SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota vs NDSU

Cratter

Yes SUU is mediocre and they will always be mediocre. They are a mediocre regional school in the middle of nowhere..having to slug it out with BYU, Utah State and Utah. Their football team beat UNLV and lost to every Dakota school they played and their basketball team went to the dance once 11 years ago...la ti fricken da.

The students aren't on sighting seeing trips, it is business. You fly in, go to where you need to go and get back. In between they have to do things like practice and most importantly study because they are missing a significant amount of class time. So I don't think these kids really care where they are traveling to, they care more about playing against better competition and like has been said before the Summit and Big Sky are similar in the regard.

Just pick up a game with NAU? Yep just a short 6-7 hour drive to Flagstaff from Cedar City. Seriously what kind of warped reality do some of you Sioux fans live in?

I love how Bison fans are ripping on the Big Sky....a conference they so desperately wanted to be in 5-6 years ago!!! Why was it so good for NDSU back in 2005 but now it is so horrible? What is different?

I love how Bison fans are ripping on the Big Sky....a conference they so desperately wanted to be in 5-6 years ago!!! Why was it so good for NDSU back in 2005 but now it is so horrible? What is different?

I'm not ripping the Big Sky, I'm just saying what it is and that is like the Summit but more expensive. We wanted the Big Sky because it was the only option for football and in case you haven't noticed football is kind of important at NDSU.

Back when NDSU was looking for a conference for all their sports, if they would of had a choice of Big Sky or Summit/MVFC. They would of taken the Big Sky in a heartbeat. They just never would admit it now. The Big Sky rejected them and that took care of it for them. They never had a choice.

• Any idea if the upper level will be open tomorrow.  How are ticket sales going?

"I hope no one from ndsu goes up to the game tomorrow, they say only 5000 seats have been sold, how embarassing."

From a Bison fan on AGS...Is it true only 5000 seats?? The first quote of his comment is a head scratcher.

Think about it for a second: The game is on a Tuesday - that hurts attendance bigtime compared to last year when it was on a Saturday night with nothing else going on in Fargo.

Also, the novelty has wore off. The first game in 7 years was last year and it was a big deal. A ton of advertising. Now its the second time they have played in two years.

The Herald article stated 6-7k. I would take 7k on a Tuesday night for a basketball game anytime.

"I hope no one from ndsu goes up to the game tomorrow, they say only 5000 seats have been sold, how embarassing."

From a Bison fan on AGS...Is it true only 5000 seats?? The first quote of his comment is a head scratcher.

I talked with someone higher up in the ticket office at the booster luncheon Friday and he indicated that sales had significantly picked up the prior few days and sales were right around 6,000 and they were expecting to surpass 7,000 and near 8,000 by game time depending on how things went. He also said that they expect a large walk-up crowd, for some reason its common for that in Grand Forks. Take that for what its worth.

The lower bowl is now sold out and the best set of 2 tickets in the middle section is 8-10 rows up.

The fact that this isn't the first time they are playing again makes a big difference. Maybe the fans in Fargo wanted this more than the Grand Forks fans do.

Attendance of last three Sioux-Bison games in REA:

2001-02: 5,942

2002-03: 8,891

2003-04: 7,247

I'd be surprised if attendance even approached the 10,000-ish number that was for the game in Fargo last year. NDSU fans care much more about playing North Dakota than vice-versa. I'll say 7,500 or so sounds about right for this game. I'm sure looking forward to it, heading up with a party of 9 tomorrow.............

The Bison game probably seems like small potatoes after having 2 Gopher games and 2 Wisconsin games in town this weekend. Just a thought.

In North Dakota, anytime the two school square off it is big potatoes. Specially football. To a lesser extent basketball. You know this.

Kind of like Sioux fans were ripping Southern Utah a year ago? Now they are the second coming of Duke since they are joining the Big Sky. They were worse than Mayville State when they were in the Summit.

6,000 to 7,000 expected at UND-NDSU men's basketball game

[url=http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/226756/group/homepage/]

It'll be interesting to see how they've "tightened" things up a bit to make the REA a better basketball venue. I doubt it is as good as Dakotadan's idea of pushing the floor back to one of the red-lines, but IMO anything would help. I've been to several basketball games at REA, and have always been disappointed by the environment except for when we play the Bison. I'd much rather watch a game in the Betty with 3,000 people than watch a game in REA with 5,000.

Also a bit ticked that they are gonna charge hockey season ticket holders for parking. I've been to plenty of games at the Sioux Center and not had to pay to park. But tomorrow I apparently have to.............

6,000 to 7,000 expected at UND-NDSU men's basketball game

It'll be interesting to see how they've "tightened" things up a bit to make the REA a better basketball venue. I doubt it is as good as Dakotadan's idea of pushing the floor back to one of the red-lines, but IMO anything would help. I've been to several basketball games at REA, and have always been disappointed by the environment except for when we play the Bison. I'd much rather watch a game in the Betty with 3,000 people than watch a game in REA with 5,000.

Also a bit ticked that they are gonna charge hockey season ticket holders for parking. I've been to plenty of games at the Sioux Center and not had to pay to park. But tomorrow I apparently have to.............

I can see why you'd be ticked about having to pay to park but remember, they want your cash. And since its basketball...they have all the justification in the world to ask you for some coin.

I can see why you'd be ticked about having to pay to park but remember, they want your cash. And since its basketball...they have all the justification in the world to ask you for some coin.

I'm a big fan of capitalism, I just think that it sucks that I'll be able to park for free, closer to the doors of the Sioux Center, for the next home game..................

This is all NDSU's fault................... ;)

I'm a big fan of capitalism, I just think that it sucks that I'll be able to park for free, closer to the doors of the Sioux Center, for the next home game..................

This is all NDSU's fault................... ;)

Gene Taylor and Chapman were behind this... :| Oh, and Bresciani turned a blind eye towards it initially, until we get the PayForParkingGate Scandal Tapes from his office, we will never know how much he knew. :D

Gene Taylor and Chapman were behind this... :| Oh, and Bresciani turned a blind eye towards it initially, until we get the PayForParkingGate Scandal Tapes from his office, we will never know how much he knew. :D

My guess is that Gene Taylor is getting a cut of the parking revenue...............

It is the only way that that tool would have allowed Saul Phillips to schedule this game.........................