SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota vs NDSU

Cratter

Just watched NDSU play of fox sports against Oral Roberts. NDSU has a very impressive motion offense. All players on offense are constantly moving and not a single player stands in one spot for more than a second. NDSU shot 68% from the field and over 70% from three on the road and lost. We had better put on our track shoes to stay up with this motion offense. I was very impressed. We have our work cut out for us against NDSU.

Just watched NDSU play of fox sports against Oral Roberts. NDSU has a very impressive motion offense. All players on offense are constantly moving and not a single player stands in one spot for more than a second. NDSU shot 68% from the field and over 70% from three on the road and lost. We had better put on our track shoes to stay up with this motion offense. I was very impressed. We have our work cut out for us against NDSU.

UND should be fine if they play like they did against SDSU in Grand Forks..if not it will be a repeat of UND's trip to Fargo.

NDSU looks very good this year. North Dakota will have their hands full with NDSU, but talent-wise, we are actually probably better on paper. It is just a matter them getting their heads together and playing like they did in the 2nd half of last season rather than how they've played in the first half of this season.

NDSU looks very good this year. North Dakota will have their hands full with NDSU, but talent-wise, we are actually probably better on paper. It is just a matter them getting their heads together and playing like they did in the 2nd half of last season rather than how they've played in the first half of this season.

Kinda like the SIoux hockey teams of the past few years.

anyone know if jones or faison is doing a 2-1 to schedule a "bigger" named school to come here like the AC did with Fresno?

also i think jones needs to start w/ one point guard and go with him whether its webb or anderson...like they say about a football team "if you have two quarterbacks, you don't have one"

starters?

anderson/webb

huff

goodman

mitchell

brekke

or

webb/anderson

huff

mitchell

brekke

wilmer

anyone know if jones or faison is doing a 2-1 to schedule a "bigger" named school to come here like the AC did with Fresno?

also i think jones needs to start w/ one point guard and go with him whether its webb or anderson...like they say about a football team "if you have two quarterbacks, you don't have one"

starters?

anderson/webb

huff

goodman

mitchell

brekke

or

webb/anderson

huff

mitchell

brekke

wilmer

I think that having both Webb & Anderson on the floor has been fine. When they are together, my view is that Webb is the point with Anderson as the off guard- which is fine considering that Anderson is an efficient scorer just look at his percentages. Webb is also probably our best defensive perimeter player- he really locked down some guys since he's been here. One (Anderson or Webb) goes to the bench to rest when Schuler comes on & either Webb or Anderson can handle the ballhandling duties. I certainly don't mind who we have in our starting 5. As of right now- Goodman is only 2 games back from an injury that basically kept him out a year. I like him coming off the bench, because he can give us a lift both offensively & defensively in both areas when he checks off the bench. I would be ok with Schuler starting, but Anderson to this point has been a little better this season and I feel has deserved to start. Again, when Schuler is into it, he adds a tremendous threat of bench scoring.

starters?

anderson/webb

huff

goodman

mitchell

brekke

or

webb/anderson

huff

mitchell

brekke

wilmer

You cant put Huff in either scenerio as the 2( shooting guard), he cant shoot outside a dunk or a layup. Huff needs to be at the 3 or maybe the 4. If you were to start only one true point guard it would have to be Schuler at the 2. I was thinking alittle about next years line up without Mitchell since you started a topic about this years starting lineups. If we dont replace Mitchell at all then slide Huff down to the 4 and have either Schuler or Goodman at the 3. We would be small but would have 3 viable shooters from the outside and Huff and Brekke on the inside. Still bring Allard off the bench for Huff and Wilmer for Brekke. With no scholarships available and no new players we will have to go small.

Hey everyone, been following the board for a few years since I came to UND and finally have the guts to start posting :lol:

All joking aside, as a student I am very excited for this game. I unforuntately haven't been to as many UND events outside of hockey as I would have liked this year (between 2 campus jobs and schoolwork its kinda hard). I got my ticket yesterday. I went down to the Fargodome last year and despite the loss, the first taste of the rivarly was amazing. I was also lucky to see the volleyball game this year and was very into it (which isn't too hard for me to get into). Despite the struggles, I think they have a chance, it is a rivarly game where records are thrown out the window and anything can happen. I hopefully can catch a rerun of a bison game so I can see what they bring to the table. Since I'll be at the hockey games this weekend I won't be able to catch them live on MidCo.

