SiouxSports.com Forum

TV Coverage

bincitysioux

• 1 month later...

First Fargo couldn't watch their own basketball games in the march madness because they don't have TBS/TNT, and now they dropped 15 channels including Comedy Central, Mtv, VH1, CMT, Nickelodean after not reaching a deal with Viacom. Along with not having other popular channels such as Bravo.

All this is gonna do is speed up customers changing to Midco in Fargo when they come to town.

I just tried turning on NBC to watch the news in Fargo. CableOne and KVLY\KXJB are still fighting so no CBS or NBC for Fargo viewers with cable. Good thing the Bison football games are over for the year. Shet would have really hit the fan.

I just tried turning on NBC to watch the news in Fargo. CableOne and KVLY\KXJB are still fighting so no CBS or NBC for Fargo viewers with cable. Good thing the Bison football games are over for the year. Shet would have really hit the fan.

CableOne can lick my balls. They suck. Midco is pretty awesome.

Kvly sure Seems to have it out for cable one. The scroll said to visit their site to learn about switching cable companies. Almost anyone in the red river valley can get both NBC and CBS with a $10 set of rabbit ears and they don't share that info.

I noticed a lot of commercials for MeTv. I guess Bison games will be on that channel more and more.

This is KVLY wanting more money from Cable One.

I just checked my (Midco) DVR and I don't see a single series recording on NBC and just one from CBS. (There's a couple from ABC/WDAx and a couple friom the CW which is also WDAx and a bunch from nationals like USA and TNT.)

I think the KVLY/KXJB folks are over-valuing their product.

Signed,

Not a Cable One fan

This is KVLY wanting more money from Cable One.

I just checked my (Midco) DVR and I don't see a single series recording on NBC and just one from CBS. (There's a couple from ABC/WDAx and a couple friom the CW which is also WDAx and a bunch from nationals like USA and TNT.)

I think the KVLY/KXJB folks are over-valuing their product.

Signed,

Not a Cable One fan

Hey KVLY has to find a way to overpay its "it girl" anchor. CastroOne had always sucked. I'll give em til next Friday...1 week...to get this resolved. Will watch NFL FB on NFL mobile tonight and tomorrow.

Midco...if you are reading this get your a** into south Fargo ASAP.

Ah yes, KVLY's "bubble headed bleach blonde*" ... I stood next to her by the bar in a trendy Fargo pub one evening. She wasn't one of the three best looking in the room and didn't come across as more than a news reader (not so sharp).

PS - What's this "NFL" non-sense. There's hockey tonight.

* © Don Henley's "Dirty Laundry" circa 1985

Ah yes, KVLY's "bubble headed bleach blonde*" ... I stood next to her by the bar in a trendy Fargo pub one evening. She wasn't one of the three best looking in the room and didn't come across as more than a news reader (not so sharp).

Oh....the U18 game. Gonna pass. gfhockey coming over tonight for a few Arnold Palmer's as we get the pitchforks sharpened and the tar boiling just in case..............

KVLY does have some nice looking news babes with Stephanie Goetz, Lisa Green and Beth Hoole (Husker fan too), but all time favorite news babe was Jane Joyce from WDAZ. Never found out what happened to her. Anyway Midco is slowly inching their way into Fargo city limits and that will mean less and less CO customers. I have Dtv and CO Internet, I cannot wait until I get Midco internet, a lot faster than the buffering of Cable One.

Ah yes, KVLY's "bubble headed bleach blonde*" ...

Not to nit-pick, but that was 1982, not 1985. One of the top five greatest songs ever, "The Boys of Summer," was released in 1984.

Last week, we had one of our own talking heads appear on the screen with a big smile talking about some local feel-good community event - which was preceded seconds earlier by the story of a young child being found dead at a Brooklyn Park daycare. Timing...some people just don't understand it.

KVLY does have some nice looking news babes with Stephanie Goetz, Lisa Green and Beth Hoole (Husker fan too), but all time favorite news babe was Jane Joyce from WDAZ. Never found out what happened to her. Anyway Midco is slowly inching their way into Fargo city limits and that will mean less and less CO customers. I have Dtv and CO Internet, I cannot wait until I get Midco internet, a lot faster than the buffering of Cable One.

Lisa Green? Beth Houle? C'mon, man!

You might as well add Mike Morken to your list.

• Upvote 2

First, that's why I said "circa".

Next, the television camera adds 10 pounds.

Finally, not all the pears here have hair. :D

Saw Lisa Budeau at gym today...she is attractive in person as well as on TV.