SiouxSports.com Forum

SDSU at UND

homer

Long snaps were a little shaky last week - special teams will be a factor. The first series will be a reality check for our boys - I think the Jackrabbits are going to hit a little harder than Valpo. It would definitely be a signature win and it is possible - not gonna be easy though and not gonna be the end of the season or playoff chances if we lose. Although I am certain there are some that have their "Fire Mussman" thread ready to post.

It would definitely be a signature win and it is possible - not gonna be easy though and not gonna be the end of the season or playoff chances if we lose. Although I am certain there are some that have their "Fire Mussman" thread ready to post.

And I'm sure there will be plenty of enabling apologists on Muss's behalf if UND gets hammered by 3-4 TDs too.

• Upvote 1

I a little nervous about the o-line.. The Pre-Fall two deep had:

RT - Deneui, Windfedt

RG - Hoerchner, Meehan

C - Walker, Hellman

LG - Anderson, Adams

LT - Kleason, Barton

Hurt, illness or still recovering from injury: Windfedt, Adams and Walker

Current Two-Deep:

RT - Deneui, Peterson

RG - Meehan - ?

C - Hoerchner - ?

LG - Anderson, Isenberger

LT - Kleason, Barton

Of the current back ups only Barton was in the two deep rotation at the start of fall camp and season just started.

Not only do we need a signature win, we need to win a game that we're not supposed to. We need to knock somebody off their horse and since we don't have a FBS game this year this is our shot. A win would build some serious momentum for the rest of the season and would take a little pressure off in the big games following but also give us some confidence. I'm really excited for this game and I think it might finally be time for the Alerus to be back to where we were before the transition. Hopefully SDSU rolls Butler and we both go into this one riding high and we have ourselves a good old-fashioned NCC dog fight.

After watching UND Thursday and some other FCS games this weekend I am a little nervous about our line play on both sides of the ball. It might come together still but I didn't see a lot against Valpo to encourage me and some things that make me a little nervous. I think UND has done pretty good at recruiting and developing the other positions but I am not sold with the line play on either side of the ball yet.

After watching UND Thursday and some other FCS games this weekend I am a little nervous about our line play on both sides of the ball. It might come together still but I didn't see a lot against Valpo to encourage me and some things that make me a little nervous. I think UND has done pretty good at recruiting and developing the other positions but I am not sold with the line play on either side of the ball yet.

Right on. I'm not optimistic about this facet of the game. For the green and white to win this game, they must make it a track meet.

If we can hold Zenner under 250 and score 38 we got a shot against the Jacks.

It's interesting to me that Bubba's SIU defense held Zenner to under 50 yards last year. That's not to say that the UND defense will do anything close to that on Saturday, but at least it shows what is still possible when the 3-4 is run properly.

• Upvote 1

It's interesting to me that Bubba's SIU defense held Zenner to under 50 yards last year. That's not to say that the UND defense will do anything close to that on Saturday, but at least it shows what is still possible when the 3-4 is run properly.

They also had a LB that made the Bengals roster this year.

If UND wins:

1) Offense has big day through the air connecting to Hardin, Golladay, Jackson and company, and forces SDSU to play catch-up

2) Defense contains Zenner and forces SDSU to throw

If SDSU wins:

1) Zenner goes off for another big game on the ground

2) UND's young QBs struggle with turnovers and the UND running game can't get going

Those are the simple keys to the game in my opinion: UND's passing game and SDSU's running game

• Upvote 1

If UND wins:

1) Offense has big day through the air connecting to Hardin, Golladay, Jackson and company, and forces SDSU to play catch-up

2) Defense contains Zenner and forces SDSU to throw

If SDSU wins:

1) Zenner goes off for another big game on the ground

2) UND's young QBs struggle with turnovers and the UND running game can't get going

Those are the simple keys to the game in my opinion: UND's passing game and SDSU's running game

Hopefully Jackson plays!

Just wondering what the expectations are for an unranked UND taking on #6 SDSU.

To win...period. As it has been posted numerous times, Muss and his program have completely run out of moral victocies...especially with what's going on in Fargo. Time to get a quality win in our own building. Getting an a** kicking won't be acceptable in any way and will not set up well for the next 2 games vs the MT schools.

Agree that UND containing the run is the key to Saturday. Give up 250+ on the ground and this is a 2-3 TD loss at a minimum. Can't expect our RS QB to win the game on his own throwing it 40+ times playing catch up.

• Upvote 2

No question a win against SDSU would be a tremendous win for your program. A win would make the MT schools very nervous heading into the following 2 games. By the time the next 3 games are over, you will know exactly where the program stands. Your game against the Jacks will let us know how uptight to be about our game with them.

Thank God the season is here!