SiouxSports.com Forum

Gwoz resigns

dmksioux

And for those in the "Fire Hakstol" camp, this is the kind of thing that could happen at UND with the likes of Poganski, Gersich, Schmaltz, Wilkie, etc. if the administration acted in the same knee jerk fashion as Denver's did.

• Upvote 1

And for those in the "Fire Hakstol" camp, this is the kind of thing that could happen at UND with the likes of Poganski, Gersich, Schmaltz, Wilkie, etc. if the administration acted in the same knee jerk fashion as Denver's did.

Most posters on this thread and the "Fire Hak" thread do not want Hak fired - we just want a slightly improved Hak that leads his team to #8.

• Upvote 1

Normally, I am wholly opposed to players opting out of commitments, whether written or verbal. You gave your word, so make that word mean something. But in situations with coaching changes, specifically head coach changes, I have a lot more sympathy and understanding when a kid withdraws a commitment. I'm sure he'll have no problem finding a new home quickly, wherever that may be.

As for DU, per Merrium-Webster:

Implode verb 2. to collapse inward as if from external pressure, 3. to break down or fall apart from within

He is an EGF boy since day one.. Duluth may be an option for him as his dad played football their in college.. Dad is an EGF grad.. also und was interested but wanted him to play against higher competition before making offer and then Denver came in made offer before ntdp camp started

Very true, I graduated with his dad.. 87 yea yea!!

Well, there is now officially a head coach position available at Maine...come on, Gwoz. You know you want the credit of bringing that program back.

Ring ring...

Hello? This is George.

George? Hi, it's the University of Maine calling...

Some CC fans wouldn't mind having Gwoz. It wouldn't likely happen though-CC's not a big time sports school, Owens is still-and likely to continue to be-head coach, and even if there were an opening, doubtful CC would be willing to pay him what he's worth.

The word I heard is Jim Montgomery is who is on the top of the Maine coaching list.

of course administrators are invovled so George could move ahead of Montgomery.

What? You mean the administration had someone else in mind when they fired the current head coach? What a novel idea! (*cough Denver cough*)

The big question to me is does Maine have the money to hire Gwozdecky?

In all honesty, probably not. The BDN article from early March that first told of the program review had quotes from Whitehead about how much fundraising he had to do because of recent budget cuts. That being said, they might get a lot more boosters for a coach with a winning reputation. That same article noted that Whitehead's salary was 190K. That's 30k under what Gwoz made at DU, though the price of living is also significantly lower.

I'm sure there are creative ways that Maine could compensate Gwoz outside of just the straight yearly salary. A lucrative annuity of some sort is certainly one way.

Exactly. And they could seduce him with the fine shopping, decadent restaurants, and cultural excitement. Oh, wait...

Maybe he really likes potatoes? ???

I was wondering if Gwoz would be interesting is working with CU or Colorado St to start a hockey program..

CSU...Budwesier Events Center...right down the road from them. 5000 + seat hockey arena.. Could share it with the Colorado Eagles. C'mon Gwoz! You could schedule CC/Air Force/Omaha/Huntseville...etc.. (DU wouldn't schedule them. Too stuck up. They are the Minnesota of the Rocky Mt. Region...)