SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota vs NDSU

Cratter

You shouldn't say that kind of stuff........it just will make the thumping UND is gonna get that much more painful for you....... :lol:

WYO talkin jive! Love it!

By the way......I am probably pissy and giving you guys s#!t tonight because my wife has force me to sit in MY mancave and watch a chick flick with her....No sarcasm there.....this is really happening...... :sad:

..........she is allowed into the cave?

Saul is pretty jacked up for this game or at least he sounded pretty excited in the USD postgame interview. So I'm sure the Bison will be well prepared.

As for this "Scummit" talk, not sure I'd be making fun of one of the better mid-major conferences in college basketball this year...

http://realtimerpi.c...i_conf_Men.html

You Bison fans think it's all about the DI Power Rankings for Men's Basketball. Choice of a conference is more than that. It's about where you are and where you want to go. The Big Sky Conference has schools like Montana and Montana State, which are the big attraction in their respective towns. Who the heck cares about UMKC in KC? If you guys want to be a "big time, mid-major" program, you should pull every trick out of the book to get into the Missouri Valley Conference sometime in the future.

I hate to tell you this, but the Scummit won't get you where you want to go. If the champion of your conference can make a run in March and win a couple of games, I will give the Summit League props. Until then, they remain a average, run-of-the-mill conference.

You Bison fans think it's all about the DI Power Rankings for Men's Basketball. Choice of a conference is more than that. It's about where you are and where you want to go. The Big Sky Conference has schools like Montana and Montana State, which are the big attraction in their respective towns. Who the heck cares about UMKC in KC? If you guys want to be a "big time, mid-major" program, you should pull every trick out of the book to get into the Missouri Valley Conference sometime in the future.

I hate to tell you this, but the Scummit won't get you where you want to go. If the champion of your conference can make a run in March and win a couple of games, I will give the Summit League props. Until then, they remain a average, run-of-the-mill conference.

Thsi arguement gets old. Lets face it. Summit and Big Sky are equal as basketball is concerned and will flip flop in whatever rankings you want to look at from year to year. Both conferences have their good teams and both have their dogs. UND has beaten and lost to both from each conference. I'd like to see the UND team that beat the top teams from each conference show up tomorrow night.

Thsi arguement gets old. Lets face it. Summit and Big Sky are equal as basketball is concerned and will flip flop in whatever rankings you want to look at from year to year. Both conferences have their good teams and both have their dogs. UND has beaten and lost to both from each conference. I'd like to see the UND team that beat the top teams from each conference show up tomorrow night.

Well, I am sorry you think it's old, but it's never going to go away, not with both North Dakota schools in different conferences. I just think it's ironic that the Bison wanted into the Big Sky Conference and had to settle for the Summit League and now they think that's the greatest mid-major league there is (or at least they talk like it). Anyway, it's a rivalry and part of that is ripping your rival whenever possible. I hate "duckie and bunny" sports talk.

I agree that the Summit is likely an intermediate step to something better. The Mo Valley would be a hell of a great place to wind up for all sports. That being said, I also would hate to wind up in a conference where chances are slim that you would win an autobid. I don't think it is in any schools interest to be "over conferenced". The bottom line it is was one hell of a blast going to "The Dance" and I want to see the Bison having a decent shot at making a return visit!

Okay, fair enough. I am just a little ornery after what happened at REA last night.

Ya that was a tough night. Their just too banged up right now to play six periods of the above average hockey it would have taken to sweep them. Still think home ice is int he future though. As fior the BB game, who know what team is going to show up for either side. Hoping for a close and compettive game that does not have the sloppiness that both teams have had stretches of.

I agree that the Summit is likely an intermediate step to something better. The Mo Valley would be a hell of a great place to wind up for all sports.

I think if ANY of the Dakota schools ever wind up in the MVC, it will look nothing like the MVC that we know today.............................

The Big Sky getting Southern Utah and Summit getting USD is looking pretty good for Big Sky right now. SUU is looking much better this year and USD is real bad. Plus, the Summits best team,Oral Roberts, is leaving after this year for the lowly Southland.

USD is terrible, not sure what happened to that program but wow I didn't realize they were that far behind the other Dakota schools in the Summit. I'm not sure their coach has what it takes to turn it around.

SUU is the same team they always are, mediocre. I think most Summit schools will just be happy to lose that horrendous road trip to the middle of nowhere.

USD is terrible, not sure what happened to that program but wow I didn't realize they were that far behind the other Dakota schools in the Summit. I'm not sure their coach has what it takes to turn it around.

SUU is the same team they always are, mediocre. I think most Summit schools will just be happy to lose that horrendous road trip to the middle of nowhere.

Fort Wayne = nowhere

Rochester (MI i think but not sure) = nowhere

Tulsa = nowhere

Vermillion = nowhere

Macomb = nowhere

Fargo = nowhere

Omaha = nowhere

Brookings = nowhere

St. Cloud = soon to be nowhere

The NCC 2.0= nowhere league?