Also, I hope the student show up and are ready to make some noise, I mean there are nearly 15,000 students on campus... Not everyone can hate basketball... right??? :p. I am trying to organize a student-led green out and trying to reach the proper channels, I know there are quite a few students who actually like basketball on these boards and Im wondering if they can't help me out.

I

• Upvote 1

Hey everyone, been following the board for a few years since I came to UND and finally have the guts to start posting :lol:

All joking aside, as a student I am very excited for this game. I unforuntately haven't been to as many UND events outside of hockey as I would have liked this year (between 2 campus jobs and schoolwork its kinda hard). I got my ticket yesterday. I went down to the Fargodome last year and despite the loss, the first taste of the rivarly was amazing. I was also lucky to see the volleyball game this year and was very into it (which isn't too hard for me to get into). Despite the struggles, I think they have a chance, it is a rivarly game where records are thrown out the window and anything can happen. I hopefully can catch a rerun of a bison game so I can see what they bring to the table. Since I'll be at the hockey games this weekend I won't be able to catch them live on MidCo.

Also, I hope the student show up and are ready to make some noise, I mean there are nearly 15,000 students on campus... Not everyone can hate basketball... right??? :p. I am trying to organize a student-led green out and trying to reach the proper channels, I know there are quite a few students who actually like basketball on these boards and Im wondering if they can't help me out.

I

Welcome to the board. I look forward to hearing from you and other students regarding UND athletics and how students can be inspired to attend events other than (along with) hockey.

I

Welcome to the board. We definately need students at all our home games and with more students like you trying to drive them to the games would be great, thanks. Look forward to seeing hundreds and hundreds of students. Would rather have thousands but we will start small and build. Go Sioux

On a basketball related note, I am very excited to watch this game. Basketball allows for a lot more flexibility in scheduling and I think fans of both schools are probably happy to have the other school on the schedule.

I'll take NDSU by 10. It could easily be a route like last year but who knows what goes down. Obviously something weird is up in Grand Forks if you can let SDSU rock you the way they did and then shortly after you beat SDSU (no small feat for UND, Wolters is a dude).

I don't think it's any surprise that NDSU should be favored. They have earned it with their consistent play. I would think in a rivalry on your home floor you always have a chance. Only this isn't on our home floor. It's on a neutral floor. That gives a far more significant edge to our southern neighbors, unfortunately. I was told that we get 1 practice in thee before game day. The reason this concerns me is we really haven't shot the ball well to begin with this year, but the few times we have has been in the Betty. This is not shooting in the Betty and with limited time to work in there, it's going to take a minor miracle for us to get comfortable shooting in that cavern. The point should be made that NDSU hasn't shot in there either. But it would be nice to have that home-court advantage in regards to our shooting. I'm pegging attendance at about 7500 and I hope there would be over 6000 lunatic Sioux fans in attendance to help make up the difference.

On a basketball related note, I am very excited to watch this game. Basketball allows for a lot more flexibility in scheduling and I think fans of both schools are probably happy to have the other school on the schedule. I'll take NDSU by 10. It could easily be a route like last year but who knows what goes down. Obviously something weird is up in Grand Forks if you can let SDSU rock you the way they did and then shortly after you beat SDSU (no small feat for UND, Wolters is a dude).
I'd be satisfied with a 10pt loss. Unless that came via giving up a big lead or something like that.

I'd be satisfied with a 10pt loss. Unless that came via giving up a big lead or something like that.

Dont think any Sioux fan should be satified with a loss to NDSU. Granted this is going to be a very tough game for us but we have proven we can play with very good teams in GF. As Green Team mentioned this will be alittle neutralized due to the fact we are not playing in the Betty. However, a huge pro Sioux crowd could made up this difference. We will need to play great defense and once again be patient and take good shots. Go Sioux

UND is better on paper? NDSU has at least 4 players on its roster that I wouldn't trade for anyone on the UND roster (Lawrence Alexander, Taylor Braun, Marshall Bjorklund and Mike Felt). I'm not saying NDSU will win since anything can happen in any given game, but on paper talent wise it should be a 15 to 20 point NDSU win. Huff appears to be a very good athlete but not a great basketball player yet.

am i the only one who thinks this game should have been played at hyslop? to only get to practice at rea once this week is totally unacceptable...they could have the floor moved into hyslop weeks ago and been practicing their since...if im not incorrect hyslop sits maybe 6 or 7k? so it would be totally packed and hyslop hysteria would back and it would be so loud the asbestos would be raining down on the court.

hey nd1acfan...marshall bjorklund? r u serious?