SiouxSports.com Forum

College Hockey 2013-2014 (Non-UND hockey)

Snake

Obviously the Big Ten used ticket sales for their numbers (as did the NCHC and every other conference). But I can tell you from being there that other than the two Thursday games, which was probably about 3,000-4,000 less than announced attendance (maybe 5,000 less for the PSU-Mich game), the numbers overall aren't that far off for the announced attendance of the other games. Did the X look empty, of course it did, because even with the numbers reported by the Big Ten it's still less than 50% capacity at the X.

• 2 weeks later...

Schloss mentioned the name Eric Rud as a possible candidate, he was a CC assistant the past couple years, was the head coach for the Green Bay Gamblers for a year, and a SCSU assistant for a few years. I'm hoping that they want Gwoz and he comes back and takes the job.

Eric Rud was a great d man and captain of the squad in 1996 that lost in the national championship. Plus, he's paid his dues as an assistant at St. Cloud and CC. My money would be on him becoming the next coach. Norm Bazin is another name as he was an assistant coach at CC under Owens. My only question is, what's considered a "more prestigious" job? UMass Lowell in Hockey East or Colorado College in the NCHC?

There's an article in the Gazette from about a week ago regarding Gwoz coming to CC but Gwoz fully enforced Owens and said he wasn't interested. But who knows? Now that the job is open, you'd think Gwoz might relish the opportunity to come back to Colorado and have an opportunity to stick it to DU.

Eric Rud was a great d man and captain of the squad in 1996 that lost in the national championship. Plus, he's paid his dues as an assistant at St. Cloud and CC. My money would be on him becoming the next coach. Norm Bazin is another name as he was an assistant coach at CC under Owens. My only question is, what's considered a "more prestigious" job? UMass Lowell in Hockey East or Colorado College in the NCHC?

Bazin played for Lowell back in the day...wasn't interested in the BU job at all...no way he leaves UM-L for CC.

I'm going to miss Owens. Like CC or hate CC, boy were they fun to watch play when he was the coach. Wide open hockey games, up and down the ice.

Some of the best hockey games I've ever seen involved CC and UND.

Best of luck. Class act. Never put himself in the spotlight over his team, and his players were always accountable on and off the ice.

I've always had a ton of respect for Owens, and will forever appreciate the regional spanking they gave BC. That being said, I'm a little surprised he didn't even attend the team's banquet dinner. Is there bad blood between him and the players after this season? I am not in any way trying to start rumors or imagine drama to be there that isn't...I just find it odd. I mean, he just as easily could have resigned tomorrow, after the dinner.

I'm going to miss Owens. Like CC or hate CC, boy were they fun to watch play when he was the coach. Wide open hockey games, up and down the ice.

Best of luck. Class act. Never put himself in the spotlight over his team, and his players were always accountable on and off the ice.

Nicely said Wilbur, and spot on-great, clean, wide-open games between the two teams. Plus, Owens conducted himself with utmost professionalism.

Like this post x 100. Scott Owens LOVES Colorado College. Between him and Lucia, it's a shame one of them didn't bring an NCAA title to Colorado Springs. Classy coach...always a tough game against CC. Kinda like Jeff Sauer, Doug Woog, and "The Gwoz," I'm sad to see him go.