SiouxSports.com Forum

Seth Jones Watch

siouxnami

Are you kidding me? Hakstol should do everyone a favor and resign over the embarrassing 4th place conference finish this season! :lol:

I agree, but I thought we were going to form an angry, somewhat disorganized, mob and just run him out of town ... :huh::lol:

Thus the lol face...

Thanks for the back-up, jodcon. My post was obviously tongue-in-cheek humor as it is typical on this site for people to jump off the ship after an 0-2 start to the season or a loss to Minnesota in October. Anyone who knows me knows my opinion of Coach Hakstol and the job he has done for the University of North Dakota hockey team.

That is just unacceptable at this level of hockey. Many of those players will be in the NHL soon. They need to start acting like it.

I agree. This level of theatrics is very embarrassing! I couldn't imagine being out of high school, let alone being a college team and doing this for team bonding, superstition, or whatever. I guess this is the sole reason Grant Potulny receives a paycheck, his biggest contribution to the program. "Hey, let's bring a G.F. Red River tradition to the Minnesota Gopher squad." What a bunch of knuckleheads! :lol:

They look like a bunch of idiots too! There's no sugar coating it. It's stupid. Plain and simple.

I agree. This level of theatrics is very embarrassing! I couldn't imagine being out of high school, let alone being a college team and doing this for team bonding, superstition, or whatever. I guess this is the sole reason Grant Potulny receives a paycheck, his biggest contribution to the program. "Hey, let's bring a G.F. Red River tradition to the Minnesota Gopher squad." What a bunch of knuckleheads! :lol:

They look like a bunch of idiots too! There's no sugar coating it. It's stupid. Plain and simple.

Lets hope that another talented team of piss head rats (Red River/Minnesota) loses to a hard working younger team from a smaller area (Grafton/UND) in the semis of the tournament

Thanks for the back-up, jodcon.  My post was obviously tongue-in-cheek humor as it is typical on this site for people to jump off the ship after an 0-2 start to the season or a loss to Minnesota in October.  Anyone who knows me knows my opinion of Coach Hakstol and the job he has done for the University of North Dakota hockey team.

No problem, I've made enough snarky sarcastic comments in my life to recognize a good one.

I like how Lucia said that he hopes they all had girlfriends before they dyed their hair because now they're all so ugly they won't even get a date. :lol:

Let's just hope they don't make another music video this year, that was heinous.

If his last name wasn't Lamarioux he might not have lasted this long on the team let alone be made captain.

He wasn't "made" captain; he was voted captain. Yeah, I'll bet his teammates really cared about his last name.

How people can congratulate the coaches for overcoming adversity and not recognize the role the captains played is beyond me. Especially the one who set the tone by playing much of the season when he had no business being on the ice due to injuries

• Upvote 3

I've been critical of Lammy at times, but when you think how how this team has held together and performed beyond its apparent potential, you have to recognize the kind of leadership they have had. He goes to the box far too often, but he's obviously been very good for this team from a morale and leadership perspective.

• Upvote 1

He wasn't "made" captain; he was voted captain. Yeah, I'll bet his teammates really cared about his last name.

How people can congratulate the coaches for overcoming adversity and not recognize the role the captains played is beyond me. Especially the one who set the tone by playing much of the season when he had no business being on the ice due to injuries

We (fans) cannot see his leadership but the players speak of it so I trust them.

As far as his play on the ice goes, he is a very good penalty killer, he goes after his man and disrupts him which is one of the main tenants of Sioux hockey. After he came back from his injury he really was questionable but I feel that in the last two or three weekends he has been playing very well. His line has done as good of a job as any forechecking and holding the zone. So my hat is of to our captain.

It is just that his has no patients shooting and, in kind to no patients, is no accuracy. But the funny thing is that that has kind of been Sioux hockey as well in recent years.

Coming back from Alaska Forbort and Blood had to carry Mario up the jet bridge because he couldn't walk up hill and walking through the terminal he was being dragged by Blood to the bus.