• Pittsburgh Penguins
    • Minnesota Wild
    • Winnipeg Jets
    • Los Angeles Kings
    • Toronto Maple Leafs
    • Philadelphia Flyers
    • Detroit Red Wings
    • The Rest of The Field

Awesome get for the Wild! So excited. As for the former Sioux/Badger thing, once players reach the NHL that stuff doesn't bother me at all, it's all in the past and means nothing once they reach the NHL, IMO. I support pretty much any former college player in the NHL, unless they're Canadian. 'Merica or nothin'!

The Wild signing two elite Americans on the 4th of July just makes this even better!

I for one am glad that Genoway will have a defensive partner that can skate with him. It worried me that he'd get stuck with Jared Spurgeon or something like that. :lol:

Anxious to see who Zach centers.....You could have a Heatley-Parise-Setoguchi line.....Or even see him play somewhere else. The wild have a roster full of centers....Cullen, Koivu, Bouchard....Anxious for the first time in many years to see how the wild try to mold their scoring units.

Great news...if the Wild didn't get this one done their bottom line would be terrible.

I agree. Good deal for Minnesota. Frankly, I'm surprised the Wild would pony up this much money for two guys, especially with a reported $20MM going out the door in signing boni for Suter and Parise. It'll be interesting to see how they handle other players from a financial aspect, as well as the "supporting cast".

I for one am glad that Genoway will have a defensive partner that can skate with him. It worried me that he'd get stuck with Jared Spurgeon or something like that. :lol:

Anxious to see who Zach centers.....You could have a Heatley-Parise-Setoguchi line.....Or even see him play somewhere else. The wild have a roster full of centers....Cullen, Koivu, Bouchard....Anxious for the first time in many years to see how the wild try to mold their scoring units.

Zach won't be at center.

I was just looking at the Wild prospect camp roster and Genoway is not on it. Wondering if that means he was not invited or if they told him he would just be staying in Houston.

I would guess he will start in Houston by looking at the D-men they have returning and now adding Suter and possibly another 1 or 2 top prospects in Brodin and Dumba to the roster.

I was just looking at the Wild prospect camp roster and Genoway is not on it. Wondering if that means he was not invited or if they told him he would just be staying in Houston.

Prospect camp has nothing to do with the Wild roster. Training camp does. And since Chay already played a year of pro, it's possible they gave him the option if he wanted to attend or not. I know you can't attend if you have played more than 2 years pro or something along those lines.

Remember when Gopher fans would sarcastically call Zach, "God"?

It looks like the shoe is on the other foot, now. We've got to give them some crap for spending $100 million on "God" and putting all their faith in him...

It will always be Vanek 1 (plus WCHA Rookie of the Year/Frozen Four MOP), Parise 0 so no Gopher fan will have a problem cheering for Zach in a Wild uniform.

Vanek: 7g, 4a, 11 points and 6-1 in NCAA Tourney

Parise: 1g, 1a, 3 points and 1-2 in NCAA Tourney

P.S. Giving another free agent the exact same contract means they are not putting all their faith in one player.

It will always be Vanek 1 (plus WCHA Rookie of the Year/Frozen Four MOP), Parise 0 so no Gopher fan will have a problem cheering for Zach in a Wild uniform.

Vanek: 7g, 4a, 11 points and 6-1 in NCAA Tourney

Parise: 1g, 1a, 3 points and 1-2 in NCAA Tourney

P.S. Giving another free agent the exact same contract means they are not putting all their faith in one player.

Huh?

Someone cue the Billy Madison quote here.

What you just said......

• Upvote 2

As a Devils fan it is both a sad and happy day for me. I love Parise, but not for that contract and skill-set. He is a great player and I wouldn't have minded a 6-7 year deal a 7mil per but anymore of each is just to much. He is the leagues best garbage man for goals, what I mean by that is he doesn't have a great or even good shot and he rarely beats someone 1 on 1 on a consistent basis. He gets most of his goals by crashing and banging around the net and playing at 110 miles an hour all the time. I just don't think giving a player like that a contract until he is 40 is the smartest thing in the world to do. I wish him the best in Minnesota but I will no longer call myself a fan of his.

As a Devils fan it is both a sad and happy day for me. I love Parise, but not for that contract and skill-set. He is a great player and I wouldn't have minded a 6-7 year deal a 7mil per but anymore of each is just to much. He is the leagues best garbage man for goals, what I mean by that is he doesn't have a great or even good shot and he rarely beats someone 1 on 1 on a consistent basis. He gets most of his goals by crashing and banging around the net and playing at 110 miles an hour all the time. I just don't think giving a player like that a contract until he is 40 is the smartest thing in the world to do. I wish him the best in Minnesota but I will no longer call myself a fan of his.

Years are key for anyones contract. That is the advantage that the Wild had being under the cap so much. Signing a deal that is going set him up for the rest of his career is very appealing to Parise and Suter. that is a big reason they signed. Parise is a type of player tha will be good for a very long time. Even into his late 30's. So signing a 13 year deal is not a bad move at all.

I understand you are upset about your guy leaving your team. Would probably act the same way if it would have been PArise leaving the Wild to go somewhere else. But really in the end it came down to Minnesota or New Jersey. Gotta give Parise a little credit for the loyalty he showed New Jersey. He didn't consider Chicago, Detroit, Philly, etc. New Jersy was on the short list even till the end. As A Wild fan I cheered for Parise and the Devils all the time. Especially this year in the playoffs. You can still be a Devils fan. they are still a great team. Hopefully you can still cheer for Parise in Minnesota.

The worst part of this is that I may actually have to watch the Wild and their god-awful uniforms on a more regular basis. The best part is I finally have a reason to move to a Roku device and stream the NHL Center Ice package. :)

• Upvote 2

The worst part of this is that I may actually have to watch the Wild and their god-awful uniforms on a more regular basis. The best part is I finally have a reason to move to a Roku device and stream the NHL Center Ice package. :)

Ha! I actually love the Wild Christmas Jerseys the Red ones.

You hit that on the head. They have the ugliest jerseys in hockey. I still don't think that I can cheer for the Wild despite Zach and Matt Cullen (a great guy) because: (1) ugly uniforms; (2) same fan base as the Gophers; (3) Kevin Gorg, Wally Shaver, PA, etc.

You hit that on the head. They have the ugliest jerseys in hockey. I still don't think that I can cheer for the Wild despite Zach and Matt Cullen (a great guy) because: (1) ugly uniforms; (2) same fan base as the Gophers; (3) Kevin Gorg, Wally Shaver, PA, etc.

Did you cheer for UND in the hockey regionals this year even though you probably thought the new jerseys were bad? Do you cheer for the Vikings/Twins/Wolves/etc? they have the same fanbase as gopher fans too!! Kevin Gorg is on the broacast of Wild games maybe for a total of 10 minutes a game. And not liking a team because of an announcer?? Seriosly?

I am a fan of the team and the players that play on it. Everything else is secondary. The Wild will be fine without yuo. Go cheer for a team with a pretty jersey that you like if that is the basis for what teams you cheer for!! Pathetic!!!