SiouxSports.com Forum

New Nickname

ShilohSioux

319 members have voted

1. 1. What name should replace "Fighting Sioux" after it's retired?

• Aviators or Pilots
    • Cavalry
    • Nodaks
    • Nokotas
    • Norse, Nordics, Fighting Norsemen
    • Outlaws
    • Plainsmen
    • Rangers
    • Rough Riders
    • Other

They aren't doing any scoring at this point. They are weeding out the name. To move on, a name needed to receive a single vote, no reasoning needed to be given.

Just flat out ridiculous! Shows the ineptitude of some on this committee.

Where's gfhockey with Big Cocks when you need him.

Big Green Ball Sack? According to what I'm witnessing from the current committee votes that option gets at least 3 "yes".

Thankfully your time here is about done.

Time to actually let fans of UND pick the nickname.

I think I'd rather have Undermine pick the name than some of the people on this committee.  He at least understands the definition of unique.  It seems some of the committee members -- and many people on this board -- just want to copy their favorite NHL team's nickname or the in-state USHL team.  The fact that even one person on the committee thought "Bison Slayer" is an even remotely acceptable nickname is mind boggling.  

• Upvote 1

I said has acted like. It's a public university, paid by for by the people of North Dakota. To say the "will of the people" is not far fetched at all. Then why ask the public for input? Furthermore, we will be putting the final decision into the hands of leader who has shown about as much back-bone as gopher hockey player.

Sorry - nothing on any fan site represents "the will of the people". 

Don't you guys (gals) remember UND marketing the athletic teams as the "Force of the North"  for a year or 2 in the mid-2000s before the Fargo Force stole it?  I don't see it being selected now, but a lot of UND admins were pretty peeved when that happened.

Apparently they are claiming it never got submitted

Talking to the one gobc member on the panel and he is flabergasted ar this mess. He says its strate from the top! My computer must not if hit submit on it

You?  Guilty of keyboard operation error?  That's credibility stretched to the breaking point!

Cavalry would be so awesome to stick it to the NCAA and make national headlines.

*And the whole country applauds.*

I will admit I did not like this name initially.  I really don't like the shortened version of "Cavs."  But at this point, it's looking like it may be the best name...just for the reason you stated.

Apparently they are claiming it never got submitted

Talking to the one gobc member on the panel and he is flabergasted ar this mess. He says its strate from the top! My computer must not if hit submit on it

I'm starting to think that you're really not what you say you are.  How can I be sure that you have any ties to the GOBC, and you're not just blowing hot air?  They posted the entire list of submitted names, even ones including the N-word, and nowhere did I see Big Cocks.  Were you scared to submit it?