SiouxSports.com Forum

Brock, Danny, and Derek: PLEASE STAY!!!

yzerman19

Does anybody think he would spend any time in the AHL if he went pro?

I don't.

Hard to say since there has been such a shake-up in the Habs coaching/administration and who origionaly wanted Kristo are gone. How many kids his age are there playing in the N vs. the A?

But then you have a kid who, IMHO, is more NHL ready physically in Bjugstad, but his Unlce(who played, and still works with many NHL Players) was very open on PA saying the Nick needs another year. I know Nick is only 18 and Brock is 19 but, I would think they would want him to have the best chance to succeed.

Nick is 19, Brock is 20. Minor correction.:)

I suspect Danny Kristo is "playing out the clock" until August 1, 2012.

The longer we hear nothing from him confirms that to me.

couldn't agree more, if he were to be staying you would think he would just come out and say it. my guess is sometime in the next month or so we will hear he has withdrawn from school, just like gregoire.

I suspect Danny Kristo is "playing out the clock" until August 1, 2012.

The longer we hear nothing from him confirms that to me.

Pretty much what I expected him to do, especially when the Habs organization is in such shambles right now. I'd suspect he wants to sign with another team, and get more money in the process. Does anyone see him signing with the Jets or Wild just to stay closer to home?

I think he might want to go to Montreal where he can play a bigger role and where they are crazy about hockey like at UND.

Winnipeg and Minnesota both fit those parameters, as well. I don't know if he is going to want to back out of his commitment to Montreal. He has said several times that when he does leave he's going to Montreal.

I know their fans are hockey crazy, but I could never find it in myself to play there if I had the chance. Everything is in French, from what I hear people in Quebec usually aren't the friendliest, and the fans are almost psycho hockey crazy. I'm surprised they haven't murdered a player for making a mistake in the playoffs yet. Granted they burn their city every year they lose in the playoffs as a replacement to that.

I don't think Minnesota would be a possible team if Danny leaves and is a free agent, I believe their GM said they probably wouldn't sign any college free agents this year because they are at the contract limit, also don't think Danny would go there because they are loaded with prospects.

the Wild are loaded with prospects?

Yes, Mikael Granlund, Charlie Coyle, Jonas Brodin, Zack Phillips, Johan Larsson, Jason Zucker, and Brett Bulmer could all make the NHL team next year as first year pro's. Only one of those players I listed is a defenseman.

I was being sarcastic. The Wild always seem to tell everyone they have a buttload of talent in the AHL or elsewhere but how come when they do make it to the NHL the Wild still suck?

Who knows, I think all of those guys will be solid player's, but I don't think any will turn out to be stars with the only exception being maybe Granlund.

Who knows, I think all of those guys will be solid player's, but I don't think any will turn out to be stars with the only exception being maybe Granlund.

Granlund is the only one that I think could turn into a star player as well. He's sick

Granlund is the only one that I think could turn into a star player as well. He's sick

I have extremely high hopes for him, but seeing how David Rundblad struggled this year, who was touted as the best player outside of the NHL, I try to temper my expectations until I see how they actually perform in the NHL.

The Wild will just have to pick up Parise and Suter to be their stars :bigsmile:

Does anyone else find it a little strange Dell hasn't signed yet? I thought he was close to a contract with a team last week maybe there was a change in his decison or anyone know what the holdup is?

The Wild will just have to pick up Parise and Suter to be their stars :bigsmile:

Does anyone else find it a little strange Dell hasn't signed yet? I thought he was close to a contract with a team last week maybe there was a change in his decison or anyone know what the holdup is?

Could he be waiting to finish out the school year???

I was being sarcastic. The Wild always seem to tell everyone they have a buttload of talent in the AHL or elsewhere but how come when they do make it to the NHL the Wild still suck?

They suck because they had poor front office management for years and they also had a coach who taught pre-NHL lock-out systems that just don't work anymore. If you couldn't shoot it in the ocean, but could backcheck for 60 minutes, you had a job with the Wild. It's going to take years for them to recover from all that baloney.

Easter weekend? End of the regular season so the front office was busy with something else? Just not ready to pull the trigger on one side or the other? Have a couple of options that are very close and he is trying to figure out which is best? It's only been a few days over a holiday weekend so I wouldn't read too much into a delay in getting a contract signed.

Could he be waiting to finish out the school year???

I wouldn't doubt it. My friend teaches him and he's told me multiple times that Dell is far and away the best "student" he's ever had out of UND hockey players. Still kind of puzzling he hasn't signed yet, though.

I REALLY wish they would sign Parise but I've heard that it's HIGHLY unlikely that it will happen.

I wouldn't doubt it. My friend teaches him and he's told me multiple times that Dell is far and away the best "student" he's ever had out of UND hockey players. Still kind of puzzling he hasn't signed yet, though.

If he eventually wants to finish up his degree, it probalby wouldn't be in his best interest to withdraw without earning credits for this current semester.