SiouxSports.com Forum

Brock, Danny, and Derek: PLEASE STAY!!!

yzerman19

Yes, some of those comments bugged me as well, not because they were from Gopher fan's, but because the posters were making comments even though they weren't fully informed. No other team but Montreal could offer Danny a contract, unless he withdrew from school and became a free agent. The comment "I guess the pro interest wasn't there like expected" could not be further from the truth. Understand the process before you start posting about it

I'd have to assume he was just making a smart a## comment, because I think every college hockey fan knows that he is pro ready. Not that another year of college will hurt. A lot of the people on GPL will make smart a## comments knowing that UND fans will read them

I'd have to assume he was just making a smart a## comment, because I think every college hockey fan knows that he is pro ready. Not that another year of college will hurt. A lot of the people on GPL will make smart a## comments knowing that UND fans will read them

It very well could have been, but I didn't interpret it that way. Maybe its because the poster, "The Mole", tends to shed the worst possible light on everything UND.

It very well could have been, but I didn't interpret it that way. Maybe its because the poster, "The Mole", tends to shed the worst possible light on everything UND.

I actually didn't see the comment, but if it's from The Mole it is without a doubt a smart a## comment

I actually didn't see the comment, but if it's from The Mole it is without a doubt a smart a## comment

I was just going to say that as well. I was disappointed that he didn't reply to my response to that very comment he made. :sad:

Self-proclaimed Mole isn't very a good Mole. Hopefully, he is able finish college and excel at something else because providing inside info on UND hockey players isn't one of them. :lol:

I was just going to say that as well. I was disappointed that he didn't reply to my response to that very comment he made. :sad:

Self-proclaimed Mole isn't very a good Mole. Hopefully, he is able finish college and excel at something else because providing inside info on UND hockey players isn't one of them. :lol:

The "Mole" blocked me on Twitter. I guess he can dish it out but he can't take it himself. Haha.

Me too. Too many fans just like at stats to determine a players worth. Don't get me wrong Nelson had a fantastic year and I wish he would've stayed for his Junior year, but the fans that watch the Sioux consistently know who the best/most effective player on the team was this year and that was Danny Kristo. With that being said, if Nelson would have improved as much this offseason as he did last offseason, I think he would have been our best player next year.

Yeah I agree with you that I would have loved to have Nelson back another year, but some fans do just look at numbers and say he was our best player and a lot of times numbers don't tell the whole story. I'm not trying to downplay how good of player Brock was, but playing with Kristo and Knight definitely didn't hurt his numbers at all.

Yeah I agree with you that I would have loved to have Nelson back another year, but some fans do just look at numbers and say he was our best player and a lot of times numbers don't tell the whole story. I'm not trying to downplay how good of player Brock was, but playing with Kristo and Knight definitely didn't hurt his numbers at all.

I agree, I think Brock was more of a product of his two linemates than vice versa.

Observations:

1. The front office in Montreal is a mess right now.

2. Kristo's 2010-11 roommate was considered the most "NHL-ready" forward coming out of college and he's a Toronto ... Marlie. I'm sure they talked.

3. I'm sure Coach Hakstol and Kristo had a long, "are you 100% in?" chat before this was put out there.

I think Frattin is more an example of why staying and playing four years is smart. It would only be speculation, but I would guess the year that Gregoire had probably impacted Danny's thinking a lot. Gregoire had a great junior year and exercised his free agent option and left early...to spend a bad year in the AHL.

Frattin is a success story- same with Matt Read. I'm glad Danny is paying attention! It helps him and it helps us.

Observations:

1. The front office in Montreal is a mess right now.

2. Kristo's 2010-11 roommate was considered the most "NHL-ready" forward coming out of college and he's a Toronto ... Marlie. I'm sure they talked.

3. I'm sure Coach Hakstol and Kristo had a long, "are you 100% in?" chat before this was put out there.

In regards to number 2, Frattin played 56 games in the NHL and 26 in the AHL during the season. He had 15 pts with the Leafs and 18 with the Marlies. That is of course, assuming that hockeydb is correct. They may have talked...but I don't know if Fratts being with the Marlies had much to do with it. He played 15:59 minutes for the Leafs in their final game of the season, he went back to the Marlies after the Leafs were done.

In regards to number 2, Frattin played 56 games in the NHL and 26 in the AHL during the season. He had 15 pts with the Leafs and 18 with the Marlies. That is of course, assuming that hockeydb is correct. They may have talked...but I don't know if Fratts being with the Marlies had much to do with it. He played 15:59 minutes for the Leafs in their final game of the season, he went back to the Marlies after the Leafs were done.

I'm sure they talked. And Frattin probably said he stayed for a senior year and is still up and down. ;)

I'm sure they talked. And Frattin probably said he stayed for a senior year and is still up and down. ;)

I am sure that they have talked as well, but that doesn't mean that he told him to stay because he was in the AHL this year. The chances of that happening whether you stay for 1,2,3,4, or even 5 years are great....I am pretty sure that the guys all know that. For all we know, Danny is staying not because of conversations that he had with other players but because of conversations that he had with the Canadiens.

I am sure that they have talked as well, but that doesn't mean that he told him to stay because he was in the AHL this year. The chances of that happening whether you stay for 1,2,3,4, or even 5 years are great....I am pretty sure that the guys all know that. For all we know, Danny is staying not because of conversations that he had with other players but because of conversations that he had with the Canadiens.

I wouldn't necessarily say that the, Canadiens wanted to sign him and I'm sure there was a reason he got the input from so many other players and that I'll factored into the decison. It wasn't like the Canadiens said go back to school for another year, it was Dannys decison and I'm sure he took in all the information he could and got a lot of peoples opinons.

I wouldn't necessarily say that the, Canadiens wanted to sign him and I'm sure there was a reason he got the input from so many other players and that I'll factored into the decison. It wasn't like the Canadiens said go back to school for another year, it was Dannys decison and I'm sure he took in all the information he could and got a lot of peoples opinons.

yes, they may have wanted to sign him. But we were not in his discussions with them, so we can't rule out that he said, i don't feel like i am mature enough to move on and they replied with then, stay and we will wait until you are ready.

My point was, we were not party to his discussions with anyone...so, we can not state that is what happened in those conversations.