SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota vs NDSU

Cratter

I think our FB team was on TV every game this year but 1. Getting your ass handed to you when you're on TV really isn't a good thing is it?

This is a basketball thread isn't it? I'm talking all sports. How many times was your volleyball team on TV? How many other basketball games will be televised? Your looking at one sport, I was asking about athletics as a whole. Not even close.

• Upvote 1

This is a basketball thread isn't it? I'm talking all sports. How many times was your volleyball team on TV? How many other basketball games will be televised? Your looking at one sport, I was asking about athletics as a whole. Not even close.

I did see the NDSU at Oral Roberts game...of course that is thanks to Oral Bob. NDSU is way below in the TV market. Football on KVLY doesn't count when you can watch UND football nationwide on Fox College Sports, even basketball nationwide helps in recruiting (and thats without the ESPNU Kansas game).

Is it that costly to do HD broadcasts? Anymore it is pretty rough watching SD broadcasts of athletic events. Actually, it is hard to imaging that we only used to watch sports in SD!

Cameras plus equipment plus truck add up to at least $2 million or more. HD also involves a lot more satellite time, which is also expensive.

Wow, win a couple of Scummit league games and all of a sudden, your boys don't need to practice?

Can you say "Overconfidence"?

That's fine, you can call it what you like but have you looked at the Sagarin conference rankings? If the Summit is as you say, what does that make the Big Sky and Great West? Actually ranking don't mean much in a game like this, a lot of things can happen and I'm sure WYO was just messing around, no reason to go all message board serious on what he said. Since we are talking Sagarin rankings, quite the difference between NDSU and UND there too, almost 200 spots. But as they say, that's why they play the games, I'm sure it will be a fun one to be at for those who can make it. As for overconfidence, I don't think the game is hanging on what one fan in WY says on a message board, now if Saul had come out and said we don't need to stinkin' practice for the Sioux you might have a point, but since he hasn't might I suggest you calm down a bit. Hey WYO nice seeing you in Frisco, hope you enjoyed the GB Nordeast. :bigsmile:

I don't think some of the UND fans have a grip on what DI basketball is all about. Some do.....

I do. DI basketball is all about North Carolina, Duke, Kentucky, Indiana, and UCLA, not mid-major* schools in fly-over country.

*Polite media code for "they have no freakin' chance to ever win a DI MBB title.

That's fine, you can call it what you like but have you looked at the Sagarin conference rankings? If the Summit is as you say, what does that make the Big Sky and Great West? Actually ranking don't mean much in a game like this, a lot of things can happen and I'm sure WYO was just messing around, no reason to go all message board serious on what he said. Since we are talking Sagarin rankings, quite the difference between NDSU and UND there too, almost 200 spots. But as they say, that's why they play the games, I'm sure it will be a fun one to be at for those who can make it. As for overconfidence, I don't think the game is hanging on what one fan in WY says on a message board, now if Saul had come out and said we don't need to stinkin' practice for the Sioux you might have a point, but since he hasn't might I suggest you calm down a bit. Hey WYO nice seeing you in Frisco, hope you enjoyed the GB Nordeast. :bigsmile:

WYO should have used a smiley face or something; it sounded arrogant without it. And I don't give a crap about power rankings; I am looking forward to life in the Big Sky Conference (a conference you wanted, btw) and I am so glad we aren't in the freaking Summit League. You can take your hodge-podge of Micky Mouse Schools like UMKC and IUPUIFW or whatever the heck they are called. As for the game Tuesday night, I think NDSU is the favorite because UND is still getting it's program up to DI standards.

The Nordeast is outstanding.......Man I wish we could get it out here! Many thanks again for that!!!!!!!

As to the BB game.......if the Herd come out shooting decently, this one will probably be ugly from the UND fan perspective. If we are cold from the field, it could be a horse race. The achilles heel for the Bison will be consistency. That seems to be a recurrent issue since we lost the dream team that took us to The Dance. Road games always make that a little tougher. But......If I were in Vegas......gimme a ticket on the Herd!