• Pittsburgh Penguins
    • Minnesota Wild
    • Winnipeg Jets
    • Los Angeles Kings
    • Toronto Maple Leafs
    • Philadelphia Flyers
    • Detroit Red Wings
    • The Rest of The Field

There is no way the Hawks go after Parise. They had the chance to draft him & passed him by for a defensemen.

After the Hawks were dumb enough to pass him up, the Devils traded up to get him.

I think he stays put.

Hawks couldn't handle 2 captains on the their team. Especially 2 college players from UND.

Kane's not going anywhere.

Have you been to a Hawk's game & seen all the Kane jersey's? Money talks.

The Hawks have put up with a lot from players nowhere near as popular as Kane.

Plus he puts up big numbers that pull in the fans.

He would have to really implode before they get rid of him.

Damn that modern technology that lets everyone keep an eye on him.

Then you have probably not followed this too closely. From what I read on NHL.com and ESPN and other Chicago news he was extremely close to signing yesterday around 2pm. However, he had some second thoughts (maybe Minny) and he wanted to sleep on it. I'm guessing something might have happened to push Chicago out but I will still go back and say it's between Chicago and Pitt. I would like him to go Minny but I really do not think he holds any allegience to MN. He skipped out on MN HS hockey which is, to the old timers, a true sin around here and he bounced for UND so I don't think the fact he lives here have anything to do with his decision. I think he is looking at who he wants to play with more....JToews or Sid. To be honest they are both my two favorite players so I could care less which direction he goes (although I am pulling a little towards Chicago). Should find out in a bit I'm guessing.

Then you have probably not followed this too closely. From what I read on NHL.com and ESPN and other Chicago news he was extremly close to signing yesterday around 2pm. However, he had some second thoughts (maybe Minny) and he wanted to sleep on it. I'm guessing something might have happened to push Chicago out but I will still go back and say it's between Chicago and Pitt. I would like him Minny but I really do not think he holds any allegience to MN. He skipped out on MN HS hockey which is, to the old timers, a true sin around here and he bounced for UND so I don't think the fact he lives here have anything to do with his decision. I think he is looking at who he wants to play with more....JToews or Sid. To be honest they are both my two favorite players so I could care less which directions he goes (although I am pulling a little towards Chicago). Should find out in a bit I'm guessing.

Zach wants to where the Sioux Logo again!!!

• Upvote 1

I keep looking for "tells" from teams to understand what their mindsets are.

Pittsburgh gave the biggest tell so far when they moved Stahl.

Yeah, I look for tells as well. Staal was never going to resign with Pitt however. He already has a Cup and they are big family guys so playing with his brother was probably something he was going to do anyways.

Then you have probably not followed this too closely. From what I read on NHL.com and ESPN and other Chicago news he was extremely close to signing yesterday around 2pm. However, he had some second thoughts (maybe Minny) and he wanted to sleep on it. I'm guessing something might have happened to push Chicago out but I will still go back and say it's between Chicago and Pitt. I would like him to go Minny but I really do not think he holds any allegience to MN. He skipped out on MN HS hockey which is, to the old timers, a true sin around here and he bounced for UND so I don't think the fact he lives here have anything to do with his decision. I think he is looking at who he wants to play with more....JToews or Sid. To be honest they are both my two favorite players so I could care less which direction he goes (although I am pulling a little towards Chicago). Should find out in a bit I'm guessing.

I think people put way too much stock in him not playing high school hockey, I believe he lived in Faribault and that is where Shattuck is located so its not like he went out of his way to get there. He chose the school that was more competitive and better for his development. With the reports being that Parise is flying back to Minnesota today I just can't see him coming back home to announce he is going somewhere else like Chicago or Pittsburgh.

The only thing that I can see keeping Zach out of Pittsburgh is the way they played in the playoffs against the Flyers- not very classy, and Zach is a class act. Pitt is an immediate contender and has Mario in the owner's suite (both huge positives). Zach would likely be playing on Sid's wing (also very attractive).

Minnesota would be a disaster for him professionally. Who wants to play in that system and with that lack of talent? Remember, Zach already has plenty of money. This isn't about greed, it is about the right fit. Making decisions based on $ is usually a bad call.

