnesota. If the game's a barn burner I don't think UND has as much of a chance, but hey, I've been wrong before.

Hah....take it to the bank pick of the day. Union hasn't lost since January....and its April.....wow. Suffocating defense, with strict play in the neutral zone.

Me thinks MafiaMan is correct on this pick. Unless Johnny hockey and crew score five......

'Take it to the bank' pick is nice but it's not exactly the 'Super Lock' pick of the day, is it? Come on Mafia, I expected more out of a varsity letterman....(80s movie reference)

'Take it to the bank' pick is nice but it's not exactly the 'Super Lock' pick of the day, is it? Come on Mafia, I expected more out of a varsity letterman....(80s movie reference)

You ever watch that NFL handicapping show that had Jim Feist on it...we still use the term "NFC Lock of the Year". :lol:

I want him to just come out and crown em. Stone cold national championship prediction for the Tribe. I want it all on his shoulders again.

I want him to just come out and crown em. Stone cold national championship prediction for the Tribe. I want it all on his shoulders again.

Lol...never gonna let him live down the fact that he cost UND a chance at repeating in '98. :)

Hmmm, who to cheer for. On the one hand, I hate the gophers....on the other hand, I hate the gophers.......

Let's go Dutchmen?! ? (The Dutch males must really be upset with this name)

It was a name I thought was odd just like Notre Dame called the Irish even though the Notre Dame cathedral is in France.

Let's go Dutchmen?! ? (The Dutch males must really be upset with this name)

It was a name I thought was odd just like Notre Dame called the Irish even though the Notre Dame cathedral is in France.

They used to be called the Flying Dutchmen. Not sure if that's better or worse...

Dave