SiouxSports.com Forum

Gwoz resigns

dmksioux

I'd say Eaves and whoever is at MichSt. are now officially on notice. Assuming this is true. :)

I've got to think that Tom Anastos was told improvements in Spartan hockey will be made next year...or else. That team was dreadful this season.

I noticed that rep hit FHG...sure now you can laugh... :D

I mean I don't like DU just because they have given the Gophers fits for so many years.......but I don't wish that much ill will towards them! :) Although it's not like we'll be playing them that much anymore with the move to the B1GJOKE Conference.

• Upvote 2

Eaves and Steve Johnson will be prime candidates, I would think. Heck, I thought Eaves would get the Sioux job when Blais left. I'm kinda wishing he had.........

Gwoz was a good coach and he'll be missed by DU. Gwoz wins 2 NT's and he gets the boot now? Calling Don Lucia..........

Eaves and Steve Johnson will be prime candidates, I would think. Heck, I thought Eaves would get the Sioux job when Blais left. I'm kinda wishing he had.........

Gwoz was a good coach and he'll be missed by DU. Gwoz wins 2 NT's and he gets the boot now? Calling Don Lucia..........

Do you mean Mike Eaves or Cary Eades? Heck, both would be good candidates. Not sure it would be good to have to go up against Eades. No, pretty sure it would not be good.

If you want some insight into the reaction of DU hockey fans, go on over to "let's go DU" blog. It sounds like the current administration has been tripping over itself in many areas-stalling in contract negotiations with Gwoz, budget mis-management, and a mascot-yes, you heard it right-controversy...According to their chancellor, Boone is considered "not inclusive (translation: racist).

Do you mean Mike Eaves or Cary Eades? Heck, both would be good candidates. Not sure it would be good to have to go up against Eades. No, pretty sure it would not be good.

I meant Eades. However, Eaves would be very good too. Even in WI, there's pissedness about how they got smoked come NCAA-time. I guess I was surprised by that too.

If you want some insight into the reaction of DU hockey fans, go on over to "let's go DU" blog. It sounds like the current administration has been tripping over itself in many areas-stalling in contract negotiations with Gwoz, budget mis-management, and a mascot-yes, you heard it right-controversy...According to their chancellor, Boone is considered "not inclusive (translation: racist).

My God. Boone not inclusive??? Astounds me how academic pointy-heads fail to grasp history, except for the history that they make up based upon misrepresentations made by "activists." We're talking about pioneers in the west. How many of them were black, latino, gay, etc.? Would dressing Boone up in drag for a series assuage this guy's "outrage"? How about if he were to don a sombrero a couple of weekends per year?

• Upvote 1

My God. Boone not inclusive??? Astounds me how academic pointy-heads fail to grasp history, except for the history that they make up based upon misrepresentations made by "activists." We're talking about pioneers in the west. How many of them were black, latino, gay, etc.? Would dressing Boone up in drag for a series assuage this guy's "outrage"? How about if he were to don a sombrero a couple of weekends per year?

There actually were quite a few black mountain men...and there weren't a lot of women in the mountains...cold nights and all...

I think the whole point over "Boone" is the idea that the vast majority of pioneers were white that came to the frontier and wiped out the indigenous along with taking over land held by the Mexicans that lived here. It doesn't have much to do with inclusiveness, it has to do with the political incorrectness of "manifest destiny".

Just pointing out why the controversy exists. Personally, I kinda dig "Boone" and the Pioneer nickname.