Chicago could be an interesting place for him to land. Chicago is a contender, and a great city to live in. I love the Hawks, so I'd like to see him land there and skate with Toews and Hossa.

I hope that he makes the best decision for him. He has earned the opportunity of a lifetime, so good for him, couldn't happen to a nicer guy!

• Upvote 1

The only thing that I can see keeping Zach out of Pittsburgh is the way they played in the playoffs against the Flyers- not very classy, and Zach is a class act. Pitt is an immediate contender and has Mario in the owner's suite (both huge positives). Zach would likely be playing on Sid's wing (also very attractive).

Minnesota would be a disaster for him professionally. Who wants to play in that system and with that lack of talent? Remember, Zach already has plenty of money. This isn't about greed, it is about the right fit. Making decisions based on $ is usually a bad call.

Chicago could be an interesting place for him to land. Chicago is a contender, and a great city to live in. I love the Hawks, so I'd like to see him land there and skate with Toews and Hossa.

I hope that he makes the best decision for him. He has earned the opportunity of a lifetime, so good for him, couldn't happen to a nicer guy!

Lack of talent? Granlund, Koivu, Heatly, Setoguchi, Zucker, Clutterbuck.....You saying these guys are a bunch of slouches?!! The Wild have a ton of great young players either coming up in their system or playing for them next year (Granlund, Zucker) plus some great veterans. There may be plenty of reasons why Parise may chose not to play here but it is certainly not because of a lack of talent!

• Upvote 1

Lack of talent? Granlund, Koivu, Heatly, Setoguchi, Zucker, Clutterbuck.....You saying these guys are a bunch of slouches?!! The Wild have a ton of great young players either coming up in their system or playing for them next year (Granlund, Zucker) plus some great veterans. There may be plenty of reasons why Parise may chose not to play here but it is certainly not because of a lack of talent!

I will believe the Wild are "talented" when I see them produce on the ice instead of talking about all the "potential" their prospects have. Once these guys get sucked into the 60 minute backchecking system of Mike "Lemaire" Yeo, they will regress like almost all Wild prospects do. I am willing to bet that the Winnipeg Jets reach the Stanley Cup finals before the Wild do.

Please Zach, sign with Pittsburgh or Chicago. Don't sign with the Wild.

• Upvote 1

I think people put way too much stock in him not playing high school hockey, I believe he lived in Faribault and that is where Shattuck is located so its not like he went out of his way to get there. He chose the school that was more competitive and better for his development. With the reports being that Parise is flying back to Minnesota today I just can't see him coming back home to announce he is going somewhere else like Chicago or Pittsburgh.

They reported this yesterday and then his agent came out and said that he was staying in the Toronto area and not flying back to Minnesota. So unless you've heard something new today about him flying back to Minnesota, I don't think this is accurate.

I will believe the Wild are "talented" when I see them produce on the ice instead of talking about all the "potential" their prospects have. Once these guys get sucked into the 60 minute backchecking system of Mike "Lemaire" Yeo, they will regress like almost all Wild prospects do. I am willing to bet that the Winnipeg Jets reach the Stanley Cup finals before the Wild do.

Please Zach, sign with Pittsburgh or Chicago. Don't sign with the Wild.

These guys were producing last year. It wasn't just all talk about potential. The Wild has the best record in the NHL after the first 2 months and change last year. Then their roster was depleted with a ton of injuries. Who knows where they would have finished had they been healthy last year. With the current roster now without Parise or Suter I would say that they are a playoff team next year (barring injury). Adding those two guys would elevate the Wild to one of the top teams in the Western Conference.

If the Wild had talent, they would make the playoffs.

Heatley was once great, but his best years are behind him. Setoguchi is mediocre. Clutterbuck is a glorified grinder. Zucker and Granlund are unproven. I'll give you Koivu, but that is it.

I live in the Twin Cities, love hockey, loved the Stars back in the day. Despise the Wild- have left tickets that I've been given on the fridge, because I'd rather do almost anything than watch their awful brand of hockey.

