SiouxSports.com Forum

Gwoz resigns

dmksioux

My God. Boone not inclusive??? Astounds me how academic pointy-heads fail to grasp history, except for the history that they make up based upon misrepresentations made by "activists." We're talking about pioneers in the west. How many of them were black, latino, gay, etc.? Would dressing Boone up in drag for a series assuage this guy's "outrage"? How about if he were to don a sombrero a couple of weekends per year?

C'mon, Chewey, nothing says 'Pioneers' to me quite like this logo...LOL

2464.gif

• Upvote 1

This is just another example of college administrative talking heads thinking they are the smartest people on campus and know what is best for everyone in every situtation. Never was a fan of Gwoz but this is ridiculous IMO.

I wonder what kind of fallout this could have for their program regarding incoming recruits?

I was wondering that too, Gage Ausmus of EGF is scheduled to go to DU next year and played at the development team and he would certainly be a great pick up if the Gwoz decison makes him consider other opportunities.

Agree about Gwoz, his antics made him a hated man, but in press conferences he was always professional, and you assumed he was a heck of a coach.

After hearing him talk in interviews and in person multiple times, he was a hard guy to dislike. Very honest, very humble (to a purposely humorous level sometimes), very passionate and very knowledgeable. I think Denver made a big mistake.

After hearing him talk in interviews and in person multiple times, he was a hard guy to dislike. Very honest, very humble (to a purposely humorous level sometimes), very passionate and very knowledgeable. I think Denver made a big mistake.

Yep, I loved his comment a few years back when he was asked about slowing down the DOT line and his response was throwing sand on the ice. :)

I am no fan of Gwaz, but have to admit he is a very good college hockey coach. We have had quite a rivalry with him over the years. I remember seeing a video of him on this website presenting at a Sioux boosters lunch in Grand Forks prior to a Sioux - Pioneer series and running into him one time during the 2007 regional tournament in Denver. He was always nothing but complimentary to the Sioux hockey program, although it may not have seemed that way during the heat of battle. DU is going to miss him - I hope he stays in the WCHA somehow. He is good for the league and good for hockey.

I am no fan of Gwaz, but have to admit he is a very good college hockey coach. We have had quite a rivalry with him over the years. I remember seeing a video of him on this website presenting at a Sioux boosters lunch in Grand Forks prior to a Sioux - Pioneer series and running into him one time during the 2007 regional tournament in Denver. He was always nothing but complimentary to the Sioux hockey program, although it may not have seemed that way during the heat of battle. DU is going to miss him - I hope he stays in the WCHA somehow. He is good for the league and good for hockey.

I like the Gwozzer too...he will most certainly be missed.

• Upvote 2

C'mon, Chewey, nothing says 'Pioneers' to me quite like this logo...LOL

2464.gif

Lol. I remember when that thing was on their jersies. Those uniforms were god-awful. Their present color scheme sucks, in my opinion. They should go back to the "old" red color that they used to use around 2000 or so before they devolved to "the disc" uniforms. As bad and as bla as the present Sioux uniforms are, the DU ones are worse - then and now.

Gwoz earned a lot of respect from me when he gave an interview this year and insisted on calling UND the Fighting Sioux. The regional loss in Colorado Springs and the FF loss in Columbus still sting (I was at both) but you knew it was going to be a battle every time these two teams met.

• Upvote 1

Lol. I remember when that thing was on their jersies. Those uniforms were god-awful. Their present color scheme sucks, in my opinion. They should go back to the "old" red color that they used to use around 2000 or so before they devolved to "the disc" uniforms. As bad and as bla as the present Sioux uniforms are, the DU ones are worse - then and now.

I think going back to their ketchup and mustard colored uniforms would be a mistake. Those old jerseys burned my retinas!

• Upvote 1

Apparently, Gwoz was quoted as saying something to the effect of, "I could get in trouble for saying this but I don't care. As far as I'm concerned, they'll always be the University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux."

When he said that, he got a ton of respect from me.