Fort Wayne = nowhere

Rochester (MI i think but not sure) = nowhere

Tulsa = nowhere

Vermillion = nowhere

Macomb = nowhere

Fargo = nowhere

Omaha = nowhere

Brookings = nowhere

St. Cloud = soon to be nowhere

The NCC 2.0= nowhere league?

To get to SUU you have to fly into Vegas and take a two hour bus trip just to get there. Besides that there are no schools near SUU, so you fly in there for one game and then fly out. So yes SUU is in the middle of nowhere compared to current Summit members.

Everyone is ecstatic to be rid of that school, SUU was nothing but a burden on the budgets of Summit League schools and nobody was excited to watch their schools play mediocre SUU teams.

I could do the same with Big Sky btw..Flagstaff, Cheney, Bozeman, Missoula, Greeley, etc. Whoever said that the Big Sky and Summit were similar leagues was right.

To get to SUU you have to fly into Vegas and take a two hour bus trip just to get there. Besides that there are no schools near SUU, so you fly in there for one game and then fly out. So yes SUU is in the middle of nowhere compared to current Summit members.

Everyone is ecstatic to be rid of that school, SUU was nothing but a burden on the budgets of Summit League schools and nobody was excited to watch their schools play mediocre SUU teams.

I could do the same with Big Sky btw..Flagstaff, Cheney, Bozeman, Missoula, Greeley, etc. Whoever said that the Big Sky and Summit were similar leagues was right.

When the WCHA first started in the 50’s, there were many people saying that it was a mistake for UND to join a league where they had to travel several hours to cities far away like Houghton and Anchorage. And while Denver and Colorado Springs are big cities, they still take a long time to get there. Well looking back at that decision, I would say that UND may the right move to join that conference. Not even debatable.

When the WCHA first started in the 50’s, there were many people saying that it was a mistake for UND to join a league where they had to travel several hours to cities far away like Houghton and Anchorage. And while Denver and Colorado Springs are big cities, they still take a long time to get there. Well looking back at that decision, I would say that UND may the right move to join that conference. Not even debatable.

UND did what they had to do, can't have a football program without a conference home.

That said in hockey you fly out, play two games and fly back. Travel partners aren't exactly a huge deal, that said it wasn't like travel partners have ever been a big deal in the Big Sky since few members are close to each other.

So for an 18-22 year old flying into Las Vegas (and maybe spending the night there before or after the game) is a bad thing? Maybe pick up a game against NAU and check out the Grand Canyon on the way (compare that to a trip to Allendale and check out the deserted Pontica Silverdome?)

Mediocre teams? Football team beat UNLV pretty easily this year and if i'm not mistaken their bball team has just as many trips to the national tournament as the AC? Their recuriting will be much improved recuriting to the Big Sky instead of the industrial NCC 2.0 (soon to be 2.1 with St Cloud and 2.2 with Grand Valley State).

You can't with a straight face compare Flagstaff, Bozeman, Missoula, Greeley, Cheney, or Cedar City with the above mentioned NCC 2.0 cities can you?

So for an 18-22 year old flying into Las Vegas (and maybe spending the night there before or after the game) is a bad thing? Maybe pick up a game against NAU and check out the Grand Canyon on the way (compare that to a trip to Allendale and check out the deserted Pontica Silverdome?)

Mediocre teams? Football team beat UNLV pretty easily this year and if i'm not mistaken their bball team has just as many trips to the national tournament as the AC? Their recuriting will be much improved recuriting to the Big Sky instead of the industrial NCC 2.0 (soon to be 2.1 with St Cloud and 2.2 with Grand Valley State).

You can't with a straight face compare Flagstaff, Bozeman, Missoula, Greeley, Cheney, or Cedar City with the above mentioned NCC 2.0 cities can you?

Yes SUU is mediocre and they will always be mediocre. They are a mediocre regional school in the middle of nowhere..having to slug it out with BYU, Utah State and Utah. Their football team beat UNLV and lost to every Dakota school they played and their basketball team went to the dance once 11 years ago...la ti fricken da.

The students aren't on sighting seeing trips, it is business. You fly in, go to where you need to go and get back. In between they have to do things like practice and most importantly study because they are missing a significant amount of class time. So I don't think these kids really care where they are traveling to, they care more about playing against better competition and like has been said before the Summit and Big Sky are similar in that regard.

Just pick up a game with NAU? Yep just a short 6-7 hour drive to Flagstaff from Cedar City. Seriously what kind of warped reality do some of you Sioux fans live in?

I would be the first to admit I don't know anything about Big Sky locations and atmospheres. The only thing I know is both Bison fans and Bison announcers have made light of some of the Summit locations and their junior high facilities or atmospheres.

Flagstaff would be fine.

Missoula and Bozeman fine.

Greeley= Cow Town

Cheney= lame.

Cedar City= middle of nowhere.

Seeing the Grand Canyon would be fun or whatever, but I have no idea what makes you think that would be worth some super long trip. Vegas would be great, you think the coach would seriously let them go out at night? Not a chance. Asking for trouble. So hence, Vegas would be lame.