• Upvote 1

If the Wild had talent, they would make the playoffs.

Heatley was once great, but his best years are behind him. Setoguchi is mediocre. Clutterbuck is a glorified grinder. Zucker and Granlund are unproven. I'll give you Koivu, but that is it.

I live in the Twin Cities, love hockey, loved the Stars back in the day. Despise the Wild- have left tickets that I've been given on the fridge, because I'd rather do almost anything than watch their awful brand of hockey.

I tend to agree, and I think that level of consistent mediocrity comes from the ownership and management. The Wild is becoming a burial ground for generally talented players who are hampered by poor coaching and stingy, uncreative management. Sort of like the other pro teams around MSP. When I lived in Mpls, I shared Wild season tickets with some friends. We wore North Stars garb, and generally only went to see the other teams actually play hockey.

I tend to agree, and I think that level of consistent mediocrity comes from the ownership and management. The Wild is becoming a burial ground for generally talented players who are hampered by poor coaching and stingy, uncreative management. Sort of like the other pro teams around MSP. When I lived in Mpls, I shared Wild season tickets with some friends. We wore North Stars garb, and generally only went to see the other teams actually play hockey.

Yeo was in his first year of coaching the team last year. Look at how they played before the team was depeleted by injury. They were playing like a playoff team. He had those guys playing great hockey. He has a great system that he uses. Much different (and better) that Richards used. With or without Parise and Suter, the Wild are going to be good next year.

Yeah, that was really not my main argument. FYI, he lived in Bloomington.

They reported this yesterday and then his agent came out and said that he was staying in the Toronto area and not flying back to Minnesota. So unless you've heard something new today about him flying back to Minnesota, I don't think this is accurate.

He stayed in Toronto last night and is supposedly flying back to Minnesota today, I had heard he is scheduled to land soon. Anyone else heard the rumor that Babcock is milling around the Twin Cities? wonder if that means anything as it seems like the rumors of him and the Red Wings have been kind of quiet the last couple days.

He stayed in Toronto last night and is supposedly flying back to Minnesota today, I had heard he is scheduled to land soon. Anyone else heard the rumor that Babcock is milling around the Twin Cities? wonder if that means anything as it seems like the rumors of him and the Red Wings have been kind of quiet the last couple days.

I realize that he is going back to Minnesota because his family is there and he wants to discuss it with them. But the fact that he is coming to Minnesota today and plans on making his announcement of where he is going to sign today makes me very optomistic. Don't think he is going to make an announcement in Minnesota that he is going to play somewhere else. If he gets on a plane to fly out of Minnesota before his announcement, you can pretty much assume that he is signing somewhere else. Here's to hoping that a press conference is scheduled while he is still in Minneapolis!!

Yeah, that was really not my main argument. FYI, he lived in Bloomington.

Yeah it just seems like I've seen a lot of people try to use the not playing high school or college in Minnesota as an argument and I really don't think that means much at all.Oh my bad I thought Parise mostly grew up in Faribault, another obvious reason as to why he went to school there was his father worked with the program which is another reason why I don't put much stock into him not playing high school hockey or leaving the state for college.

People saying the Wild really have no talent need to remember that they had the best record in the league around the all star break and would have definitely been a playoff team without so many injuries.

I realize that he is going back to Minnesota because his family is there and he wants to discuss it with them. But the fact that he is coming to Minnesota today and plans on making his announcement of where he is going to sign today makes me very optomistic. Don't think he is going to make an announcement in Minnesota that he is going to play somewhere else. If he gets on a plane to fly out of Minnesota before his announcement, you can pretty much assume that he is signing somewhere else. Here's to hoping that a press conference is scheduled while he is still in Minneapolis!!

Yep thats what I ws getting at, I'm very optimistic that if he is going to sign today and he is going to be Minnesota that it is going to be with the Wild. If he does announce he is signing with someone else in Minnesota he may need a new set of advisers.

When I heard Parise's fiancee was in MSP Zach flying back to MSP made perfect sense.

You're about to get married.

You're about to make the second biggest decision of your life so far.

Wouldn't you want to talk it through with the biggest decision in your life in person?