• Pittsburgh Penguins
    • Minnesota Wild
    • Winnipeg Jets
    • Los Angeles Kings
    • Toronto Maple Leafs
    • Philadelphia Flyers
    • Detroit Red Wings
    • The Rest of The Field

OMG, what is wrong with you? The Flyers were the ones who played "not very classy". The Penguins merely showed them that were not going to be pushed around like a bunch of submissive little pansies. The Penguins gave the Flyers a dose of their own medicine and all of a sudden the haters all painted the Penguins as the aggressors. People get so blinded by their personal bias that they can't see things objectively. Yeah, it's "fashionable" to hate the Penguins... whatever, that just makes it more satisfying for me personally to be a fan of them.

Let's put this in the dictionary next to the definition of irony.

• Upvote 4

OMG, what is wrong with you? The Flyers were the ones who played "not very classy". The Penguins merely showed them that were not going to be pushed around like a bunch of submissive little pansies. The Penguins gave the Flyers a dose of their own medicine and all of a sudden the haters all painted the Penguins as the aggressors. People get so blinded by their personal bias that they can't see things objectively. Yeah, it's "fashionable" to hate the Penguins... whatever, that just makes it more satisfying for me personally to be a fan of them.

So...you were impressed with the way the 'Guins started playing like idiots after blowing a couple games? Tantrums on the ice, suspensions, malicious hits. The Flyers(my team) are never innocent, but to claim that the Penguins were just trying to give the Flyers a dose is ridiculous. They were mad that they were blew a couple games, and were not going to win the series. Crosby has never been the angel that some make him out to be, and that showed in the playoffs. When the going gets tough, Crosby and Co. certainly don't have any problem throwing shots below the belt.

Accept it and move on. Oh, and I want Parise to go to the Wild, because that is a franchise where careers go to die. Or he can go to Phili and be the first UND alum in any sport that I don't actively cheer against.

a source has said suter has an dea he wants to go to where parise goes. if that is the case it rules the hawks out.

Maybe a little more on this Brian Lawton tweeted this last night

Brian Lawton ‏@brianlawton9

Sorry about late night ...... Just back in town. Not sure yet on Parise but word is Ryan Suter will be playing for the MN Wild next season!

Wasn't sure how good of a source he is but it says in his bio. he is a former NHL Player, NHLPACertified Agent, and NHL General Manager working for over 27 years in the National Hockey League

Maybe a little more on this Brian Lawton tweeted this last night

Brian Lawton ‏@brianlawton9

Sorry about late night ...... Just back in town. Not sure yet on Parise but word is Ryan Suter will be playing for the MN Wild next season!

Wasn't sure how good of a source he is but it says in his bio. he is a former NHL Player, NHLPACertified Agent, and NHL General Manager working for over 27 years in the National Hockey League

If the Wild land Parise and Suter they will no doubt have a chance to make the postseason. Stanley cup contenders....meh.....As a Viking/Twins/Wild fan it just doesn't make any sense to land one, albeit two big free agents. :ohmy:

If for some reason Parise is on the wild, and Genoway gets more of a shot this next season, I'll have an excuse to watch more games.

Looks like a done deal Parise and Suter have definitely made the Wild serious contenders.

Michael Russo@Russostrib

RT @StarTribune: The #MnWild agrees to terms with Suter, still working on Parise. http://strib.mn/Mx7VAF

Michael Russo@Russostrib

#mnwild has agreed to terms on Zach Parise to 13-year deal; Now it's official. Maybe they'll announce Winter Classic today for trifecta. ha

Bob McKenzie@TSNBobMcKenzie

Zach Parise has agreed to terms with MIN.

Now I have a reason to cheer for the Wild. How delicious this will be, Gopher fans, many of whom are Wild fans, will have to cheer for ZPar, the new star of their team! It is going to take a former UND Sioux to rise that team out of mediocrity! (don't forget the Badger Suter also contributing on D).

Call up Chay to stay!

• Upvote 1

Now I have a reason to cheer for the Wild. How delicious this will be, Gopher fans, many of whom are Wild fans, will have to cheer for ZPar, the new star of their team! It is going to take a former UND Sioux to rise that team out of mediocrity! (don't forget the Badger Suter also contributing on D).

Call up Chay to stay!

Former Badgers Heatley, Gilbert and Dowell also are part of the Wild organization.

A 90-million dollar contract for a UND alum. Ouch, that must be hard to swallow in Fargo. I notice in the Fourm, so far, there is no mention of him being from UND.

Not too tough to swallow. It is a hockey contract. The Forum is in general, not a good paper. Good get for the Wild, I figured he'd go elsewhere.