SiouxSports.com Forum

TV Coverage

bincitysioux

In the end, this will mean more UND athletics being broadcast. Whether that's through Midco, or even if Midco successfully bids for the ac contract then I've no doubt NBC North Dakota would pick up UND.

Midco isn't going to drop UND for FU. There is a reason Midco made UND the highest paid school of all their TV right deals. It gives them value from August-April.

If anything adding FU gives one more reason for their programming to possibly be picked up nationwide on various sports programming packages.

There is no way that NBC North Dakota Sports will air UND Hockey every Friday AND Saturday night that they are at home. Our situation right now is ideal, with the exception of the stupid NCHC Agreement with CBS Sports

Who is even suggesting that?

• 4 months later...

First Fargo couldn't watch their own basketball games in the march madness because they don't have TBS/TNT, and now they dropped 15 channels including Comedy Central, Mtv, VH1, CMT, Nickelodean after not reaching a deal with Viacom. Along with not having other popular channels such as Bravo.

All this is gonna do is speed up customers changing to Midco in Fargo when they come to town.

First Fargo couldn't watch their own basketball games in the march madness because they don't have TBS/TNT, and now they dropped 15 channels including Comedy Central, Mtv, VH1, CMT, Nickelodean after not reaching a deal with Viacom. Along with not having other popular channels such as Bravo.

All this is gonna do is speed up customers changing to Midco in Fargo when they come to town.

The first Fargo residents can have Midcon by the end of this year...I hope I am one of them. Cable One SUCKS!!!

This is why it's best to have satellite....

Still holding out hope that dish will add midcosn to their lineup. Haven't heard anything for a long time now, so hope is fading. Guess a few hockey games on CBSSN will have to be enough.

I have Directv and cbssports is great but only a handful of games is not ideal. I watched a bunch of games on the web stream this year and the picture was better but the game play was very glitchy at times and what frustrates me is that the technology is definitely there to allow for near tv quality. Our web stream provider (Neulion) is 2nd tier at best.

Personally I'd like to see them go back to uplinking home games to satellite. The Sioux shop in the past has sold Fta satellite systems for fans outside of the viewing area to watch und sports and midco left this delivery system in the dust this past winter season in hopes of landing a deal with one dish or direct. Well this did not happen and will likely never happen.

The quality of even the standard definition Fta feeds supercedes the web stream quality und put out through neulion this season. I know it's been said that there were only a few watching with Fta systems but how many people will renew with next season's web feeds with the problems they ran into this season? Ask any fans that watched home games at senser's Bloomington this season compared to seasons of the past.

I have Directv and cbssports is great but only a handful of games is not ideal. I watched a bunch of games on the web stream this year and the picture was better but the game play was very glitchy at times and what frustrates me is that the technology is definitely there to allow for near tv quality. Our web stream provider (Neulion) is 2nd tier at best.

I used the video too and got so many pop ups it took my husband a full morning to get rid of them. But I am glad to see anything

I watched a bunch of games on the web stream this year and the picture was better but the game play was very glitchy at times and what frustrates me is that the technology is definitely there to allow for near tv quality. Our web stream provider (Neulion) is 2nd tier at best.

Same here, with similar results. Neulion's stream is the only stream that doesn't work well for me, all others work perfectly.

And, before Blackheart can get here, it's on my end :lol:

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

Same here, with similar results. Neulion's stream is the only stream that doesn't work well for me, all others work perfectly.

And, before Blackheart can get here, it's on my end :lol:

It's on you end. Actually, UND webcasts are 20Xs better than UNO's, WMU's and Miami's. I was told that you're better of using a internet Cable as opposed to Wireless.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Anyone know if the bigsky tv works with chromecast? If not, anyone know if they are planning to add chromecast to the app? My desktop is on a different router than my tv, so I can't use my browser since I have to use my Ipad...

It doesn't look like it, but on your device open up Chrome, go to m.americaonesports.com and you should be able to load it and chromecast it that way.

Just as an FYI folks, for those of you who have signed up for NCHCTV as a UNDInsider via that e-mail, you better check your subscriber status.  We are supposed to be an "All Access" package, but I tried to check out the UMD/Wisconsin women's game last night and it said that I did not have access.  I than checked my subscription, and it said it was just for UND.  I tried to e-mail them through the contact us form twice, and received one computer generated response that they received my e-mail.  No actual response yet, but if it is going through Neulion, that is not surprising based on past experiences. 

Just as an FYI folks, for those of you who have signed up for NCHCTV as a UNDInsider via that e-mail, you better check your subscriber status. We are supposed to be an "All Access" package, but I tried to check out the UMD/Wisconsin women's game last night and it said that I did not have access. I than checked my subscription, and it said it was just for UND. I tried to e-mail them through the contact us form twice, and received one computer generated response that they received my e-mail. No actual response yet, but if it is going through Neulion, that is not surprising based on past experiences.

not sure that all access gets women's games since they are not nchc