SiouxSports.com Forum

TV Coverage

bincitysioux

Jayson, it seems that you purposely left out this line from my post:

If they have a little extra money, they more likely to send it to feed childern in some far off place then spend it on a cable bill.

If 2500 people decided to not spend the $79.95 for an annual video feed, that would be $199,875. About what UND receives from Midco for broadcast rights. Most charities can feed a child for about a dollar per day, that would be 199,875 children fed for one day.

Now I hear the rumblings of well that doesn't help world hunger much! True it doesn't unless you are one of those hungery kids being feed. Then it is a HUGE DEAL. I say listen to hockey on the radio and spend your money to feed a child somewhere. Or maybe UND should start donating a small porition of the online media sales toward feeding kids. A couple dollars from each subscricption would feed a lot of empty stomaches.

So seeing the statement about manpower and budget is hard to digest when UND is now receiving 5 times as much money then they were three seasons ago. WE would ALL love to receive five times as much money then what we functioned on three seasons ago.

You really expect UND(a relatively small) Major University.....to donate $200,000 to starving children....of athletics money....lots of which is privately raised... This may be the single stupidest post of all time. Well-intentioned...but stupid. If people want their money to go to the litttle kids in Africa, they have plenty of options to which they can donate.

Now if you want UND boosters in general to all donate dollar for dollar what they spend on a UND sports package...I could dig your cause...but asking UND to spend money(which they may not really have to give away, especially such a large sum) on something that gives them no benefit....oofda.

Did you really just try to turn this into a "what about the starving kids in Africa" argument?

Im about 2 pages behind on this but I can resist....Holy goodness.....he did this to himself.

Jayson tweeted:

@UNDSID: We are nearing a TV announcement for @UNDsports. No, it doesn't involve @UNDMHockey, but still very good news for our national viewers.

Maybe they've decided NOT to show any more Sioux football this year...;)

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe they've decided NOT to show any more Sioux football this year...;)

Any update on this?? I'm guessing it's not anything regarding Fta. I've found maybe 20 football games with my Fta system so far today, including ndsu's in hd. Also found the und feed and the und feed is one of the few that is scrambled so can't be seen Fta.