• Pittsburgh Penguins
    • Minnesota Wild
    • Winnipeg Jets
    • Los Angeles Kings
    • Toronto Maple Leafs
    • Philadelphia Flyers
    • Detroit Red Wings
    • The Rest of The Field

If I were in Zach's shoes, I would be asking the Wild what ELSE they are going to do to get to be competitive. Who are my linemates; who else are they bringing in, what's the long term strategy.

You can bet Pittsburgh Detroit and Philly will have some pretty compelling pitches in that regard.

If I were in Zach's shoes, I would be asking the Wild what ELSE they are going to do to get to be competitive. Who are my linemates; who else are they bringing in, what's the long term strategy.

You can bet Pittsburgh Detroit and Philly will have some pretty compelling pitches in that regard.

It's a good question to ask. I haven't seen any moves, yet, where the Wild seem intent on "ramping up" with 2-3 year contracts for a Cup run. Chicago did it before they won the Cup, and then shed a lot of their payroll after the parade ended.

Detroit, Philly, Pittsburgh and the Rangers, even though he said he wouldn't play there, seemed to have moved in that "one hit wonder" direction. Same with the Kings last year.

Of course, it would be fun to see Zach jawing back at John Tortorella on the bench. ;)

If Zach signs with the Wild, I hope he enjoys backchecking for 60 minutes each and every game and finishing 9th or 10th in the Western Conference every year. Honestly, listening to Mike Yeo talk you'd think they had hired Lemaire back. :silly:

If he signs with Pittsburgh, I could see the Pens winning two or three Cups during the next five years.

• Upvote 1

I think that the idea of playing with a team that is loaded with potential (based on their last 3 years of draft pick, free agent signings) and the potential to play with Suter is very attractive to Parise. I think that playing on lines with Koivu, Settegucci, and Heatly seems like on OK thing.

As a bonus question:

Will the team that hits the Zachpot hit the Suter-fecta?

I'd guess it's down to Pittsburgh, Minnesota and NJ. If he goes to Pittsburgh then no, no Suter-fecta. I think the only way he goes to Minnesota is if they do get the Suter-fecta, and sign both Parise and Suter.

I always thought trading Kane to get Parise would be an interesting play by Wirtz and Bowman.

There is no way the Hawks go after Parise. They had the chance to draft him & passed him by for a defensemen.

After the Hawks were dumb enough to pass him up, the Devils traded up to get him.

I think he stays put.

Hawks couldn't handle 2 captains on the their team. Especially 2 college players from UND.

Kane's not going anywhere.

Have you been to a Hawk's game & seen all the Kane jersey's? Money talks.

The Hawks have put up with a lot from players nowhere near as popular as Kane.

Plus he puts up big numbers that pull in the fans.

He would have to really implode before they get rid of him.

Damn that modern technology that lets everyone keep an eye on him.

There is no way the Hawks go after Parise. They had the chance to draft him & passed him by for a defensemen.

After the Hawks were dumb enough to pass him up, the Devils traded up to get him.

I think he stays put.

Hawks couldn't handle 2 captains on the their team. Especially 2 college players from UND.

Regardless of them passing on Parise, hockey's still a business and Zach knows that. Otherwise he would already signed with NJ and taken his chances with their "interesting" finances. You forgot to mention that Rocky Wirtz runs the show now that Dollar Bill is fertilizing daisies. (The United Center crowd booing during Dollar Bill's "moment of silence" still makes me smile.) Trade Kane and you have about $13MM in cap space. Neither Toews or Parise is above wearing an A or nothing if they can wear a Ring.

That said, it's a long shot for him to end up in Chicago. But stranger things have happened ... :)

Edit: While I'm thinking about it ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEHxmxXDhhM

I think he stays put.

Lou Nanne said today that information he knows leads him to believe there is zero chance that Parise stays in New Jersey. Sometimes certainty like that would lead me to believe he could go back, but this time I have a feeling Parise may move on.

My guess or vote is Pittsburgh. No more Staal, a bit of cap space to bring in a good team guy, and its not too far of a move for him.

Being so close to the Stanley cup has got to make him want it even more. So, a contender it is.....

I'm a Minnesota sports fan (minus goldy of course...), and they just don't get the big name free agents...I mean maybe when he's 38, but not when he's in his prime.