SiouxSports.com Forum

TV Coverage

bincitysioux

I don't know about you guys, but I got the slingbox setup at my mothers place in Grand Forks, so I now get all the games via slingbox to my pc, connected to my tv. The quality probably won't be true-high definition, probably akin to standard definition, but it beats the crappy webcast. Now if I can find a way to record on my pc I will be able to dvr the games as well...

Stinks to have to shell out the $180 for a slingbox, but I don't have to pay the (noticeably increased from $60) webcast fee of $80.

I don't know about you guys, but I got the slingbox setup at my mothers place in Grand Forks, so I now get all the games via slingbox to my pc, connected to my tv. The quality probably won't be true-high definition, probably akin to standard definition, but it beats the crappy webcast. Now if I can find a way to record on my pc I will be able to dvr the games as well...

Stinks to have to shell out the $180 for a slingbox, but I don't have to pay the (noticeably increased from $60) webcast fee of $80.

Oh crap...I thought the webcasts were free...Better start paying attention...I like the Slingbox option though...

You are aware that Jayson has said multiple times that they upgraded their system and will be webcasting in HD all of midco's HD games this year.

Oh crap...I thought the webcasts were free...Better start paying attention...I like the Slingbox option though...

Nope :( All of their broadcasts on Big Sky TV are free though...

You are aware that Jayson has said multiple times that they upgraded their system and will be webcasting in HD all of midco's HD games this year.

Nope :( All of their broadcasts on Big Sky TV are free though...

Sorry...I was referring to the hockey broadcasts...

Anybody else notice that Montana's home game today against Oklahoma Panhandle was available on BigSky TV "for a small fee."?

Methinks that the Big Sky and America One are testing the waters for subscription service in the future.

Something inside me thinks this wasn't broadcasted on the normal big sky side of things...it may have been on AmericaOne, but remember that AmericaOne is a pay-for-use service. The Big Sky conference takes care of this fee for us. They may of been on something different other than AmericaOne's WatchBigSky channel or, who knows, you may be right. This is me just pulling out a world map and speculating WILDLY!

Did anyone else notice there is an exclusive channel only available on dish network (or was it direct tv) that shows big sky games?

Was watching a sports show and all of a sudden Big Sky ads appeared and UND football was in a commercial.

Could be a commercial for ROOT, which has a couple Griz games on this year and about 4 Bobcat games. Directtv owns the ROOT networks, so it could have been a commercial for dtv.

Actually, it's not a bad idea to alert me via PM if a question has been directed to me. I can't say that I see every post on every thread, so that would be helpful.

Regarding iPad streaming, our iPad app has actually been in development for some time now and we're a little frustrated ourselves that we haven't been able to launch it yet. I went to our own Matt Schill for an update. Here's what he gave me:

"The short answer is yes, but we don't know a specific timetable. Men's hockey will be streamed to the UND Sports Android and iPhone apps for the upcoming year. We continue to work on a specific iPad app, but continue to find roadblocks along the way. I believe iPad users can use the iPhone app and stream the games, but we can't guarantee the results yet. Finally, Neulion (our web provider) is moving away from Flash to HTML5, which will allow all UND Insider to be viewed through tablet browsers. Neulion is currently in the test phase and should be available in the near future."

I hope this answers your question.

Jayson, I have upgraded to the 2013-2014 iPhone app and I do not see anything but radio broadcasts for live events (no video). Can you point me to the best resource for resolving this, or is live video not yet available through the app? If not, when can we expect to see the live video events show on the schedule? Also per this link (see below), it appears Neulion makes content available via mobile devices, gaming devices and Roku and Apple TV. Will UND Insider be available on these platforms? If not, why? If so, when? If not immediately, what are the hurdles that prevent it? Since an Apple TV unit that virtually fits in the palm of your hand can be had for $99, and is specifically designed to work with HDTVs (unlike computers, which can be made to work, but rather clumsily) that is something that has particularly whetted my interest. I imagine many others would also share that interest. Thanks

http://www.neulion.com/SportSelect.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=30000&SPID=122708&SPSID=725711

Could be a commercial for ROOT, which has a couple Griz games on this year and about 4 Bobcat games. Directtv owns the ROOT networks, so it could have been a commercial for dtv.

It's called Audience on Directtv....they play a lot of the Dan Patrick show..."this Saturday is Montana at northern Arizona....and it just said "only on Audience" channel 239.

It's called Audience on Directtv....they play a lot of the Dan Patrick show..."this Saturday is Montana at northern Arizona....and it just said "only on Audience" channel 239.

Not familiar with audience, don't think dish has it, but that game is also on ROOT.

Apparently audience is available only on directv

According to my guide its not on any FCS channels.

I noticed that the last few games were not listed on the guide until a couple days prior...however the athletic department noted that they would be n FCS and this time around they didn't say anything about it.

No complaints because the webcast is actually pretty good quality.

Does anyone else notice that Truthseeker's posts resemble someone that was banned a few months ago?

AlmostHeavin2011 aka Watchmaker49 aka CharliePic aka Truthseeker

I didn't even noticed he had been banned. It's been kind of nice now that I think about it

Won't be long and The Truthseeker aka the AZ pool towel boy will be banned yet again.

next display name is obviously Starvin Marvin

Seems all of you are wrong!

"only that which comes out of a man's mouth will condemn him".

All of you are well on your way. Please find Peace!

Has anyone tried logging into the mobile site of America One on a smart device like a Sony DVD player or TV? I'm able to login but there are no free games tonight to watch. I'm not around to try it out for tomorrow evening's volleyball match but if it works, it seems like this would be a great way to stream/watch UND sports without having to buy or hookup a laptop. You don't need flash, as I know the site works for watching on both iPhone and Android devices.

As far as football and the other sports go, I think North Dakota has a pretty good deal with the arrangement with Midco, especially since they are still affiliated with Fox College Sports. Where they really screwed the pooch is allowing the NCHC to broker the "exclusive" national deal with CBS.

It's unfortunate that Cable One subscribers don't have access to MidcoSN, but, hey, lots of other people don't including me. If you can't get service from Midco, your next best option is DirecTV.

The biggest negative to me of going with Midco vs "in-house" is the fact that the weekly coaches show (the one that Pat Sweeney has hosted state-wide on Sunday nights my entire life) went from being available in about 600,000 North Dakota homes to about 30,000 North Dakota homes. That hurts in my eyes. I understand that Midco has like 3 weekly shows devoted to UND, but only fraction of the former potential audience has access to it right now, unless they want to watch online. Grampa doesn't want to watch online, and neither do I.............................

I grew up in Minot and the coaches show wasn't available except for a brief stretch on fox north.