SiouxSports.com Forum

Brock, Danny, and Derek: PLEASE STAY!!!

yzerman19

I had heard something that he was coming back from someone within the program but I didn't want to spout something off and then have it not come true. But since it appears what I was told was true I suppose I can mention the other half of the convo. I am NOT trying to start any rumors about our guys but the same person that told me about a week ago that Kristo was staying, also told me that the team (players) was not very happy with Nelson's decision to take off. Something about they all thought it was agreed upon that everyone was staying to try and win it all next year and next thing you know Nelson up and left. Again, not trying to bad mouth Nelson, met the kid a few times and he seems like a really good guy. I just really think this time next year Nelson will look back and think leaving was one of the worst decisions he made.

Danny and Rocco can both give opponents fits in a similar but very hard to defend way. This is a big deal. Danny proved how focused and determined he was last year. With the most skilled player on the team being that focused, it will only make everyone else more of the same.

I'm surprised that Danny is going to be back, but he will be a huge part of the team, and play a huge role for the squad. You could put a lot of guys on that top line with Knight and Kristo, maybe even a possible Grimaldi sighting on the top unit.

If the point is "not to badmouth Nelson", why does it even need to be said? So you can say you had inside info after the fact? In my best Christian Bale voice, "good for you".

Just throwing out information, which is the purpose of a forum. If you don't care for the information then you can go right on by to the next post. No need to try to instigate drama with a fellow Sioux fan on our own message board.

• Upvote 1

If the point is "not to badmouth Nelson", why does it even need to be said? So you can say you had inside info after the fact? In my best Christian Bale voice, "good for you".

Nelson is a good kid and he did what he thought was best for him. Whether or not his family put pressure on him to sign we will probably never know and that is just fine. I however do find it interesting that no where in that interview with Hak regarding Nelson's departure did he once say Brock was ready to go to the next level. I know Hak would have flat out said if he believed Nelson was ready to jump to the next level and he did not. Brock will be a fantastic pro and any team he plays on will benefit from his skill. I think everyone just wishes he would have stayed one more year. Again can't fault the kid.

I had heard something that he was coming back from someone within the program but I didn't want to spout something off and then have it not come true. But since it appears what I was told was true I suppose I can mention the other half of the convo. I am NOT trying to start any rumors about our guys but the same person that told me about a week ago that Kristo was staying, also told me that the team (players) was not very happy with Nelson's decision to take off. Something about they all thought it was agreed upon that everyone was staying to try and win it all next year and next thing you know Nelson up and left. Again, not trying to bad mouth Nelson, met the kid a few times and he seems like a really good guy. I just really think this time next year Nelson will look back and think leaving was one of the worst decisions he made.

Well you didn't read about the facts than if you say this! First off he signed the most lucrative deal in all of college players! Pressured by family, you bet, 1.6 million! What parent wouldn't push their kid into this contract? If it was a $60,000 deal, than take the chance! Take a chance on blowing a knee and lose 1.6 million, that is stupid! Learn the facts before you "don't want to talk bad about someone or start something" what his family made him do is what any family should make their child do! Thank God for Kristo, this season is going to be something special! My prediction, 7 loses all year, championship #8!!!!